Week 15: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

This wasn't the team's classic late round hit and Ward got a nice deal, but the team still deserves props for this signing as many were not in favor of it and were uneasy about missing out on the top corners of free agency. Gilmore is still Gilmore, but Ward has been jus as good, if not better and he's much younger. Big time signing that has helped transform this defense from very good to super elite. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, adamq said:

How much could Jennings make? Is the Bourne 3 years/15m too much to swallow?

Yes and no.  I would not pay him that under current cap. I wouldn't give that to Bourne to keep him here and frankly, Bourne was the better player. However, cap is increasing. 

• Like 2

Totally forgot we are playing next Saturday and not on Sunday. Still a long week but not the usual 10 days until the next game. 

I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread but Kinlaw is expected to be back on the field this week. Good chance if he feels good, he will be activated and he is badly needed. Our interior DL depth is no longer there and while guys like McGill are stepping up, we need Kinlaw against these run heavy teams. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This wasn't the team's classic late round hit and Ward got a nice deal, but the team still deserves props for this signing as many were not in favor of it and were uneasy about missing out on the top corners of free agency. Gilmore is still Gilmore, but Ward has been jus as good, if not better and he's much younger. Big time signing that has helped transform this defense from very good to super elite. 

Mooney was one of my top targets at CB this past offseason, loved the signing, I kinda feel like JC Jackson is a bit overhyped, and Gilmore is good, real good, but Ward is the better fit here, glad it's working out well. Just wish we had Moseley, but D-Mo looks good, Ward is good at the Slot(Jimmie), so I think we're good for the playoffs.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Totally forgot we are playing next Saturday and not on Sunday. Still a long week but not the usual 10 days until the next game. 

I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread but Kinlaw is expected to be back on the field this week. Good chance if he feels good, he will be activated and he is badly needed. Our interior DL depth is no longer there and while guys like McGill are stepping up, we need Kinlaw against these run heavy teams. 

Yeah, Christmas Eve game, well, usual 4PM EST/1PM PST, but yeah 10 days till next game, Commanders, we need to blow them out.

But god, I love this team, so damn good, the brotherhood is there, love Kyle, DeMeco, and just the entire staff and front office.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yes and no.  I would not pay him that under current cap. I wouldn't give that to Bourne to keep him here and frankly, Bourne was the better player. However, cap is increasing. 

I think JJ at $5M a yr is doable, even with Bosa at $30M+, and Aiyuk at $24M or so a yr, I think the Moseley injury really helps out the 49ers salary cap, cause if he isn't hurt, and they re-sign him, he's getting close to what Mooney got IMO, if the 49ers re-sign him. I think Jimmie is gone, I think it may come down to Ebukam or Omenihu, if so, I take Omenihu, but I would love both at cheaper deals, like $6M for Ebukam, $5M for Omenihu, per year.

• Like 2

On 12/15/2022 at 1:19 PM, Forge said:

He started the seasons very slow, but started playing better as the season wore on. 

Even still, PFF grades can largely be ignored as anything of real value outside of "oh, that's interesting" . Same group that says Andy Dalton is a top 5 QB in the league (well, he's now #6 by .2, but point stands) . Their grading system is subjective and rudimentary. 

Thanks Forge, I'm just so unsure how they(PFF) rates thinks off of. Just weird IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 49erscap said:

Yeah, Christmas Eve game, well, usual 4PM EST/1PM PST, but yeah 10 days till next game, Commanders, we need to blow them out.

But god, I love this team, so damn good, the brotherhood is there, love Kyle, DeMeco, and just the entire staff and front office.

I have to drive 3 hours to my parents house that night, they better let me watch the game for all that grief.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Only makes Arik look bad. It was a softball question about his teammate and how Arik felt  about Hyder's play. Arik chose to not answer, his prerogative ultimately, but he looks dumb for the lack of response. Grant unfortunately wasn't wrong when he said the Niners chose to keep the wrong guy.

True this is really going to negatively effect Arik's career. Tragic. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

lol........

This is the kind of thing that reiterates why Warner is an All-Pro, but since he doesn't have the guady box score stats, he will most likely be overlooked this year.

It's kind of like Trevon Diggs from last season. He was average to below-average in coverage, but had insane ball skills so he gets to be an All-Pro. 

Teams are literally afraid to throw Warner's way and it's beautiful. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I can't imagine this team without him, honestly. His toughness, his attitude, his sure handedness on 3rd downs, he's just a perfect compliment to the rest of the skill guys. 

I thought you said handsomeness on 3rd downs. I feel like that also works though.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3