Strongest arms of all time?

biggie.

Jeff George

Elway

I seem to remember Warren Moon having quite an arm, but I might be just remembering how pretty his deep throws looked

I don't remember Favre having such a huge arm, certainly adequate but not like George or J Russell

Didn't Roethlisberger (in his prime, not what we saw the last several years) have a pretty big arm?

On 12/14/2022 at 4:24 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I feel like we have this thread every 3 months. And I wouldn't change a thing :)

Favorite Yeet Cannons:

Jeff George

Brett Favre

John Elway

Joe Flacco

Jay Cutler 

Doug Williams 

Depends on what one is looking at, if it is odd arm angles and still able to get crazy velocity on the ball Jeff George and Jay Cutler are way up there on that one.  Josh Allen I would argue has a better more powerful arm than Favre, Flacco, Doug Williams and Elway.  Josh Allen's ability to throw rockets on the move is as good as any of them.  It does depend on what one is looking at, ball velocity, difficult arm angles, throwing on the move or straight distance from the pocket...

He did not complete many of these passes (mostly because the WRs suck) but it is insane watching the ball come off his hand, it just rockets off and to me he easily has one of the strongest arms in NFL history.  This was at his pro day obviously but one could see his arm talent even then and it really stood out especially at the combine when compared to the rest there.  

On 12/14/2022 at 5:10 PM, lavar703 said:

I don’t understand how someone could make a list about strongest arms and not include Michael Vick? Could just flick the ball effortlessly 60 yards down the field. 

Agree Vick had great velocity on this passes, his overall deep ball accuracy and deep ball in general was not all that great though.  Got better at that when he was older and more controlled as a passer though.  Is not as fast or quick of an athlete but Anthony Richardson has similar effortless arm strength where at times it does not even look like he is putting effort into his passes and he tosses it 50 yards.  

16 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I was always impressed with Michael Bishop tossing a ball 85ish yards.

That would be really interesting how Michael Bishop would be in football today where college and the pro game are way more QB run friendly and Bishop was a great runner and yeah he had a rocket arm.  He was so exciting to watch play, kid could be amazing in the game today especially at the college level.  

24 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Regarding Bishop

He was a lot of fun in the CFL. Could never quite put it all together and apparently he wasn’t overly bright but in 2007 he put together a pretty exciting season and got the Argos first place. But they went with the veteran HOF Damon Allen for the playoff game and lost. 

40 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Depends on what one is looking at, if it is odd arm angles and still able to get crazy velocity on the ball Jeff George and Jay Cutler are way up there on that one.  Josh Allen I would argue has a better more powerful arm than Favre, Flacco, Doug Williams and Elway.  Josh Allen's ability to throw rockets on the move is as good as any of them.  It does depend on what one is looking at, ball velocity, difficult arm angles, throwing on the move or straight distance from the pocket...

He did not complete many of these passes (mostly because the WRs suck) but it is insane watching the ball come off his hand, it just rockets off and to me he easily has one of the strongest arms in NFL history.  This was at his pro day obviously but one could see his arm talent even then and it really stood out especially at the combine when compared to the rest there.  

Yes I don't know why I didn't put Allen in the initial group I wrote down. 

55 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Regarding Bishop

He was a lot of fun in the CFL. Could never quite put it all together and apparently he wasn’t overly bright but in 2007 he put together a pretty exciting season and got the Argos first place. But they went with the veteran HOF Damon Allen for the playoff game and lost. 

What I remember most from Bishop is his days at Kansas State.  That K-State 1998 team was arguably one of the better ones in college football history but they did blow it at the end and lost to Texas in the Big -12 title game then lost the bowl game barely against Drew Brees and Purdue.  That team had a solid offensive with McDonald and Lockett at WR and Allen who was a great return man combined with Bishop and a powerful OL.  That D was something though with a super star safety in Cooper, and great LB play with Simoneau and Kelly then Howard on the DL and McIntosh on the inside who I think moved to OL later, solid corners also in Butler, Carter and Chapman and obviously a great kicker in Gramatica.  Was a very talented team no doubt about it.

QB Michael Bishop

RB Erick Hickson / David Allen / Frank Murphy

WR Darnell McDonald / Aaron Lockett

TE Justin Swift

OL Ryan Young / Randall Cummins / Jeremy Martin

DE Darren Howard / Damion McIntosh / Monty Beisel / Joe Bob Clements

LB Mark Simoneau / Jeff Kelly / Travis Ochs /  Ben Leber

CB Jerametrius Butler, Dyshod Carter

S Jarrod Cooper / Jon McGraw Lamar Chapman

K Martin Gramatica

9 hours ago, Superduperman said:

Jeff George

Elway

I seem to remember Warren Moon having quite an arm, but I might be just remembering how pretty his deep throws looked

I don't remember Favre having such a huge arm, certainly adequate but not like George or J Russell

Didn't Roethlisberger (in his prime, not what we saw the last several years) have a pretty big arm?

Ben had a very good arm, but not in the pantheon of guys like George, Vick, Boller, Allen, etc.

• Like 1

crazy a guy like Donovan McNabb  get's no mention in strongest/biggest arm's of all-time discussion's

76 😲in the air yard pass to win longest throw contest in the QB challenge

giphy.gif?cid=790b76119c3bae80ec7594af5c

for reference Brett favre who most  would say has one of the most elite strongest biggest arm's of al time topout at 74 air yards winning the  longest throw contest

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112847fd19917fbf8ff2

in game 60 mph pass velocity 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114af4820289647f8374

in game equivalent 97 mph fastball in baseball pass

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611da69eec31e36908482

giphy.gif?cid=790b76110093d34ff44aa5ed99 giphy.gif?cid=790b7611dfc9ec833ca86f47b1

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611dcad03750e8e63bc0egiphy.gif?cid=790b7611ab12c944a24d548d8c

giphy.gif?cid=790b761122ac2b80ef0c42e520giphy.gif?cid=790b7611a80f44c0a41961d24f

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611636b2ba96a6e9b9e96giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b36000036813c0f2e7

giphy.gif?cid=790b761158cd1c04c795a90557giphy.gif?cid=790b76113479874cde58f60a30

tenor.gif?itemid=27262695   

tenor.gif?itemid=27265692

tenor.gif?itemid=27265148

Edited by hbky2j