Week 15: DET Lions vs NY Jets

Bobby816

With next week's Jags game as a Thursday night game, Zach's likely playing that one too.

Two good matchups for the offense. The timing's great for him to show the best he has. If it's bad, I think he's done here. But I'm expecting an improvement about in the range of his JAX and TB games at the end of last year. Not huge numbers, but more controlled play.

The right decision to start him over Flacco. I'm expecting similar performances to earlier in the season where it's bad but not bad enough because we hide him and hope that Zonovan Knight can do his best Breece Hall impression to ride to a win. Poor Garrett and Elijah.

17 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think we all know that, but I'm gonna hope anyways because the rest of our team deserves it.

I don't think 3 years will make much of a difference. I was hoping Mike White could be the guy, but him missing at least this game won't make the QB decision easy next season.

I have to say I'm surprised though. I figured the Jets would stick with Wilson no matter what and they proved me wrong.

While I have no faith in your QB, I really hope your team finds a way to win this week.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, xrade said:

We can only hope. However, the issue with Zach was not going for the quick hitters, it was his inability to accurately throw to them. I still think it all comes down to panic when the ball is snapped. He becomes a one read QB for fear of looking elsewhere. If his primary read is not wide open, he holds the ball waiting for it to develop.

For me the issues with Zach was him not getting rid of the ball fast and not just taking what the defense was giving him. Bigger issue seemed him getting rattled fast in the pocket and moving and improvising. Which rarely worked out for something good to happen.

If he can stay composed in the pocket and take what the defense gives him. He should be good. From a talent perspective… he has more arm talent and escapability talent than that of White. If comes down to decision making for him. Tomorrow we’ll see if he actually leaves anything these last 3 weeks. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I don't think 3 years will make much of a difference. I was hoping Mike White could be the guy, but him missing at least this game won't make the QB decision easy next season.

I have to say I'm surprised though. I figured the Jets would stick with Wilson no matter what and they proved me wrong.

While I have no faith in your QB, I really hope your team finds a way to win this week.

If we were 3-7 after that NE loss Wilson wouldn’t have got benched. It would have been let him continue to learn on the fly. But bc we were in a playoff race. That changed things. And we went to White bc he gave us the best chance to win. And that’s what we needed to do at 6-4 at that point. Now making the playoffs seems very hard. So I actually expect us to stay with Wilson the rest of the year unless he looks like he did in the 2 NE games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So I actually expect us to stay with Wilson the rest of the year unless he looks like he did in the 2 NE games.

I dunno. There are 52 other players plus the fans wanting to win regardless of playoff standing.  Saleh needs to play the QB who gives the team the best chance. The Jets are no longer in evaluation mode. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, xrade said:

I dunno. There are 52 other players plus the fans wanting to win regardless of playoff standing.  Saleh needs to play the QB who gives the team the best chance. The Jets are no longer in evaluation mode. 

I agree. But if we lose and LA and NE win. Our chances are so slim to make the playoffs.

I agree we 100% should be playing whoever gives us the best chance to win. And I do think a healthy White is that for us. But while he seems like a tough guy for starting in the game last week and trying to do everything he could to play this week. To think he wouldn’t be guarding those ribs in game just isn’t happening. It would affect his play 100%. So I’m not sure a White guarding his ribs is better than a healthy Wilson. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

So I’m not sure a White guarding his ribs is better than a healthy Wilson

Agreed. But assuming White is cleared and does not display hesitation in practice, Saleh has to play him. At least until that first hit and wince. 

49 minutes ago, xrade said:

Agreed. But assuming White is cleared and does not display hesitation in practice, Saleh has to play him. At least until that first hit and wince. 

I think it depends on how Wilson looks tomorrow in all honesty. Wilson looks like he did before his benching… then White will start. But if he looks improved… they might use White’s ribs as a reason to give Wilson another start Thursday. And then if he wins that game. I can’t see us Benching Wilson if he went 2-0.

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

For me the issues with Zach was him not getting rid of the ball fast and not just taking what the defense was giving him. Bigger issue seemed him getting rattled fast in the pocket and moving and improvising. Which rarely worked out for something good to happen.

If he can stay composed in the pocket and take what the defense gives him. He should be good. From a talent perspective… he has more arm talent and escapability talent than that of White. If comes down to decision making for him. Tomorrow we’ll see if he actually leaves anything these last 3 weeks. 

Bingo that is exactly what his problem is.

The qb situation in my eyes is simple; 

If Zach comes out today and balls out. I’m not talking the 110 passing yards and controlling the clock enough for us to speak out a W. I’m talking actually looking like an NFL calibre qb, then he will keep the job. That’s the best case scenario for the organisation. 

However if Zach stinks the place up and costs us a win or just plays terribly then you can be sure the ‘club doctors’ will announce Mike White is able bodied to play Thursday. All this stuff about on a short week we can’t go to White is nonsense. 

Who plays Thursday will be determined with Zach’s performance today imo. But with the Ravens and Dolphins losing yesterday it opens it up for us to get back in that playoff bracket. Whoever gives us the best chance to win has to play. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

The qb situation in my eyes is simple; 

If Zach comes out today and balls out. I’m not talking the 110 passing yards and controlling the clock enough for us to speak out a W. I’m talking actually looking like an NFL calibre qb, then he will keep the job. That’s the best case scenario for the organisation. 

However if Zach stinks the place up and costs us a win or just plays terribly then you can be sure the ‘club doctors’ will announce Mike White is able bodied to play Thursday. All this stuff about on a short week we can’t go to White is nonsense. 

Who plays Thursday will be determined with Zach’s performance today imo. But with the Ravens and Dolphins losing yesterday it opens it up for us to get back in that playoff bracket. Whoever gives us the best chance to win has to play. 

Agreeed. Wilson plays good he stays in even if white is a go Thursday. Wilson plays bad. I’m sure they’ll do anything possible to find a doctor to clear White for Thursday.

The hard situation is what if Wilson plays just ok and we win? What do we do then. We won so that’s what matters. Yet he wasn’t convincing. Are we hurrying back an injured White for a guy who just won us a big game on a short week? I have no clue. That’s the unknown.

As a fan base we should all be cheering for us not only to win today. But that Wilson plays good. That’s the best situation for this franchise. Is that he was whites decision making and learned as well as working on his poor footwork.