BDL 2022 Playoffs Week 1 - #6 Flint Tropics @ #3 Rome Eternals

RedGold

Who Wins?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Flint Tropics
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/15/2022 at 05:00 AM

2 hours ago, Jlash said:

60 replies in this jesus I don't wanna go through this.

Its a mix of people discussing Bcbs decision to mention how Flint sat one out last week in the gameplan and how it seems theres cherrypicking occuring now that its playoff tine. Honesyly, everything of relevance outside of mentioing flints week 12 matchup is in the gameplans.

• Like 1

Two similarly talented rosters. I think Flint has the advantage in the trenches, but that's something Justin Herbert has been very familiar with his entire career in the NFL. 

I think the biggest advantage in this game goes to the Rome receiving weapons vs the Flint secondary. I also feel like Flint's game plans are a little bit disjointed, like I'm not totally sure what they want to establish, maybe that's just me. 

I think Rome does a good job acknowledging and managing their weak spot on the OL, and can do enough to score on this defense through the air.

I've made it known how much I'm not a fan of base 4 WR sets in the past as it makes your team one dimensional and easy to adjust to. But I really don't understand Flint's gameplan really at all. They seem to just be listing off most of their players and saying we're going to use them all but there doesn't seem to be much strategy as to how they're going to attack Rome's weaknesses or play to their strengths. It just lists off a bunch (and I mean a bunch) of things they are going to do but there doesn't seem to be any cohesion in the plan at all. I'm really going to have to think hard on this one.

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I don't think I can get over the lack of gameplan for Flint, there's no sense of strategy in what they want to do and how they want to attack Rome. I think the more focused and prepared team will execute better and get the win.

I just wanted to play solid without doing anything exotic and creating a bigger weakness to exploit. I thought it was obvious. I don't need to attack anything in particular. If they show 4-wide I pretty much said I want my 3 CBs and my safeties to act accordingly to what I mentioned in the gameplan. I didn't think it was confusing. I did notice I forgot to put in the focused types of coverage. I had them but in my rush to get this done I must have forgotten. I will not mention what it was at this point but I think it still showed basically what I wanted to do. That is for D. For O I thought it was pretty clear how I wanted to attack them.

Edited by LAOJoe

3 hours ago, LAOJoe said:

I just wanted to play solid without doing anything exotic and creating a bigger weakness to exploit. I thought it was obvious. I don't need to attack anything in particular. If they show 4-wide I pretty much said I want my 3 CBs and my safeties to act accordingly to what I mentioned in the gameplan. I didn't think it was confusing. I did notice I forgot to put in the focused types of coverage. I had them but in my rush to get this done I must have forgotten. I will not mention what it was at this point but I think it still showed basically what I wanted to do. That is for D. For O I thought it was pretty clear how I wanted to attack them.

You don't have to do something exotic, just have an actual plan besides play solid. Everyone wants to play solid but you should also have ideas to exploit your opponents. It's the playoffs now so every team is going to be playing at their best and so it's going to come down to the details now.