2018 Jets' Thanksgiving Mock.

JetsandI

I really want to fire Todd Bowles in favor of either Harold Goodwin, Jim Bob Cooter or Frank Reich but I have no clue who would be ideal coordinators for the "appointed" Jets HC. Let it slide for now.

Bowles is facing the contract year as head coach so he decides to remove the training wheels from Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty. Good Luck, kids.

Notable Cuts-

DE Muhammad Wilkerson.
RB Matt Forte.

Notable RFA-

WR Quincy Enunwa - 2nd Round Tendered.  Lost to Browns. Got 2nd Round Pick
DE Xavier Cooper - Original Round Tendered. No Offer Sheet. Stays with Jets.

Notable FA-

Legends:  
BS= Base Salary. PB= Prorated Bonus. RB= Roster Bonus. GTD= Guaranteed.

TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins. 3y/24m.  5m Hit
-Y1: 2m BS, 3m PB; Y2: 6m BS, 3m PB; Y3: 7m BS, 3m PB.

ILB Demario Davis. 4y/30m. 6.5m Hit
-Y1: 6.5m BS, Full GTD; Y2: 7.5m BS, 25% GTD; Y3: 7.5m BS, 15% GTD: Y4: 8.5m BS optional.

CB Morris Claiorne. 3y/30m. 6m Hit
-Y1: 6m BS, Full GTD; Y2: 6m BS, 6m RB; Y3: 6m BS, 6m RB.

C Wesley Johnson. 2y/7m. 3m Hit
-Y1: 3m BS, Full GTD; Y2: 4m BS.

OT Christopher Hubbard. 1y/2m. 2m Hit
DE Kony Ealy. 1y/1.5m. 1.5m Hit
QB Josh McCown. 1y/10-15m. 10m Hit

C Ryan Jensen. 6y/69m. 11m Hit
-Y1: 8m BS, 1m PB, 2m RB, Full GTD; Y2: 10m, 1m PB, 2m RB; Full GTD; Y3: 10.5m BS, 1m PB, 55% GTD; Y4: 11m BS, 1m PB; Y5: 11m BS, 1m PB; Y6: 9.5m BS optional.

-I know it is crazy to pay him like top Center after he completes this year as 1st time starter AND 1st time at C. He has been a solid center for Ravens  but if he turned out a bust after 18 season then he could move to RG after Carpenter's contract expires. Find a natural Center. No problem.  Johnson is brought in as a viable backup center due to the familiarity of the team and plenty of starting experience. A mauler at center is always a must for Jets.

LG Andrew Norwell. 5y/63m. 8m Hit
-Y1:5m BS,3m PB, Full GTD; Y2:8m BS,3m PB, Full GTD; Y3:8.5m BS,3m PB,5m RB; Y4:8.5m BS,3m PB,5m RB; Y5:8m BS,3m PB.

-Signing him means he will be LG with Carpenter moving to RG.  Winters would suffer the same fate as Johnson on the depth chart.  He has been durable for 3 straight years. Knock on wood. Jets finally have nastiest babes after getting cute with Winters, Qvale, Johnson and Dozier.

QB Teddy Bridgewater. 2Y/25m. 10m Hit
-Y1: 10m BS; Y2: 15m BS.

-Bowles does not care for a rookie quarterback. It is good thing that Vikings will become a swiss cheese prior to FA. Jets go hard on getting him aboard. Granted, he is a high risk prospect but signing him prompts Jets to hire Norv Turner as their assistant head coach/offensive assistant coach.

NT Beau Allen. 3y/10m. 2.5m Hit
-Y1: 2.5m BS, Full GTD; Y2: 3m BS, 60% GTD; Y3: 4.5m BS.

-He is younger version of Steve McLendon who is aging and has played no more than 39% of Jets' snaps annually. Hopefully, Allen could tolerate 40-43% of seasonal snaps for Jets.

OT Christopher Hubbard. 1y/2m 2m Hit

-He has a shot to replace Shell at RT but Jets sign him to push Shell out of sophomore slump.

Draft-

//Trade\\

#1 Jets get Browns' 2nd round pick for WR Enunwa.
#2 Jets get Rams' 5th round pick and Bills' 6th round pick for 5th round pick.

1. WR D.J. Chark, LSU.
After Rosen, Thorson and Allen are gone by the pick, Jets settle with a potential number one WR in the mold of Al Green and Julio Jones.

2. (Browns) OLB Sam Hubbard, Ohio State.
He could be taken in 1st but OL becomes frenzy in that round. Hence, Hubbard being available. He has untapped talents as a stud pass rusher.

2. CB Jire Alexander, Louisville.
Strong coverage skill sets with speed. Borderline 1st prospect is always welcome in 2nd.

2. (Seahawks) DE B.J. Hill, Norht Carolina State.
It isn't clear that either Ealy or Cooper can be a mainstay at DE for Jets. Hill can be thrown in NT if DE is sound.

3. ILB Jason Cabinda, Penn State.
It would be a mistake to let him go to other team. He is very well around LB player. Solid leadership is shown.

4. TE Christopher Herndon IV, Miami, Fl.
He has evyerthing that is short of barely 1st round talent. Will be in an excellent position to replace ASJ anytime. Just in case.

5. (Rams) CB Nick Nelson, Wisconsin.
Know who is his defensive coordinator? Jim Leonhard. He is a very good football student. His performance almost matches his football education. Unlike Rashard Robinson, he is a plug and play player.

6. RB Detrez Newsome, Western Carolina.
Missed on Jordan Chunn. I go with new alternative. The player of last week got my attention. 14-16 highlight video looked impressive.

6. (Bills) OL Jeromy Irwin, Colorado.
LT of the future? I don't know but last year game against USC looked all right. Don't like diving and cutting he did, though

7. (Seahawks) C Coleman Shelton, Washington.
No, I don't mean to get cute with the Center situation. Jets would have to trade up and get Center and they didn't. Go grab a center from power 5 school and find out.

Notable UDFA-

QB Kyle Lauletta, Richmond. https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-features-news-blog-long-form/2017/10/28/16552726/2018-nfl-draft-prospect-potential-senior-qb-riser-kyle-lauletta-ben-roethlisberger-replacement-nfl

T/G Boone Myers, Iowa. http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2017/10/03/iowa-takeaways-offensive-line-boone-myers-brandon-snyder-manny-rugamba-kirk-ferentz/725262001/

K Joey Slye, Virginia Tech. https://247sports.com/college/virginia-tech/Bolt/VIDEO-Joey-Slye-nails-a-70-yard-field-goal-46317301

7 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

Terrible mock IMO. Not addressing the QB should be grounds for immediate dismissal. We'll have $90M in cap space by the looks of it you have us holding onto $55M, I'm all for rolling cap over but that is upsurd.

I also think the QB position has to be our top priority in the offseason. I don't think we can even have a idea how to that till the last game of the 2017, to see what our draft position is.  With the cap money we have there is no reason why we can't plug one or two holes in our roster. I am still on the fence about cutting ties with Mo, I know we are playing him a huge amount of money, he is not the terror he once was, so if the Jets let him go so be it.. Our current defense is a lot better than people think, we are ranked 12 out of 32 teams. The reason we are only ranked 12 is because our defense is on the field to much. We spent eight years building our defensive, now it is time to build our offensive. We all no Woody Johnson will have no input to the Jets offseason moves, so this whole thing will be on Mac's shoulders, he has to produce, there will be no more excuses.

My feelings on Mock drafts,  learning about players is great, but hypothetical player move is a waste of time. 

You’ve not had a great reaction to your mock but fair play on the effort put in. 

I also see several floors in the off-season you have mocked up. We really must improve the offense this year, obviously QB is the biggest need but I’d sacrifice saving drafting a QB high if we improve all the key positions around.

We could take a LT and Centre high in the draft, using two of our top four picks. We could spend good money on a upgrade at WR and RB and possibly another TE.

That way we would be in a good position next year to go for a QB.

If the opportunity is there to get a QB in the first round though I feel we have to take it this year. 

So let me get this straight. We have 70-80mill in cap space and sign no FAs besides keeping our own? And the best in house FA we have we resign than trade away for a 2nd Round draft pick all to draft a guy at the same position in Round 1 who is arguably not even 1st Round worthy. I find it funny you laugh at my mock and then post this.

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

You’ve not had a great reaction to your mock but fair play on the effort put in. 

I also see several floors in the off-season you have mocked up. We really must improve the offense this year, obviously QB is the biggest need but I’d sacrifice saving drafting a QB high if we improve all the key positions around.

We could take a LT and Centre high in the draft, using two of our top four picks. We could spend good money on a upgrade at WR and RB and possibly another TE.

If the opportunity is there to get a QB in the first round though I feel we have to take it this year. 

Your ideas make a look of sense to me.  I would go the except same way as you are saying.

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

I don't believe there is any situation where we don't get a QB this off season. There are far too many available in FA and the draft, if Mac doesn't make a move to get one I don't believe he gets another chance.

Nah don't like this tbh doesn't add any QB help for us or OL we need to move on from  Johnson at C especially. Like Hubbard but I think there will be better Edge rushers available where you have is taking him and WR I have an issue with, Why would we move on from a young home grown WR like Enunwa especially when we can keep him on an affordable deal. DJ Clark is not a Julio/AJ type of guy lol if you really wanted to go WR 1st I'd be cool with Calvin Ridley, Auden Tate, or Courtland Sutton.

3 hours ago, rdelaney89 said:

I don't believe there is any situation where we don't get a QB this off season. There are far too many available in FA and the draft, if Mac doesn't make a move to get one I don't believe he gets another chance.

Yeah like I said I would be more than happy going down the free agent route, IF we load up on the offense to give us the ability to properly groom our own franchise qb with a solid to elite o-line and lots of playmakers around him. 

I without doubt don’t want McCown starting next year. Would be a travesty!! 

49 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Sounds good in practice but putting it into reality seems to be the problem for the Jets FO for the past fifty years!! 

Ain't that the truth. And I have been thru it for all 53 years of the Jets history. The great times where when we had a great owner in Sonny (as in money ) Werbin & Weeb Ewbank coach, and of course Joe Willie Namath. 

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

Yeah like I said I would be more than happy going down the free agent route, IF we load up on the offense to give us the ability to properly groom our own franchise qb with a solid to elite o-line and lots of playmakers around him. 

I without doubt don’t want McCown starting next year. Would be a travesty!! 

I think McCown only gets resigned if we can't sign Cousins. He will then be the bench mark for the rookie we draft. IMO there is no reason to sign a high priced vet in FA when McCown will likely come cheap and is familiar with the staff. 

Archived