2018 Jets' Thanksgiving Mock.

JetsandI

49 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I think McCown only gets resigned if we can't sign Cousins. He will then be the bench mark for the rookie we draft. IMO there is no reason to sign a high priced vet in FA when McCown will likely come cheap and is familiar with the staff. 

No ones going to be running to McCowns agent trying to get him to sign with them. We can probably wait until the day before TC to sign him if we don’t like what we have on the roster before then.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

No ones going to be running to McCowns agent trying to get him to sign with them. We can probably wait until the day before TC to sign him if we don’t like what we have on the roster before then.

IMO I think we need to have a vet on the roster prior to the draft. Everyone knows we are going QB but at least with a vet there could be the thought that we go QB in round 2. I'm 100% for any option that helps prevent us getting leapfrogged.

I am against cutting Wilkerson. We traded away his replacement (Richardson) in my opinion, so we need to keep Wilkerson. The defense with him has been good this season. I am not against cutting Forte, but his leadership does hold some value. I'd rather trade Powell if we could.

I really hate the idea of trading Enunwa. He is a proven WR when healthy. We have to keep him.

I like the idea of re-signing ASJ, Claiborne and Davis (or signing a cheaper alternative to each).

I would move on from Wesley Johnson unless we cannot add a veteran C via free agency.

D.J. Chark will be catching balls from whom, exactly? You failed to address our No. 1 need with any of our first three picks. That simply should not happen. If it does, we are in BIG trouble.

5 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Why would we sign Norwell? We have Carp on a solid deal and Just gave Winters money wouldn't make sense to pay a OG that type of money unless you could move On from one from one of our 2 now

For salary cap wise, Carpenter and Winters have one year left on contract. Unless Carpenter gets contract extension, I opt for long term fix right way.

12 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

For salary cap wise, Carpenter and Winters have one year left on contract. Unless Carpenter gets contract extension, I opt for long term fix right way.

Winters signed a 4 year extension last year, still why have all 3? Cut or trade one to get more draft capital or cap space.

Just now, Dr.O said:

Winters signed a 4 year extension last year, still why have all 3? Cut or trade one to get more draft capital or cap space.

I said salary cap wise. That means Winters is cuttable after next year. That would free up cap space to extend Beechum's contract if Jets are satisfied with him at LT.

Johnson and Winters would become expensive depth players in my mock. You know OL always get hurt.

Archived