Week 15: DET Lions vs NY Jets

Bobby816

45 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I would assume this means if White is healthy he plays

Saleh said White has a lot of hurdels to clear before he can play. I think the jets are playing with the Jags here. I think White will start but they want the Jags to think Wilson will so they have to spend a day or 2 gaming to a running QB instead of White. This is not a bad move after all. 

25 minutes ago, xrade said:

The D played well. The DL held Det to 107 rush yards and no TD. Det averages 123 ypg and more than a TD per game. As for the pass D, Det averages 242 ypg and more than 2 TD per game. We held them to 220 yards and 1 TD on a blown play. Det has the 8th best O and has only given up 19 sacks.

Someone needs to tell me how the D lost this game or played anything but very good again sans one very bad play and a very bad time. 

The defense didn’t lose us the game. They gave up an untimely score, and some people don’t recognize the difference.

Scoring only 17 points is why we lost

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xrade said:

The D played well. The DL held Det to 107 rush yards and no TD. Det averages 123 ypg and more than a TD per game. As for the pass D, Det averages 242 ypg and more than 2 TD per game. We held them to 220 yards and 1 TD on a blown play. Det has the 8th best O and has only given up 19 sacks.

Someone needs to tell me how the D lost this game or played anything but very good again sans one very bad play and a very bad time. 

It is weird that he used statistic to show why we shouldn't get comfortable with White being at the helm from now on but he didn't use it to make a case to support DL. lol.

What do Jets lack of defensively is a turnover.   no turnover last 3 games?

Edited by JetsandI

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The defense didn’t lose us the game. They gave up an untimely score, and some people don’t recognize the difference.

Scoring only 17 points is why we lost

Letting a 40 yard score on 4th and 1 with less than 2 minutes to go is more than "untimely" but nonetheless, if Wilson was better, we win.

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Beyond frustrating 

I can't think of a worse QB on third down than Zach Wilson. Like these passes aren't even close. That was one of the more noticeable differences between him and White. Zach played hard Sunday and left it all out there I will admit it, but he is still so far away from being a legitimate starter in this league. His vision is still horrendous. Again, I like that he played hard and this loss really shouldn't fall on him, but the offense was simply 4 splash plays otherwise we did not move the football and that isnt sustainable, it was actually even somewhat lucky. Gotta be able to sustain drives in this league, not just chuck it long and hope the receiver can make the play.                                    

12 hours ago, doumeyer said:

No matter who was a QB White or Wilson we would have lost the game all the blame is on the O line

I’m not so sure about that. White throws a lot of quick timing passes. Zach does / can not. MLF has to try and cover Zach’s weakness which seems to be the underneath stuff. Zach’s comfort zone are routeswhich takes longer to develop. Yes, the OL is not good but quicker release passes helps to cover that. 

Edited by xrade
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, xrade said:

I’m not so sure about that. White throws a lot of quick timing passes. Zach does / can not. MLF has to try and cover Zach’s weakness which seems to be the underneath stuff. Zach’s comfort zone are routeswhich takes longer to develop. Yes, the OL is not good but quicker release passes helps to cover that. 

It not the passing game i am worried about is the horrible running game, this group of O lineman just can't run block & and it is hurting the passing game.

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I can't think of a worse QB on third down than Zach Wilson. Like these passes aren't even close. That was one of the more noticeable differences between him and White. Zach played hard Sunday and left it all out there I will admit it, but he is still so far away from being a legitimate starter in this league. His vision is still horrendous. Again, I like that he played hard and this loss really shouldn't fall on him, but the offense was simply 4 splash plays otherwise we did not move the football and that isnt sustainable, it was actually even somewhat lucky. Gotta be able to sustain drives in this league, not just chuck it long and hope the receiver can make the play.                                    

They say his issues are fixable but I just don’t see it. His completion % is 54. The next lowest? Freaking Baker Mayfield at 58, everyone else is 60+ (even Justin Fields completing 62%) 

We definitely lost this game in the trenches. I wouldn't put it on Wilson or anyone else. The OL was below average for the 2nd week in a row. The Lions OL is elite, perhaps best in the league. Our 4 man rush wasnt getting there. 

That being said, Zach with good footwork is basically a rookie QB. He's got so much more upside than White. Mike White is a check down king and rarely pushes the ball downfield. I'd still rather have White start, but I think Zach needs another year to sit and learn before he can be productive.