WEEK 15 Gameday Thread - ARI (4-9) @ DEN (3-10) 2:05 MT

Broncofan

7 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I felt we did get an insight into how this Offense could have looked if Wilson had been remotely competent with completing those short 5 to 8 yard passes, thus keeping us out of 3rd and long and not putting unnecessary pressure on a depleted (and incompetent) Offensive Line.

This is what i was referring to. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

There needs to be a bit of realism brought to some of the comments here -

- Brett Rypien won a game against an injury revaged team using a third string QB, with a pretty porus defence (coached by one Vance Joseph).

- The Broncos scored 4 TDs against the Chiefs - and 3 against this poor Cards team

- Brett Rypien might be smarter than Wilson (he probably is and likely will end up a better coach than a player - reminds me of a poor man's Gary Kubiak) - but Rypien has nothing like the talent of skillset of Russell Wilson

- Yes the Broncos made half-time adjustments against the Cards - they also made half-time adjustments against the Chiefs (remember being down 27-0?)

- The offence improved under Wilson over the previous two games and seemed to continue that improvement under Rypien - maybe - just maybe - that is down to Kubiak calling the plays

- Someone suggested that Outten contributed to this improvement - there is zero evidence for this.

- Hackett is still a bad HC and it would be a major mistake not to sack him at the end of this season (and have a major clearout of other positions as well). 

- Remember - the Cards are a bad team - just like the previous win against the Jags - another bad team who were very poor in London.

18 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

There needs to be a bit of realism brought to some of the comments here -

- Brett Rypien won a game against an injury revaged team using a third string QB, with a pretty porus defence (coached by one Vance Joseph).

- The Broncos scored 4 TDs against the Chiefs - and 3 against this poor Cards team

- Brett Rypien might be smarter than Wilson (he probably is and likely will end up a better coach than a player - reminds me of a poor man's Gary Kubiak) - but Rypien has nothing like the talent of skillset of Russell Wilson

- Yes the Broncos made half-time adjustments against the Cards - they also made half-time adjustments against the Chiefs (remember being down 27-0?)

- The offence improved under Wilson over the previous two games and seemed to continue that improvement under Rypien - maybe - just maybe - that is down to Kubiak calling the plays

- Someone suggested that Outten contributed to this improvement - there is zero evidence for this.

- Hackett is still a bad HC and it would be a major mistake not to sack him at the end of this season (and have a major clearout of other positions as well). 

- Remember - the Cards are a bad team - just like the previous win against the Jags - another bad team who were very poor in London.

Personally I just wanted to see what the offense should look like. So, a noodle armed backup in his 3rd NFL start gave us TOP, lots of firsts, scored some and is now 2-1 as a starter. All the kid has going for him really is short field accuracy and he's very smart. The designed offense works just fine. Put Rypiens brain in Russ's head and you might have something.