Week 15: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

And there's no doubt Buck is the better player, but Armstead was much cheaper in 2020 & 2021, where Buck cost way too much, plus Buck likely didn't want a team friendly deal, while the 49ers are the best cap wise when it comes to contracts, agents hate negotiating with them, see Kittle, Warner, & Deebo's extensions, Kittle has come out and said we low ball players.

4 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

And there's no doubt Buck is the better player, but Armstead was much cheaper in 2020 & 2021, where Buck cost way too much, plus Buck likely didn't want a team friendly deal, while the 49ers are the best cap wise when it comes to contracts, agents hate negotiating with them, see Kittle, Warner, & Deebo's extensions, Kittle has come out and said we low ball players.

I think we kind of came to the conclusion too early that Buckner was out of our price range and that AA was a good consolation; which is a fair conclusion I think, but Buckner said that he was willing to meet in the middle after he was traded to Indy. According to him, that wasn’t really a discussion. 

I love Buck and was pretty disappointed when we traded him, but AA is an effective player when healthy, and wasn’t a bad fallback option.

No, the 49ers didn’t really know Purdy could do all of this, at least not this soon. A few officials were walking around almost in a daze afterward, just shaking their heads and smiling at reporters. Have they found the perfect QB for Shanahan almost by accident?

“The second touchdown throw from Brock was incredible,” Juszczyk said. “He just does such a good job of manipulating defenders with his eyes. And he did that perfectly. Looked all the way to the sideline at Christian and that pulled the corner up and that opened up the corner route for George for the touchdown.”

What happened: Purdy play-faked a handoff to McCaffrey, who then sprinted to the right flat. But the defensive back stayed with McCaffrey, opening up running room for the QB.

Was that a called QB run, Kyle?

“No, it was a pass to Christian in the flat,” Shanahan said. “But they took him and then (Purdy) just kept going.”

“I know he struggled to move a little bit at times (due to the injury), but there at the end, that third-and-1, to be able to move the chains the way he did,” Shanahan said. “Had a lot of respect for him before the game, but a lot more now.”

-Tim Kawakami of The Athletic

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I think we kind of came to the conclusion too early that Buckner was out of our price range and that AA was a good consolation; which is a fair conclusion I think, but Buckner said that he was willing to meet in the middle after he was traded to Indy. According to him, that wasn’t really a discussion. 

I love Buck and was pretty disappointed when we traded him, but AA is an effective player when healthy, and wasn’t a bad fallback option.

I wonder what Buckner's edition of "meeting in the middle" was...because word on the street was that he was looking for money approaching Aaron Donald's price range. And that wasn't gonna happen. 

Doesn't matter. Can't keep everyone. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

This wasn't the team's classic late round hit and Ward got a nice deal, but the team still deserves props for this signing as many were not in favor of it and were uneasy about missing out on the top corners of free agency. Gilmore is still Gilmore, but Ward has been jus as good, if not better and he's much younger. Big time signing that has helped transform this defense from very good to super elite. 

I remember distinctly ALOT of ppl wanting to go all in on Gilmore and pay a king's ransom. 

Ward & Levi Wallace were my two top targets. Both were relatively young and had alot of untapped potential in a scheme like ours. Yes, I'm tooting my own horn lol.

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I remember distinctly ALOT of ppl wanting to go all in on Gilmore and pay a king's ransom. 

Ward & Levi Wallace were my two top targets. Both were relatively young and had alot of untapped potential in a scheme like ours. Yes, I'm tooting my own horn lol.

I also liked Levi Wallace. I liked him as a late round sleeper the year he was drafted out of Bama too. 

Admittedly I didn’t know much about Mooney, but felt better about it after we signed him and I did some research.

These guys get 10 days off.  I know rust is a thing, but man, rest is cool.  

I wonder if next week is the best week for a rest week on the rest coast?  The idea of 17 days to heal inflammation, sprains, deep bruises, and minor sprains would probably help some of the guys on the roster.  But we have such great momentum, and if we rest our best dudes, the team might not keep the ball rolling as hard.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

2 of the Commanders, Giants, Seahawks & Lions will grab the 6 & 7 seed

Who would you rather play of these 4?

Detroit, Seattle, Washington, New York for me in that order.

First 2 have terrible D's, but Seattle a 3rd time isn't ideal. Washington plays a similar physical style and I just have not believed in the Giants all season.

17 hours ago, Forge said:

Wonder where Grant gets it from

I don't view it as a shot, but George is tone deaf in all of this. George has a tired act for me. I like loud players who are different, but he always seems like he is trying so damn hard to be a certain character. He might genuinely be that guy, but it's a lot. I thought the shirt was a dumb idea considering what is going on with Purdy. We all get that George loves him some Jimmy and this team likes to rally around their injured guys, but it's like everything else about George at this point, very extra.

5 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I don't view it as a shot, but George is tone deaf in all of this. George has a tired act for me. I like loud players who are different, but he always seems like he is trying so damn hard to be a certain character. He might genuinely be that guy, but it's a lot. I thought the shirt was a dumb idea considering what is going on with Purdy. We all get that George loves him some Jimmy and this team likes to rally around their injured guys, but it's like everything else about George at this point, very extra.

Tone deaf to what? Lol it's not like he's casting shade on Purdy or ignoring him. 

• Like 3

The stat before TNF was that Purdy had more outside & downfield TD passes of 20+ air yards than Jimmy G did (2 to 1)

I think Purdy just missed a 3rd one on Kittle's 2nd TD. LOS was the 46, Kittle caught it at the  opposing 35. So 19 air yards outside & downfield for a TD

Edited by 49ersfan