Week 15 GDT: The Philadelphia Eagles (12-1) vs the Chicago Bear Traps (3-10)

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Meh...

Kearn's punt averages over the last few years:

2019 - 47.1

2020 - 45.8

2021 - 44.8

Siposs is 26th out of 34 qualifying punters for average this year at 45.6.

Kern is probably at best just a lateral move. I was hoping to get someone younger with more power / hang time.

Ryan Stonehouse really went undrafted and we focused more on signing high priced UDFA QBs like EJ Perry and Carson Strong.

Currently Stonehouse is 1st in punting in the NFL with a 53.4 average.

Former Eagle Cameron Johnston is 8th in punt average (49.0), 4th in total punts inside the 20 and 9th for percentage of his punts that go inside the 20. He's remained a pretty solid to somewhat above average punter since he left us.

I know complaining about punter is lower on the totem pole, but we all knew Siposs wasn't good last year like why did we expect him to be much better than last year? I think he probably has been by a bit, but that wasn't some tall order. It was an area we could've tried to address even just for competition. We brought in the competition for Hurts with 2 of the top UDFA QBs available, but we couldn't make any effort to sign a punter in our fairly large UDFA class? It just never made sense.

34 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Meh...

Kearn's punt averages over the last few years:

2019 - 47.1

2020 - 45.8

2021 - 44.8

Siposs is 26th out of 34 qualifying punters for average this year at 45.6.

Kern is probably at best just a lateral move. I was hoping to get someone younger with more power / hang time.

I guess I'll trust this guy since he actually watches punters for fun. Forgot I was following him until Bo mentioned him.

Kern had a 49.6 average on 5 punts in preseason with 4 of the 5 going inside the 20.

Gave a little review on Siposs this year. 

Would be nice if Kern could make a move from where Siposs is here to the area where the other NFCE punters are like Anger (DAL) and Way (WAS). 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I guess I'll trust this guy since he actually watches punters for fun. Forgot I was following him until Bo mentioned him.

Kern had a 49.6 average on 5 punts in preseason with 4 of the 5 going inside the 20.

Gave a little review on Siposs this year. 

Would be nice if Kern could make a move from where Siposs is here to the area where the other NFCE punters are like Anger (DAL) and Way (WAS). 

It’s Kurns stupid!!!

• Like 2

Speaking of things we messed up this offseason...

It makes sense, but man it annoys me we kept him over McLeod.

Right now Rodney is PFF's 13th highest graded safety that has played at least 50% of the snaps. 

He was one of the Super Bowl carry overs that was a great leader and did a lot in the community. 

Edit: McLeod was also coming off an ACL last season in his 30s at a position you gotta cover a lot of ground. You could see as it got later in the season he started getting his legs under him and making more plays in coverage.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Speaking of things we messed up this offseason...

It makes sense, but man it annoys me we kept him over McLeod.

Right now Rodney is PFF's 13th highest graded safety that has played at least 50% of the snaps. 

He was one of the Super Bowl carry overs that was a great leader and did a lot in the community. 

@IrishHooligan00

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ryan Stonehouse really went undrafted and we focused more on signing high priced UDFA QBs like EJ Perry and Carson Strong.

Currently Stonehouse is 1st in punting in the NFL with a 53.4 average.

Former Eagle Cameron Johnston is 8th in punt average (49.0), 4th in total punts inside the 20 and 9th for percentage of his punts that go inside the 20. He's remained a pretty solid to somewhat above average punter since he left us.

I know complaining about punter is lower on the totem pole, but we all knew Siposs wasn't good last year like why did we expect him to be much better than last year? I think he probably has been by a bit, but that wasn't some tall order. It was an area we could've tried to address even just for competition. We brought in the competition for Hurts with 2 of the top UDFA QBs available, but we couldn't make any effort to sign a punter in our fairly large UDFA class? It just never made sense.

stonehouse outkicks his coverage every damn time we'd be up in arms if we were giving up 20 yards returns every damn time.

We have a Punter thread now, on to the Bears. 

Shame Robert Quinn isn't healthy for his turn at a revenge game. 

Treat Fields and that Rushing attack like Tenn/NYG make them beat you thru the air and we should be fine. Just get out of this GD game without losing another or multiple starters again,  Thanks!