Week 15: DET Lions vs NY Jets

Bobby816

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I find it hilarious that some of you think the loss today was on Wilson and if White was playing we would’ve won.

Here is the problem.  The problem is Zach Wilson is not a New York guy.  He has been painted (by himself mind you) as a player that does not take accountability for his own actions.  He is not liked by his teammates and less liked by fans.  New York fans hungry for a winner.  I dont care what other sports team you root for the story is the same for the city.  The Yankees haven't won a WS in more than a decade.  The Mets are going on 40 years.  Rangers, Islanders, Knicks, Nets not one NY team is winning a title.  So yeah if you're a Jet fan we are going on 60 years coupled with at least a 10 year drought from another sports title.  Mike White isnt great.  He is loved by his teammates.  He is an underdog and he has grit and fire and all the qualities we love to root for.  I do not believe we lost today because of Zach Wilson.  I will also say that if we won today I do not think it would have been in spite of Zach Wilson.  I do think that our oline needs to get healthy I hope they persue Mike McGlintchy in the off season to try and shore up the right side.  I think Fant is gone.  Mosley probably will be as well as its 2 weeks in a row with mental errors.  

Our best chance at team construction and sustainable success lies with Zach Wilson.  He is on his rookie deal for 3 more years.  The rest of our young guys are ahead of schedule he needs to catch up a bit and that starts with getting the oline right because I believe Sanchez had better protection with Wyane Freaking Hunter than what I say today.  Also, i meant to touch on this earlier but is Lafleur allergic to moving the pocket?  The kid was drafted because his has a big arm, legs and can make things happen out of the pocket.  Why confine him to the one area our oline can not contain anyone?

Sorry for the long read.  First post in years.  

4 hours ago, xrade said:

IMO, the OL was the biggest culprit today. They did not open any running lanes and allowed too much pressure.  As for MLF and his play calling, he is handcuffed by Zach’s many limitations such as his poor accuracy on short timing routes. With an OL that can’t sustain a block, waiting for intermediate to deep routes open es no bueno. Zach also needs a strong running game which can’t happen with this OL.

MFW would have given us a better chance because of his ability to play the short game.

It is not just yesterday the O line has been horrible for weeks it cost us three games.  We have no running game at all. This is the worst O line in our history. I 

am sick and tired of this White, Wilson BS fix the O line.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

This game was lost in the trenches period. OL was awful. We averaged 2.1yds a carry. And we had no sacks as a defense. Gave Goff time all day. That’s why we lost. Not bc of Wilson and we didn’t have White. We lost at the LOS on both sides of the ball.

No matter who was a QB White or Wilson we would have lost the game all the blame is on the O line

15 hours ago, TheChad said:

Well that pretty much sinks our playoff chances as far as I'm concerned. Hard not to be disappointed even with how badly this team sucked last season.

Now I'm just looking for us not to quit.

• One more win and we double our win total from last year (after doubling our 2020 win total last year)
  • Two more wins and we finish with a winning record for the first time since the FitzMagic year

It'll be hard to replicate this year's defensive success next year, but damn I really hope we can field a better OL next year and push our way into the playoffs with a healthy Breece Hall leading the charge.

We just about control our own destiny with the Pats loss and the head to head tiebreaker vs Miami. They have to beat one of Buffalo, Cincy, or Miami to box us out of that opportunity, and if they beat Miami then it's Miami whose playoff chances are on life support. Our Week 18 rematch is going to loom large and might be flexed to prime time tbh.

Only based on highlights for this one but our defence blew it at the end. A 40y TD on 4th and inches to a backup TE... Terrible clock management after.

As good as we could have expected from Zach, one stupid pass, some holding onto the ball too long, but also some good escapes and nice deep balls. 

Okay, lets look at the entire year not just one game and let's figure out why we have 7 losses.  We were outplayed the first 3 games of the season and should have been 0-3, except instead of the R.B. taking a knee and winning the game he runs it in for the TD. Gives the ball back to the Jets we score on a broken play and an improbable OSK we get the ball back and win the game.

Lets not get so excited about what we truly are, so we are 1-2 at this juncture. Our next 2 games are against the Steelers and Fin's we win both and our D starts to find its identity after Q almost kills the DC.

We go on to be a woeful GB team and and barely beat the Broncos. Next Zac stinks up the place with 3 ints and the Jets lose to N.E.

We play lights out and beat Buffalo, but lose to N.E. on a punt return of 98 yards. Enter MW and we beat a woeful Chicago team and all the Jets fans jump on the MW bandwagon "we found our QB".

We go on to lose with MW at QB to Minny and the Bills we score no TD's and we lose a few heartbreakers. 

Finally we score some TD's and lose again to the Lions which if your honest you don't throw Zac under the bus. We lose this game for 2 crucial reasons, we give up another PR TD and Mosley for the second time cost the Jets the game.

You see, Mosley jumped offsides one game I believe it was against Minny and it cost us 7 points and against the Lions he was out of position on the other side of the field when his assignment was running unscathed into the end zone.

Now let's talk about points. MLF for some reason cannot put points on the board in the first quarter, for the entire season.  14 games into the season and the Jets have 3 points if I'm not mistaken the entire season in the first quarter.

Play calling has to be put into perspective here as well as points, if the Jets score 3 points at an average do we win the games we lost? I'm not even taking into consideration what the Jets score in the 2nd quarter. 

Why are we 25th in the league in scoring with all the offensive weapons you have? If Breese Hall is not drafted by the Jets what the heck would our record be now?

MLF was riding his coat tails and as you can tell I'm not a MLF fan no matter who the QB is. MW is or was averaging what 60 passes a game!

So when we look at the loses we can attribute 4 of them to a combination of poor ST play and Mosley committing 2 very costly mistakes. Which in turn cost the Jets 2 games and ST which gave up to PR TD's. 

There have only been 3 given up all year and the Jets have 2 of them.

We are 7-7 we could have been 9-5 but we should look at our team and understand we have issues. Another issue is we are one of the most penalized teams in the NFL.

So when your pointing fingers there is enough blame to go around as to why. 

Now, we have a good core, we have a good foundation, we still give up way too many points on the ground. We have an elite secondary, as Q goes the D goes. The Jets need to get Q some help, we need another stud on the line.

Obviously with the loss of AVT who is all world, it has been devastating for the Jets. Breese just as big a loss on the Offense. We are still a few pieces away from being a dangerous team to play even with our D.

But the las few losses have been self inflicted and do we have the OC and DC in house to bring the Jets to the next level?

Clearly I have issues with the OC, but too many times the D has been out of position and has cost the Jets a few games.

Not everything lay at the feet of the QB's

17 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not going to sit here and say Wikson was good today. But if White played like Wilson did today no one would say a thing. In fact you’d praise him like you have.  Whites last 2 games were 0 TDs and 2 INTs with 1 of those game against the worst secondary in the NFL. He was also 0-2 in those games.

Wilson threw for over 300 today with 2 TDs and an INT. The loss was on poor D. Poor OL. Poor coaching and not crucial plays by the O. Wilson wasn’t awful. He wasn’t good either. But this loss isn’t on him.

I don’t care about White

I’ll be the first to admit he didn’t lose us the game yesterday , but it was mostly hero ball

He was still very inaccurate playing within the offense. He completed 50% of his passes. That’s dreadful, I’m pretty sure most of every other starting QB in the league is a 60% passer

Edited by GangGreen420

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Time to start mock drafts.

That loss was on A LOT more than Wilson. Defense was awful. OL was garbage. Run game wasn’t even there.

Jets have played 14 games and in 5 of the have not scored a TD. How can any team win with that glaring stat looking them right in the face.

48 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t care about White

I’ll be the first to admit he didn’t lose us the game yesterday , but it was mostly hero ball

He was still very inaccurate playing within the offense. He completed 50% of his passes. That’s dreadful, I’m pretty sure most of every other starting QB in the league is a 60% passer

OL is playing like one of the worst OLines in the league lately. Especially the last 2 weeks. Which is makes it hard to judge any QB when that's the case.

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We lost at the LOS on both sides of the ball.

The D played well. The DL held Det to 107 rush yards and no TD. Det averages 123 ypg and more than a TD per game. As for the pass D, Det averages 242 ypg and more than 2 TD per game. We held them to 220 yards and 1 TD on a blown play. Det has the 8th best O and has only given up 19 sacks.

Someone needs to tell me how the D lost this game or played anything but very good again sans one very bad play and a very bad time. 

• Like 1