Week 15 SNF: New York Giants @ Washington Commanders

Acgott

1 hour ago, Shockwave said:

Yea no doubt that was DPI. Holmes got away with some egregious coverage there. If we are on the other side of that we are livid as well. But then again Mcloud makes that easy INT and it's a non factor.

We weren't nearly as bad as the Commanders fans are right now when the officials DID, objectively, steal a game from us against the Commanders last year with that Dexter Lawrence offsides that wasn't offsides. Regardless of the illegal formation or pass interference, they still needed a 2 point conversion just to tie. Giants would have still had a minute and 2 timeouts. 

With the game last year, we realized that, even though he wasn't offsides, it looked offsides, so they'd call it every time. Don't put the game in the refs hands.

I've been numb to ref decisions ever since that 2002 wild card game. Crying about it does nothing.

Hey fellas, sorry i didnt do the write up on this game for this week. Was away with the Mrs and watching her daughter graduate from college. But honestly i was gonna say we sneak a win in this one. Really was impressed with Kayvon turning into a human highlight reel last night and the overall team effort. Glad we pulled this one out. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

Hey fellas, sorry i didnt do the write up on this game for this week. Was away with the Mrs and watching her daughter graduate from college. But honestly i was gonna say we sneak a win in this one. Really was impressed with Kayvon turning into a human highlight reel last night and the overall team effort. Glad we pulled this one out. 

Congratulations! Family time is the best time! I got you covered!

Really nice to get that win. No sacks allowed and won the turnover battle. You should always win in that scenario.

• Like 2

DJ looked very good in this game. He was zinging the ball all around the field in tight windows. His pocket awareness has improved tremendously this year. He obviously doesn't have the numbers, yet. But that is more of a symptom of the personnel around him and therefore offensive design. 

You love to see Kayvon getting better and better. We're getting to see what type of a force he can be. Reminds me of JPP chasing ball-carriers down the field.

18 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

DJ looked very good in this game. He was zinging the ball all around the field in tight windows. His pocket awareness has improved tremendously this year. He obviously doesn't have the numbers, yet. But that is more of a symptom of the personnel around him and therefore offensive design. 

You love to see Kayvon getting better and better. We're getting to see what type of a force he can be. Reminds me of JPP chasing ball-carriers down the field.

I thought DJ started out really well, and he made the most important plays when they mattered, but he also missed some relatively important throws. That 3rd down pass to an open Bellinger was well behind him. That throw to Saquon in the flat on another 3rd down was dangerous; it looked like it could have been intercepted. He also has a tendency to miss low when he has to improvise. It's not all the time, but it is often enough. I guess it is better to miss low, but he isn't even giving the receiver a chance most of the time. The ball lands at their feet. Still, it was obvious the gameplan was to not even attempt to throw the ball deep, so I can't fault him for that. Curl and Forrest are, incredibly, a pretty good safety duo.

Thibs hit the Osi special: sack, FF, FR, TD. Our front 4 is actually really good when healthy! When's the last time we could say that?

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Thibs hit the Osi special: sack, FF, FR, TD. Our front 4 is actually really good when healthy! When's the last time we could say that?

Thibs was amazing on Sunday. He has closed out at least 3 games this season. Sadly all the talk yesterday was about the refs. Azeez has 4.5 sacks in 5 games. I’ll still consider drafting a pass rusher in the first if it’s BPA. Can never have too many.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Thibs was amazing on Sunday. He has closed out at least 3 games this season. Sadly all the talk yesterday was about the refs. Azeez has 4.5 sacks in 5 games. I’ll still consider drafting a pass rusher in the first if it’s BPA. Can never have too many.

I'd love to bring in an older, seasoned pass rusher this year to rotate with Azeez and Thibs next year. Someone like Melvin Ingram, Justin Houston, or Brandon Graham. I can never say no to another young, talented pass rusher, but with the pair we have just getting themselves established, I think it'd be better for the team and their development to go the FA route.

Azeez has changed the defense IMO. He is letting Wink do a lot more now that he doesn't have to bring 6 any time he wants to get pressure. I saw a stat that, since Azeez has returned, the Giants are 2nd in the NFL in sacks.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I'd love to bring in an older, seasoned pass rusher this year to rotate with Azeez and Thibs next year. Someone like Melvin Ingram, Justin Houston, or Brandon Graham. I can never say no to another young, talented pass rusher, but with the pair we have just getting themselves established, I think it'd be better for the team and their development to go the FA route.

Azeez has changed the defense IMO. He is letting Wink do a lot more now that he doesn't have to bring 6 any time he wants to get pressure. I saw a stat that, since Azeez has returned, the Giants are 2nd in the NFL in sacks.

Yeah, that wouldn’t be a bad decision either. We just need some rotation. Can’t have Thibs being gassed. Imagine when we get our two best secondary players back. Can have some fun with the defense rather than pressure in 2 seconds or pain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Yeah, that wouldn’t be a bad decision either. We just need some rotation. Can’t have Thibs being gassed. Imagine when we get our two best secondary players back. Can have some fun with the defense rather than pressure in 2 seconds or pain.

While it would be nice, we simply have way too many holes in our starting units to start thinking about key rotation players.

1 hour ago, Go_Giants said:

While it would be nice, we simply have way too many holes in our starting units to start thinking about key rotation players.

A good coach can make room for them all. If the pass rusher is ranked 15 on our board and the next highest CB, WR, LB, QB, OL is ranked 22, it be foolish to pass on them. It’s an unlikely scenario, but not one we should just turn away because it’s not a top 5 need.

39 minutes ago, Acgott said:

A good coach can make room for them all. If the pass rusher is ranked 15 on our board and the next highest CB, WR, LB, QB, OL is ranked 22, it be foolish to pass on them. It’s an unlikely scenario, but not one we should just turn away because it’s not a top 5 need.

While best player available is great in theory believe most teams including ours combine BPA with need and we have so many needs.