Week 15: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Haven't seen this properly sourced yet, so until then not yet official, but given it's a concussion issue, this is probably accurate. 

I think Shanahan said it today at his presser when giving updates, he had none for Purdy & Deebo, but Givens will miss time, Hyder might not, and Womack will miss SEA game.

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dang, that's a bummer. And Womack has a concussion. Jenkins will be called up but who else do we go with? 

My guess is, I haven't seen anything on Ambry Thomas, but Mooney, Lenoir, Ward, & Jenkins for sure, we also have Knight on the PS. If Ambry can play, I still see Jenkins activated.

4 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

My guess is, I haven't seen anything on Ambry Thomas, but Mooney, Lenoir, Ward, & Jenkins for sure, we also have Knight on the PS. If Ambry can play, I still see Jenkins activated.

If all else fails, maybe Sherman would be up to coming back just one game to beat Pete and the Seahawks in their own house.

Edited by jonnguy2015
  • Like 1

I have a bad feeling about this game, and don't like the chances for a win even with the great 49ers defense playing excellent. Seattle is already a hard enough place to play in. The Seattle run defense has been putrid, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're able to tighten things up on Thursday due to all of the criticism that they've taken in the media. Sometimes prideful professionals are able to play above their punching weight. Shanahan is the running-game master, and even without Deebo he'll have something cooking. Excited to see CMC and Mason go to work. Purdy is hurting a bit, and will have to deal with the noise element. If he can have a somewhat decent game in primetime on the road, and get the W then great. Hopefully, it doesn't come down to the rook to have to carry the offense though. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I have a bad feeling about this game, and don't like the chances for a win even with the great 49ers defense playing excellent. Seattle is already a hard enough place to play in. The Seattle run defense has been putrid, but I wouldn't be surprised if they're able to tighten things up on Thursday due to all of the criticism that they've taken in the media. Sometimes prideful professionals are able to play above their punching weight. Shanahan is the running-game master, and even without Deebo he'll have something cooking. Excited to see CMC and Mason go to work. Purdy is hurting a bit, and will have to deal with the noise element. If he can have a somewhat decent game in primetime on the road, and get the W then great. Hopefully, it doesn't come down to the rook to have to carry the offense though. 

I can definitely see us struggling in this game. During the Shanny era, we have ONE win over the Seahawks at their place and just two since 2011. That is not a coincidence either. 

I just think our talent level is too good and we are playing too well. 

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I don't have a great feeling about this game either, but here is why I don't listen to Colin Cow Herd.

Play the first 31 seconds of this video from when we heard about the Jimmy G injury

Then skip to 2:48 on this video. 

He doesn't even mention how wrong or under informed he was the prior week. 

I am just a fan, but I think about things I am wrong about all the time, and try to learn from it.  That guy just says things.

22 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I am just a fan, but I think about things I am wrong about all the time, and try to learn from it.  That guy just says things.

In fairness, that's what they pay him for. To talk, get interactions, etc. He needs to have a cursory knowledge of what's going on, but they really don't pay him to have in depth analysis

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I don't have a great feeling about this game either, but here is why I don't listen to Colin Cow Herd.

Play the first 31 seconds of this video from when we heard about the Jimmy G injury

He doesn't even mention how wrong or under informed he was the prior week. 

I think that's everybody with a platform these days really. Rarely do people go back and say they were wrong about whatever. Especially in America, and especially in that business. Like Colin Cowherd himself once said "people don't pay us to be right, they pay us to be interesting". Colin did have a segment where he said he was "right or wrong" in the past though on one of his shows. Don't know if he still does it. 

BTW you don't have to listen to Colin Cowherd. Admittedly for me he's one of my guilty treasures, and I know his formula of irrelevant analogies. But sometimes he makes good points from a layman's perspective. There are guys continuously cited on this 49ers forum alone by certain posters a lot that I don't care for either. But Colin isn't some outlier in a sea of talking heads with a mic that are always honest and super informed with their commentary. Half those guys on television probably know they sound like a crackpot half the time, but I wouldn't mind doing that too if I got paid the amount of money they get. Because really, who cares? At the end of the day people will largely forget what you said a week ago, and come back for more, and you get to go home, and count your stack of bread.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

20 minutes ago, Forge said:

In fairness, that's what they pay him for. To talk, get interactions, etc. He needs to have a cursory knowledge of what's going on, but they really don't pay him to have in depth analysis

Yeah, I just always find his takes annoying because they are things he says that he thinks will make people feel things.  

18 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I think that's everybody with a platform these days really. Rarely do people go back and say they were wrong about whatever. Especially in America, and especially in that business. Like Colin Cowherd himself once said "people don't pay us to be right, they pay us to be interesting". Colin did have a segment where he said he was "right or wrong" in the past though on one of his shows. Don't know if he still does it. 

BTW you don't have to listen to Colin Cowherd. Admittedly for me he's one of my guilty treasures, and I know his formula of irrelevant analogies. But sometimes he makes good points from a layman's perspective. There are guys continuously cited on this 49ers forum alone by certain posters a lot that I don't care for either. But Colin isn't some outlier in a sea of talking heads with a mic that are always honest and super informed with their commentary. Half those guys on television probably know they sound like a crackpot half the time, but I wouldn't mind doing that too if I got paid the amount of money they get. Because really, who cares? At the end of the day people will largely forget what you said a week ago, and come back for more, and you get to go home, and count your stack of bread.

Just wanted to complete the thought I had like 12 days ago about the video.  You are right about people not always informed.  Bruschi said "burdy, or Purdy or whoever, I've never heard of him."  on the pre-game I was watching.  I guess if people watch it, then they will continue to put out the content.  I just don't personally don't pay attention to the hot take guys.  I don't blame them for being click batey all the time, it's just not my preference.  What is the point of saying things if the person saying them doesn't actually mean it.  

16 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

What is the point of saying things if the person saying them doesn't actually mean it.  

Well, I don't think the dollars rolling in care about integrity, because the audiences don't. These media corporations know that. :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

49ers need to throw everything they have left in the tank into this game... go all out balls to the wall

the seahawks are an inferior opponent we should destroy. 

Take care of business. Make a statement. Put a bow on this thing. Wrap up the division now. Lock up the 3 seed and then they can rest up as much as they want until the playoffs.  

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1