BDL 2022 Playoffs Week 2 - #5 Cancun Kaiju @ #3 Rome Eternals

RedGold

Who Wins?   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cancun Kaiju
    • Rome Eternals

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/22/2022 at 05:00 AM

On 12/18/2022 at 12:30 PM, RedGold said:

We have had this game circled on our schedule since Week 4

Okay md4l, i will start reading through.

Immediately i am stuck with a brazen lie because this is a playoff game so it can't be on the schedule since week 4

I will try to read more tomorrow.

• Like 4

I think both DLs have a good advantage over the opposing OLs. Cancun issues have been documented over 10 pages but I don't think I've seen someone point out that Tyron Smith rotated as right tackle for his come-back game. Bcb counting on him to be 100% is a mistake imho. Having Raimann on the bench kinda saves the day for him fortunately. I do rate Rome edge rushers and tackles above Cancun ones though so advantage Rome there. 

I was a bit confused with Cancun offensive gameplan. Attacking Matt Judon aggression is a way to deal with him, but it seems contradictory with their plan to attack Rome deep whenever the SS comes in the box (which happens a lot since Rome plays cover 1 mostly). I am not super fond of that part of the gameplan tbh and I am not super fond of Cancun receiving corps and while Rome DBs aren't the best, their issues have been overblown by Cancun who focused on Kyle Hamilton who's a backup here. 

I do like Cancun defensive plan though. I think they built a good plan to help against their lack of depth at CB but also got a good hold of Rome offensive tendencies. However I think Rome has a better chance adjusting to schematics mismatch than Cancun has to personnel mismatches. I think Rome pulls away on the 4th, 20-10

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I do like Cancun defensive plan though. I think they built a good plan to help against their lack of depth at CB but also got a good hold of Rome offensive tendencies. However I think Rome has a better chance adjusting to schematics mismatch than Cancun has to personnel mismatches. I think Rome pulls away on the 4th, 20-10

Fair enough. Thanks for voting. Good game @bcb1213. It’s been a fun season!

• Like 1

In all seriousness, while there’s no such thing as a consolation in this league or in life, we are a full year ahead of where I thought we’d be 2 years ago sitting without a first or second round pick and a last place team. Things clicked late down the stretch last year and we have some promising young and emerging talent. A few moves this year and I’m optimistic about things going forward.

Ironically, we knew we couldn’t draft everyone/everything we needed, so BPA was a no brainer for us, and I told @Blue in discord like a week before the season that I had major concerns about our corner situation when it came to depth. We rolled the dice by grabbing Olave and Zion as BPA instead of reaching, but we were tempted to stay at 3 and grab Sauce at one point, but we felt like an impact DE with a healthy group of corners was best. They just weren’t healthy most of the year.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Blue said:

GG @bcb1213, good luck in the BizzBowl!

Thank you to Ted as well for breaking the tie! Not quite sure what you thought was contradictory about the protection and deep passing, but I don’t think it matters. Appreciate your contribution!

Never mind not worth it 

Edited by Whicker