Who deserves the most credit for this Cowboys team?

notthatbluestuff

Complimenting Jerry Jones isn't fashionable but the fact of the matter is that all four men have done their jobs brilliantly. 

I'll give the nod to Dan Quinn, whose defense, 10th in year-start aggregate ratings, has consistently overperformed:  first in overall and pass defense DVOAs, 8th against the run. 

That Micah Parsons belongs in some higher league.

Whoever is ultimately responsible for the drafting IMO. The numerous linemen, Prescott in the 4th, Elliott, Lamb, Parsons, Diggs and so on are all drafted players. They’ve added a few nice FA pieces but kudos for the job done in the draft to create a great core of players. 

• Like 1

The Tyler Smith draft pick saved their *****... Cooper Rush holding down the fort. Hell... Mike White is a starting QB. That tells you all you need to know about the talent evaluation.

For some reason they can't draft a safety if their lives depended on it, but WR, CB, QB, OL... that's where you build the team, and they've hit massively.

All the credit to Jerruh. I like McCarthy's preparation but the penalties and in-game decisions could cost him his job. I think they bring him back so long as they win a playoff game, but if they have to go on the road, they should be favored against everyone but Philly.

Edited by WheatieMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:

Do we really need to talk about "credit" for a team that has yet to do anything, and that's currently losing to the Houston Texans?

Would you still have this same energy if the thread was about the Philadelphia Eagles?

Think the point is that the team was wrote off very early.

Edited by NoFlyZone

4 minutes ago, NoFlyZone said:

Would you still have this same energy if the thread was about the Philadelphia Eagles?

Think the point is that the team was wrote off very early.

The point is that the Cowboys are a good team and I'm asking who deserves the bulk of the credit for making them so. The fact that they haven't "done anything" yet is completely irrelevant.

• Like 1

Talk to me if the Cowboys at least get to the NFCCG. We have seen this picture before multiple times within the last decade. Cowboys have a great season only to be one and done in the playoffs.

If they are one and done this season then what was the meaning of this season? Yes one can say they can build off this season with a promising future but again we have seen this picture before with this team. If the Cowboys can make it to the NFCCG then Ill talk about who deserves the most credit for this Cowboys team. If they dont make it to the NFCCG then we will be talking about once again the accident waiting to happen.

• Like 2