Week 15: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

19 hours ago, 49erscap said:

no way we would have kept Buck & all the players I mentioned, they did the right thing, oh and we wouldn't have Aiyuk if we never traded Buck, I'll take AA, Aiyuk, Kinlaw, & Ward over just Buckner, and please don't say they could have made it work, in 2020 they couldn't have, not even in 2021, they needed to redo deals each of the last 2 yrs to get under the cap, and sign anyone.

Buckner's deal is actually cheaper than Armstead. and Buckner was willing to give the 49ers a discount. they didn't even bother to negotiate. Kinlaw hasn't done anything but get injured. He's a bust. His knee will never stay healthy. Aiyuk is fine, but come on... he flat out refuses to take the next step as a wr. his dropped pass vs the Seahawks nearly turned the game around. 

dont delude yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Buckner's deal is actually cheaper than Armstead. and Buckner was willing to give the 49ers a discount. they didn't even bother to negotiate. Kinlaw hasn't done anything but get injured. He's a bust. His knee will never stay healthy. Aiyuk is fine, but come on... he flat out refuses to take the next step as a wr. his dropped pass vs the Seahawks nearly turned the game around. 

dont delude yourself. 

From the looks of it, BA it's is going to have 1k yards and close to 10 TDs by the end of the regular season. Considering all the weapons this team has, I consider that pretty successful.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

i like Aiyuk, but Buckner was the leader of the defense. Staley called him after he retired and said "This is your TEAM now." Buckner told him he was getting traded and Staley was absolutely beside himself.

The problem isn't trading Buckner. The problem is that they whiffed on the pick. If the pick had been the pick, this isn't a question. I'd take wirfs + AA over Buckner every single day

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

dont delude yourself. 

Buckner's deal was 4yr deal worth $20M a yr, AA got 5yr $17M a yr, not sure how Buck's deal is cheaper.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

i like Aiyuk, but Buckner was the leader of the defense. Staley called him after he retired and said "This is your TEAM now." Buckner told him he was getting traded and Staley was absolutely beside himself.

Not sure how accurate this is, Staley retired after Buckner got traded.

And as I said we wouldn't have been able to afford all the deals we've been able to get done(Juice, Deebo, Trent, Warner, Kittle, Mooney), plus soon Bosa & Aiyuk, or CMC's deal, no way we could afford a $20M a yr DT at the time, or now with all of these big deals we have on the books

4 minutes ago, 49erscap said:

You don't look at it that way though, it's all about APY, Buck's is $21M, AA is $17M.

Right, they got an extra year for the same total money basically. AA was cheaper than Buckner. And they got a first for buck, which they weren't going to get for AA. 

It was a good move, they just missed the pick 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

Right, they got an extra year for the same total money basically. AA was cheaper than Buckner. And they got a first for buck, which they weren't going to get for AA. 

It was a good move, they just missed the pick 

Agreed, good move, bad pick, but we got Aiyuk thanks to the trade down from 13 to 14.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, clarkfn2284 said:

I don't view it as a shot, but George is tone deaf in all of this. George has a tired act for me. I like loud players who are different, but he always seems like he is trying so damn hard to be a certain character. He might genuinely be that guy, but it's a lot. I thought the shirt was a dumb idea considering what is going on with Purdy. We all get that George loves him some Jimmy and this team likes to rally around their injured guys, but it's like everything else about George at this point, very extra.

I can kind of see what you mean, but he's obsessed with pro wrestling and will probably become one post football. He wants to be a big, bold personality and I don't mind.

I highly doubt Brock gives a bleep about the t-shirt thing anyway

• Like 1