Week 15: DET Lions vs NY Jets

Bobby816

Well boys.... we're now officially at the stage where games are ACTUAL most wins. Not like when we say it Week 8. If we want to make the playoffs we for sure have to win 3 out of these last 4. Right now we are out of the playoffs with NE and LA ahead of us. Obviously a lot can change over the next 4 weeks. But we have to win games for that to even be a talk. NE is always going to hold the tiebreaker over us after they swept us. So we have to have a game advantage on them to even think about playoffs. So we need to win period. All 4 of these games coming up are winnable. So no excuses.

Now to the actual game this week.

On defense, there's no secret we are arguably the best defense in the NFL. We're loosing bc our offense isn't holding up their end. We once again match up great against DET. They win by throwing the ball and we're a top pass defensive team. So generally speaking the defensive side wins this battle. And with them not having a star QB and WR... I think we can force mistakes bc Goff might start getting frustrated and force balls. Sauce, Reed and others should feast off of this. DET isn't bad at running the ball either. They're not great, they're about average. Swift can be a threat but he's soft. So hit him. Williams is a tough load to bring down, so expect him on short yardage and such. The running style we're facing is much like GB several weeks ago with Jones and Dillon. And we stopped them. Hopefully Q can play bc he's our best player. He apparently is 50/50 to go. Hopefully he can tough it out.

On offense it looks like White will be a go. The OL has to be better. We have to give White time to throw and get a push running the ball. DET is one of the worst defenses in the NFL. Bottom 5 against the pass and bottom 10 against the run. So we should be able to score in this one. I want a hevay dose of GW and Moore in this one. And when they back off in the front 7, make Knight make them pay running the ball. The only good thing they have on defense really in their pass rush. So get rid of the ball and let the skill players go to work.

I think after coming off 2 losses and losing 3 out of the last 4 we win this one knowing what's at stake. and at home.

DET: 17

NYJ: 27

• Like 1

Vegas has the Lions as road favorites. Won 5 of 6 and at their seasons peak while the Jets are in their season low just barely hanging on losing 3 of 4. Goff has only thrown 2 TD passes in all his away games this season.

This usually has beatdown written all over it, but for some reason I’m not that confident. 

I think the jets come out firing and pissed off. They got beat in the last 2 weeks that should have been W's. The OL is going to play a lot better and I love having a indoor team coming to the Jets late in the season. Most of the teams struggle and I see the Jets cruzing in on this one.

Jets 31

Lions 10. 

40 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Apparently the Lions only score like 15 points on the road compared to 30+ at home?  I don't think their DL is good enough to throw our offense out of rhythm.  Davis in is huge but I still don't think they have anyone to match up with Garrett.

Reed and/or Sauce are due for picks.

I think we can handle them defensively. But we have to start scoring TDs. HAVE TO!!!

38 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I'll be at the game. Any tips for parking or getting to and from the game? Will be staying somewhere in the jersey shore area.

I now if you park at Redd's they shuttle you to and from the game for like 5 bucks. I liked it so I did not have to fight traffic. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we can handle them defensively. But we have to start scoring TDs. HAVE TO!!!

You are correct. We have to score TDs. The play calling in the red zone has to be much better, the OL has to give us even something in the run game, receivers can't be dropping TD passes and first downs and White has to find the open guys. We have been moving the ball but we need to get in the endzone and often this week. Moore and Wilson need the reps. Hopefully Davis can go as well. No more Berrios. Yes he made a nice catch on the sideline, it was also a perfect ball. His drops in the redzone in back to back weeks coupled with just horrific judgments on the punts last week should earn him significantly less snaps. Conklin needs to start stepping up too. Way too many drops and lack of effort on catchable balls. Make a play. I think we should win this one but it wont be easy.

DET  16

NYJ  20

I think we match up well against the Lions so I have us winning. 

Winning the next two games is huge for us. Two home games against the Lions and Jaguars. Both up and coming teams but if we have aspirations of being a playoff team then we have to take both of them. 

14 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

I think we match up well against the Lions so I have us winning. 

Winning the next two games is huge for us. Two home games against the Lions and Jaguars. Both up and coming teams but if we have aspirations of being a playoff team then we have to take both of them. 

I think the reason they’re winning is the offenses clicking for them. And that’s great for them. But a great defense stops that almost all the time. And their defense isn't good enough to keep us from scoring.

I just think the way the way we win and the way DET and JAX wins. Our way at this stage trumps their way. So that’s why I have us winning.

11 hours ago, xrade said:

I envision a Chicago like game.

I dont think it will be that comfortable. I think we can win by more than a TD though.

I just have confidence in this young team that they know what's at stake now after 2 close losses. This team doesn't like losing and that's a great quality to have.