Top 10 CBs?

Elusive_Tiger

20 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Only 10 games into his career and Lattimore is already ahead of guys like Rhodes/Sherman/Harris.

Interesting.

To be fair, it's not very common for a rookie to play almost flawlessly. They're high praises for sure, but how long do you deny a guy that's playing at such a high level? Some people are ready to put him up there based on the fact that his level of play has clearly been there, other people want to see longevity... I see both sides.

4 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

To be fair, it's not very common for a rookie to play almost flawlessly. They're high praises for sure, but how long do you deny a guy that's playing at such a high level? Some people are ready to put him up there based on the fact that his level of play has clearly been there, other people want to see longevity... I see both sides.

I mean, I would at least like to see a full season of football before putting guys at top of rankings. I know hes good, Im a Ohio State fan, but in rankings I value longevity. Its more difficult to sustain success for multiple seasons then it is to play great for 1/2 a season.

If it is this time next season and he is still playing at this level, then yes I could start putting him up there.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I mean, I would at least like to see a full season of football before putting guys at top of rankings. I know hes good, Im a Ohio State fan, but in rankings I value longevity. Its more difficult to sustain success for multiple seasons then it is to play great for 1/2 a season.

If it is this time next season and he is still playing at this level, then yes I could start putting him up there.

That's definitely a fair stance, and certainly the one I'd take if he played for a division rival. :D

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

That's definitely a fair stance, and certainly the one I'd take if he played for a division rival. :D

lol right, but like early Patrick Peterson showed us---in a young players first 3 years there are a loooot of ups and downs. Thats why I need to see it for back-to-back seasons to make sure nothing fluky is going on once teams have tape.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

lol right, but like early Patrick Peterson showed us---in a young players first 3 years there are a loooot of ups and downs. Thats why I need to see it for back-to-back seasons to make sure nothing fluky is going on once teams have tape.

I'm quite aware slumps are inevitable, but I'm going to pretend we found the first guy that's immune. So shhhhhhhhhhhh. Not yet. 

Even if he turns into a top 10 guy, we're still lucky he fell to us. 

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It really depends on the list.  If it's top 10 CBs so far this season, Lattimore is most definitely that high, if it's top 10 CBs overall, he needs the longevity to factor in.

2 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Thanks Captain Buzzkill...

No problem.  I'm just curious as to why a rookie CB is higher than someone like an established great CB such as Xavier Rhodes this season.  Is this ranking based off personal preference, stats from somewhere, what?

52 minutes ago, showtime said:

Is this ranking based off personal preference, stats from somewhere, what?

Like almost every list like this, probably a little of each.

There is no perfect way to rank them and everyone’s list will be different based on how much they’ve watched, how much they’ve read, how much they put value into certain attributes or longevity, what stats they care about or are leaning on, etc.

Archived