Chiefs sign Darrell Revis

.Buzz

You know for the flake KC will receive, Revis was still the Jets top CB last year. In addition, he quite frequently matched the opposing teams top WR. With a slightly lesser responsibility, it seems reasonable he can perform like a spot starter.

3 hours ago, MD4L said:

You know for the flake KC will receive, Revis was still the Jets top CB last year. In addition, he quite frequently matched the opposing teams top WR. With a slightly lesser responsibility, it seems reasonable he can perform like a spot starter.

I think you mean flack. One writer watched all his tape, every snap. This is his summary:

Of course, it’s impossible to say where this goes. It could be much ado about nothing. But here’s what I know: in the games I reviewed in 2016, Revis definitely didn’t stink and could be very fairly described as a “decent” corner. And decent, compared to what we’ve seen as of late, would be a welcome relief.

I understand that Jets fans think differently, because they expected a shutdown CB. What they got was a step short of good. Decent-to-Good has it's place. How many teams would contemplate violent crime for a decent-to-good QB? The Chiefs have a cover guy. A competent guy opposite would be a very nice thing at this point.

J

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Definitely been a much better signing than I think any of us really hoped for. His play, Nelson being healthy, and Peters pulling his head out of his ***, have turned CB from maybe our biggest problem position early in the season into a major strength.

Archived