1. 1. Who wins?

• Brownies
    • Tyler Huntley
    • Horny
    • Killer Mike

We are averaging 6.5 points per game 

This is the best defense we will face.

Leshaun 0 wins2 losses against Baltimore

Offensive line no depth playing the most physical defense.

Running game defense Ha ha 

Stefanski against harbaugh you do not see harbaugh trading 6 high draft picks from a 10 win team.

Huntley verses leshaun I believe at this writing we have the lowest rated starting QB

Ravens roll 

17to 3

Offensive Holding/Defensive Pass Interference

Through 14 weeks of the NFL season, the Browns are the most penalized team in the NFL for offensive holding. By contrast, the Ravens are one of the least penalized teams in this key category.

Brad Allen is among the NFL leaders in calling offensive holding penalties in 2022. He currently averages the fifth-highest per game.

Defensive pass interference penalties are an area the Ravens have struggled with in 2022, currently ranked as the second-highest penalized team in this category.

The positive for the Ravens is Brad Allen is calling the third-fewest defensive pass interference penalties in 2022.

Refs have too much power

• Like 2

We need to win this game.  Any time you play a divisional opponent and they’re starting their backup you need to win that game.  I realize it’s been an unusual season on our end, but there can’t be never ending excuses.  

Along those same lines of no excuses, the offense needs to show some signs of live this week.  2 weeks to knock some rust off is reasonable, and I’m not expecting some enormous game, but it’s time to see SOMETHING.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

We need to win this game.  Any time you play a divisional opponent and they’re starting their backup you need to win that game.  I realize it’s been an unusual season on our end, but there can’t be never ending excuses.  

Along those same lines of no excuses, the offense needs to show some signs of live this week.  2 weeks to knock some rust off is reasonable, and I’m not expecting some enormous game, but it’s time to see SOMETHING.

It is ALWAYS a good day to kick the snot out of the Ratbirds - playoffs or no.

I have been a Browns and NFL fan since 1965, and this is the one organization I have ZERO respect for and despise passionately. May they all rot down below.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, Geno Smith went 3+ years without a start and came in last year and played very well. Over 4 games and 3 starts he had a 103 rating. That was after attempting less than 10 passes in the previous 3 years. If he can do it, I don't know why Watson can't. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, Geno Smith went 3+ years without a start and came in last year and played very well. Over 4 games and 3 starts he had a 103 rating. That was after attempting less than 10 passes in the previous 3 years. If he can do it, I don't know why Watson can't. 

I think rust is a reasonable expectation, and maybe it takes more than a week or two to knock off but I don’t think more than that’s excusable.  

Stefasnki needs to get his **** together too.  Changing the entire offense week whateverthe**** to accommodate Watson was absurd.

• Like 2

I haven’t watched the last 2 weeks due to be being busy.  Glad to see the Texans game was a win.  

The offense is putrid right now.  My guess is we lose ugly. 16-9 

I just watched our DB coach talking to the press.  That was cringey.  They prepared for bengals top 3 wr but when #2 and #3 go out they didn’t prepare for the others is what I heard him say.  Defensive staff needs to go.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think rust is a reasonable expectation, and maybe it takes more than a week or two to knock off but I don’t think more than that’s excusable.  

Stefasnki needs to get his **** together too.  Changing the entire offense week whateverthe**** to accommodate Watson was absurd.

I guess it's worth questioning if the roles of other players have changed to the point that they aren't prepared. If they are changing blocking schemes, routes etc... late in the season without ample time to practice then I think there are issues. Not sure that is being done but it would be a red flag. 

I think the rust should be knocked off. He may not have great timing with some receivers quite yet at game speed but that is fine tuning stuff, for the most part you can just go with WR speed or TE speed unless you have some freak on your team and we don't. 

But hey, I'm still waiting for Russell Wilson to get comfortable. Trading for a proven QB may be a bit more of a gamble than a guaranteed sure thing. 

2 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I guess it's worth questioning if the roles of other players have changed to the point that they aren't prepared. If they are changing blocking schemes, routes etc... late in the season without ample time to practice then I think there are issues. Not sure that is being done but it would be a red flag. 

I have no idea how much blocking schemes and routes and such have been changed, but we’re running what looks like an entirely different offense from a formation perspective.

I think the rust should be knocked off. He may not have great timing with some receivers quite yet at game speed but that is fine tuning stuff, for the most part you can just go with WR speed or TE speed unless you have some freak on your team and we don't. 

Agreed.

But hey, I'm still waiting for Russell Wilson to get comfortable. Trading for a proven QB may be a bit more of a gamble than a guaranteed sure thing. 

There has been a lot of smoke with Wilson for a while though that he’d fallen off a bit and some Seattle fans were saying a lot of the things we’ve seen this season. Watson never had anyone really question much about his game other than he holds the ball too long.

I guess I'm the only one who thought Watson looked much better last game. Perfect? Definitely not, but he looked quite a bit better. Still missed some open receivers (especially early in the game) and his ball placement could have been better at times, but part of that is rust and part of that is just not being comfortable in the offense yet. I definitely want to see him under center more, because running Chubb out of shotgun just isn't what Chubb does best.

I know some basically want him to fail, but comparing him to how Wilson has been this year? GTFO.

Ultimately, people will want to blame Watson for losing vs. Cincinnati but I think he definitely played well enough to win. Penalties, not being able to contain Chase, and the offensive line getting owned in run blocking were the main reasons we lost, not Watson.

7 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

It is ALWAYS a good day to kick the snot out of the Ratbirds - playoffs or no.

I have been a Browns and NFL fan since 1965, and this is the one organization I have ZERO respect for and despise passionately. May they all rot down below.

Preach GIF

I've even mentioned it on my podcast that I hate the Ravens so much, that if my first wife owned a team, and they were playing the Ravens, I'd sit in the owners box to cheer against the Ratbirds.  

things loathe GIF

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

I guess I'm the only one who thought Watson looked much better last game. Perfect? Definitely not, but he looked quite a bit better. Still missed some open receivers (especially early in the game) and his ball placement could have been better at times, but part of that is rust and part of that is just not being comfortable in the offense yet. I definitely want to see him under center more, because running Chubb out of shotgun just isn't what Chubb does best.

I know some basically want him to fail, but comparing him to how Wilson has been this year? GTFO.

Ultimately, people will want to blame Watson for losing vs. Cincinnati but I think he definitely played well enough to win. Penalties, not being able to contain Chase, and the offensive line getting owned in run blocking were the main reasons we lost, not Watson.

I didn't watch the games so I can't get into specifics of why the offense has stunk the last two weeks I just know we scored 3 and 10 points on offense the last 2 weeks when we had been averaging 24 points per game with a QB who started 5 more games than Watson over the last 2 years and signed a 1 year 4.65 million dollar deal. I was under the impression Watson was going to make Chubb even better, the receivers better and could mask offensive line issues. I didn't know we were going for the "he wasn't why we lost" when we traded for him I thought we were looking for the "he was why we won".

It's still early though, maybe this week, or next week or next season. Even 4 years from now because he will still be starting even if everyone else is gone. We are committed.

No QB is ever perfect. They all miss open receivers and they all have bad throws from time to time. The great ones will still make enough plays that you don't care, that's what Watson needs to do.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I didn't watch the games so I can't get into specifics of why the offense has stunk the last two weeks I just know we scored 3 and 10 points on offense the last 2 weeks when we had been averaging 24 points per game with a QB who started 5 more games than Watson over the last 2 years and signed a 1 year 4.65 million dollar deal. I was under the impression Watson was going to make Chubb even better, the receivers better and could mask offensive line issues. I didn't know we were going for the "he wasn't why we lost" when we traded for him I thought we were looking for the "he was why we won".

It's still early though, maybe this week, or next week or next season. Even 4 years from now because he will still be starting even if everyone else is gone. We are committed.

No QB is ever perfect. They all miss open receivers and they all have bad throws from time to time. The great ones will still make enough plays that you don't care, that's what Watson needs to do.

I think the last sentence is the part that he is missing. You can't be shocked the Browns lost last week, the Bengals are probably playing some of the best football in the NFL right now. But for the offense to lay an egg like that??? Kind of drives the point home that Brissett is actually the better option right now at QB, yet he won't play unless something happens to Watson.