Official Dallas Mavericks Thread: Welcome Lively, Omax, Grant Williams, Richaun, Seth, & Exum!

the lone star

1 minute ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

If Boston called and offered Jaylen Brown, 27, and Sacramento's 2019 1st for the 5th pick, would you do it?

I'd also call Denver and see if they want to unload Faried and attach 14 as well

I'd want Terry Rozier thrown in there as well, but yea I'd probably do that. Especially if you can get 14 from Denver. 

2 hours ago, Texasmade said:

I'd want Terry Rozier thrown in there as well, but yea I'd probably do that. Especially if you can get 14 from Denver. 

I don't think we could get all that, and I'm not sure we need Rozier anyway. Brown would give us a nice 2 way wing, plus the upside of Sacramento's pick would likely be top 5, and it's only top 1 protected. Of course, with our luck, it would win the lottery.

Then at 14, I'd be targeting Mitchell Robinson to be our baby Tyson Chandler of the future. But a lot would have to go right, and I'm not sure Boston takes that deal.

11 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I don't think we could get all that, and I'm not sure we need Rozier anyway. Brown would give us a nice 2 way wing, plus the upside of Sacramento's pick would likely be top 5, and it's only top 1 protected. Of course, with our luck, it would win the lottery.

Then at 14, I'd be targeting Mitchell Robinson to be our baby Tyson Chandler of the future. But a lot would have to go right, and I'm not sure Boston takes that deal.

I agree they won't do it, but that would be my asking price. I could be talked down though so long as Jaylen Brown and the king's pick were included. Whatever you do, just don't let Danny Ainge Danny Ainge you. 

Edited by Texasmade

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

I was on board for a while, but I'm really not so sure the more I think about it. He scares me, and it's not just the back.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Bamba now. There are a lot of good players in the draft, so after Ayton and Bagley, there will be guys like Doncic, Bamba, Jackson Jr., Porter Jr. and Young.

I'd take Bamba though. Seems like his defense would make an immediate impact.

16 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Bamba now. There are a lot of good players in the draft, so after Ayton and Bagley, there will be guys like Doncic, Bamba, Jackson Jr., Porter Jr. and Young.

I'd take Bamba though. Seems like his defense would make an immediate impact.

I think my top six would be...

Ayton
Doncic
Jackson
Bagley
Bamba
Porter

So I still have hopes for Porter, but I think there's a drop off from Bamba to Porter. I think he's in that tier with Trae, both Bridges, etc. And I'd be tempted by Trae if we didn't have our PG of the future already.