Top 10 CBs?

Elusive_Tiger

8 hours ago, showtime said:

No problem.  I'm just curious as to why a rookie CB is higher than someone like an established great CB such as Xavier Rhodes this season.  Is this ranking based off personal preference, stats from somewhere, what?

Because we're ranking this season (I thought) and Lattimore has by far the most impressive features - he's given up absolutely nothing. If I'm picking a team to play this weekend to save my life, he's in there.

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Because we're ranking this season (I thought) and Lattimore has by far the most impressive features - he's given up absolutely nothing. If I'm picking a team to play this weekend to save my life, he's in there.

He’s hurt this week...I’d probably wait until next week for life saving purposes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2017 at 8:43 AM, vikesfan89 said:

Does Lattimore follow the #1 wr around? 

Like most CBs today, he stays on the right side predominantly.  I don't htink he would have a problem following players around, just the rest of teh DBs can't handle the inconsistencies.

28 minutes ago, Raves said:

Like most CBs today, he stays on the right side predominantly.  I don't htink he would have a problem following players around, just the rest of teh DBs can't handle the inconsistencies.

I don't see how he can be higher than Rhodes who consistently shuts down the top wrs. Julio Jones had 2 catches and he shut down Antonio brown a while back. 

58 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't see how he can be higher than Rhodes who consistently shuts down the top wrs. Julio Jones had 2 catches and he shut down Antonio brown a while back. 

Rhodes did not shut down AB. Brown had him beat for a TD and Rhodes committed DPI for some 30/40 yards. Would've been a 60+ yard TD and drastically changed both's numbers for the game.

That said, I'd say he's been one of the five best CB in the NFL this year alongside Lattimore, Smith, and Ramsey.

On 12/3/2017 at 1:28 PM, vikesfan89 said:

That’s definitely fair.

But it does show how well Crawley has been playing this year as well... Saints trust him to take on #1 WRs if they line up over there. 

On 12/3/2017 at 5:29 PM, BlaqOptic said:

Rhodes did not shut down AB. Brown had him beat for a TD and Rhodes committed DPI for some 30/40 yards. Would've been a 60+ yard TD and drastically changed both's numbers for the game.

That said, I'd say he's been one of the five best CB in the NFL this year alongside Lattimore, Smith, and Ramsey.

no guarentee he catches that even if it plays out exaclty like you say. 5 for 62 for a guy averaging 8 and 100+ seems like shutting down to me.

27 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

no guarentee he catches that even if it plays out exaclty like you say. 5 for 62 for a guy averaging 8 and 100+ seems like shutting down to me.

That's not how it works though... You cannot sit there and say you shut a guy down with 50+ yards of penalty yardage.

Archived