BDL 2022 Playoffs Week 1 - #6 Flint Tropics @ #3 Rome Eternals

RedGold

Who Wins?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Flint Tropics
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2022 at 05:00 AM

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

Taylor decker at RT when he has less than ten snaps there his entire life is a choice btw 

Greenland played Darrisaw at RT the first three games of the seasons and would have kept playing him there if Slater didn’t get hurt. I believe at that point Darrisaw had zero snaps at RT even in college. I didn’t see you ever mention anything about that. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Greenland played Darrisaw at RT the first three games of the seasons and would have kept playing him there if Slater didn’t get hurt. I believe at that point Darrisaw had zero snaps at RT even in college. I didn’t see you ever mention anything about that. 

I assumed, because of Slater, they would be using him there at RT all season.  It's one thing to do it week one, especially with a rookie to give the guy experience so later in the season you can say he's played there all year.  Last year I mentioned this with Ruskie about Andrew Whitworth being his RT then as the year went on I dropped that cause he had used him there all season.    It's an entirely different animal to do it in an elimination game when you have another RT on the roster you've been using.  I had this exact conversation with blue and mwil earlier this year on a player they tried to use midseason that had never played center so yes I'm fairly consistent with this

4 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I assumed, because of Slater, they would be using him there at RT all season.  It's one thing to do it week one, especially with a rookie to give the guy experience so later in the season you can say he's played there all year.  Last year I mentioned this with Ruskie about Andrew Whitworth being his RT then as the year went on I dropped that cause he had used him there all season.    It's an entirely different animal to do it in an elimination game when you have another RT on the roster you've been using.  I had this exact conversation with blue and mwil earlier this year on a player they tried to use midseason that had never played center so yes I'm fairly consistent with this

Darrisaw isn’t a rookie. Had all his BDL experience at RT prior to week 4. But because he plays LT irl we can ignore that switch? And just base it off his irl position? As long as the guy plays somewhere in real life play a guy out of position early in the year and then you can just switch him elsewhere with no problem cus he plays there in real life despite never playing there in BDL

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I do see bcb's point.  I used Burford at LG all season.  if he was getting LG reps all season, by this point, it's a nonissue. 

What about a guy that has never played in BDL? But you’ve been cross training or training to play a position in practice 

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

What about a guy that has never played in BDL? But you’ve been cross training or training to play a position in practice 

I mean if you've mentioned it throughout  the weeks leading up to you using him there, I wouldn't have an issue with that.  But there's a limit to what works though to. Thd more time a guy spends his training at a different spot, it lessens the  reps of the both he and the starter 

16 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Thd more time a guy spends his training at a different spot, it lessens the  reps of the both he and the starter 

But not backups. They aren’t taking reps from starters and guys throw them in all the time and eyes aren’t even batted if they are starters irl but don’t start in BDL. As long as their PFF grade is high and they are assumed to be playing well it’s okay despite no bdl game experience right? Just seems overly critical on one side of things