Official Dallas Mavericks Thread: Welcome Lively, Omax, Grant Williams, Richaun, Seth, & Exum!

the lone star

With it looking more and more likely we play ourselves out of a top 5 pick (thanks Mark), I'm start to develop a boyish crush on Mikal Bridges. I liked him anyway, but now that we're probably going to end up picking more in his range, I'm all for it. 

3 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

With where we’ll probably land, I’m all in for Mikal Bridges or Wendell Carter.

Carter doesn't do much for me tbh. Not entirely sure why, and admittedly it might just be because A.) he's not in the mix with the other bigs in this class (Ayton/Mo/JJJ/Bagley) or B.) he's not Mikal, who is going to be a steal for someone. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, the lone star said:

Which 1 of these 3 would you want the Mavs to target in free agency?

Tyreke Evans
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Will Barton

Wouldn't a lot of that depend on what of top 3 picks you end up with? Either way I would stay away from Dallas signing anyone to any kind of big contract. They really need to suck/tank one more year other wise they risk being middle of the pack too soon.

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Wouldn't a lot of that depend on what of top 3 picks you end up with? Either way I would stay away from Dallas signing anyone to any kind of big contract. They really need to suck/tank one more year other wise they risk being middle of the pack too soon.

That's fair. Then they'd get Wes completely off the books too.

But tbh, I think Cuban tries to swing big again this year. He seems to always do that. Missed hard on some superstars, then got Parsons, DeAndre reneged, but Wes committed, same with Barnes. Didn't get Whiteside, and Noel turned down a big contract, so I think Cuban will make a sizable pitch to someone. If he does, then I hope it's Tyreke Evans.