Week 15: San Francisco 49ers at Seattle Seahawks

J-ALL-DAY

Staley told the Buckner story himself...  i'll try and find the link.

Buckner was willing to negotiate with the 49ers said he'd meet them in the middle, but they shipped him and didn't ask. i imagine he cashed in with INDY

but thats enough about that.  

Edited by Herodreamer79

Doesn't really matter if DeFo and his agent would have met us in the middle. They were never going to pay BOTH him & AA. So it was always going to be one or the other.

So they chose to cash-in on the player that held the most value outside of the building. I wanted them to let AA walk and just draft another DT with a premium pick. But in highsight, they played it about as good as you could.

They got premium picks for Buckner, use those picks to replace him and strengthen the WR core also. Kinlaw hasn't lived up to his draft status so that hasn't played out like they had hoped but netting Ayuik has definitely aided the offense. And with the way we've found quality depth in the later rounds of the draft and as UDFAs, it was a gamble that hasn't really hurt our FO in terms of maintaining a level of production from the DT position.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Staley told the Buckner story himself...  i'll try and find the link.

Buckner was willing to negotiate with the 49ers said he'd meet them in the middle, but they shipped him and didn't ask. i imagine he cashed in with INDY

but thats enough about that.  

That's simply Buckner's side of the story, told second-hand. 

Buckner was seen partying with his 49er chums in Vegas after their season ended against the Rams less than a year ago. Water under the bridge, and from my perspective no one should take any heat for how it transpired. It's a business, and you can't keep everybody. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Too bad the playoffs don't start now for SF. Looking mighty sharp. 

r3bgsmlemw6a1.jpg

That is a beautiful spot on the graph. Easily top in EPA/play on defense. Matching the Chiefs, Eagles, and Fins for top on offense. Beautiful. 

My son is five and doesn't quite understand the correct terminology outside of pass/run/catch/tackle yet.

So during the bengals/bucs game, I left the room briefly. When I came back, the bengals had the ball. I said (Outloud) how did the bengals get the ball back?

My son answers, they dropped the ball so the Bengals got it. I just said hmm ok, maybe the bucs went for it on fourth down or something.

Fast forward to today and I watched the game's highlight. He was right, they did dropped it(it was actually the play where Fournette dropped a handoff from Brady leading to a fumble). 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

My son is five and doesn't quite understand the correct terminology outside of pass/run/catch/tackle yet.

So during the bengals/bucs game, I left the room briefly. When I came back, the bengals had the ball. I said (Outloud) how did the bengals get the ball back?

My son answers, they dropped the ball so the Bengals got it. I just said hmm ok, maybe the bucs went for it on fourth down or something.

Fast forward to today and I watched the game's highlight. He was right, they did dropped it(it was actually the play where Fournette dropped a handoff from Brady leading to a fumble). 

You are raising a fine young man! Pretty sure he will be mentioning EPA and DVOA LOL.

• Like 2