Packers Draft Pick Watch - 14th pick

Ronald323

46 minutes ago, MathMan said:

yep. i hope we roll in with callahan.

and either we beat you for the lulz or (more likely) you stomp us and help our draft pick

Unless we resign Callahan to the active roster it will be difficult for him to play on Saturday.  

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

i believe we just did that.

but yeah, we are probably going with hundley anyway.

When I saw your post I checked the Packers' website but I didn't see the news that we resigned him and he wasn't listed as a member of the active roster yet. 

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

When I saw your post I checked the Packers' website but I didn't see the news that we resigned him and he wasn't listed as a member of the active roster yet. 

they may have been waiting for the atlanta result

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Bolt/Report-Packers-to-re-sign-Joe-Callahan-to-active-roster-112437828

You guys are still making a GDT right?

Not making the playoffs sucks. Making the playoffs just to watch your time find new innovative ways to lose sucks way worse. Being a Vikings fan I know this all too well.

But sometimes one/a few bad seasons can help bring some good change, and perhaps that is what this season will be just that for the Packers. 

I do hope though that you guys aren't down in the dumps and are avoiding talking about the upcoming game.

13 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Not making the playoffs sucks. Making the playoffs just to watch your time find new innovative ways to lose sucks way worse. Being a Vikings fan I know this all too well.

But sometimes one/a few bad seasons can help bring some good change, and perhaps that is what this season will be just that for the Packers. 

I do hope though that you guys aren't down in the dumps and are avoiding talking about the upcoming game.

There will definitely be a GDT. We certainly are in uncharted territory right now; there will definitely be some changes (hopefully Capers will be gone), but ultimately I think we will retool the roster and be back in the hunt next year. As long as we have AR, we will be in the playoff discussion.

19 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'm not down in the dumps.

It's refreshing that we don't need to worry about a brutal playoff loss lol.

I think we pretty much expected to miss the playoffs once AR went down.

I'll get over missing the playoffs soon enough if this season gives the team an excuse to hit reset on a few players and coaches who seem to have outlived their usefulness.  If nothing else, draft prep should be a little more interesting looking at players who should be available in the mid-late teens rather than mid-late twenties.

Based on my rudimentary estimates, at “worst” we can still pick 20th. At “best” we can ascend to 12. 12 would be an interesting spot, we’ll have lots of ammo to trade up for an Arden Key or Denzel Ward, and it may be a perfect spot for a team to trade up for someone like Baker Mayfield, netting us a future 1st. 

Sad that we’re already looking forward to the draft but it is what it is 

4 minutes ago, tfalkgopack said:

Based on my rudimentary estimates, at “worst” we can still pick 20th. At “best” we can ascend to 12. 12 would be an interesting spot, we’ll have lots of ammo to trade up for an Arden Key or Denzel Ward, and it may be a perfect spot for a team to trade up for someone like Baker Mayfield, netting us a future 1st. 

Sad that we’re already looking forward to the draft but it is what it is 

Realistically, we're not picking 20th.  The Packers would have to win out and have the teams ahead of them lose at least one game.  That's not happening.  They'll probably be picking in that 12-14 range when/if they lose out.  If they win one, they're probably in that 14-16 range.  If they win out, they're in that 17-20 range.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Realistically, we're not picking 20th.  The Packers would have to win out and have the teams ahead of them lose at least one game.  That's not happening.  They'll probably be picking in that 12-14 range when/if they lose out.  If they win one, they're probably in that 14-16 range.  If they win out, they're in that 17-20 range.

I have Cleveland, NYG, Indy, Houston/Cleveland, TB,  SF, Chicago, Cincy, NYJ, Denver in front of us for sure in some order. 

I have Oakland, Miami, Arizona and GB all finish at 7-9. That should put us at 13 based on SoS. 

We can bump up a notch if Oakland goes 2-0, but games against Philly and SD make that doubtful. 

We really need to root root for Miami to beat Buffalo in week 17, as they’re ahead of us in SoS, they just need one more win for GB to pass them, but that’s doubtful against NE.

If Arizona could go 2-0 these last 2 weeks that would be helpful because they’re certainly going to be in the market for a QB, so more trade leverage for us if they’re right behind us, but they’ll be in front of us if they go 1-1. 

So, “best” case scenario, we lose out and Oak & Ari go 2-0, Miami wins 1 game, that would put us at 11 unless I’m missing something 

35 minutes ago, tfalkgopack said:

I have Cleveland, NYG, Indy, Houston/Cleveland, TB,  SF, Chicago, Cincy, NYJ, Denver in front of us for sure in some order. 

I have Oakland, Miami, Arizona and GB all finish at 7-9. That should put us at 13 based on SoS. 

We can bump up a notch if Oakland goes 2-0, but games against Philly and SD make that doubtful. 

We really need to root root for Miami to beat Buffalo in week 17, as they’re ahead of us in SoS, they just need one more win for GB to pass them, but that’s doubtful against NE.

If Arizona could go 2-0 these last 2 weeks that would be helpful because they’re certainly going to be in the market for a QB, so more trade leverage for us if they’re right behind us, but they’ll be in front of us if they go 1-1. 

So, “best” case scenario, we lose out and Oak & Ari go 2-0, Miami wins 1 game, that would put us at 11 unless I’m missing something 

Mathematically, we can't surpass the Browns, Giants, Colts, Texans, San Francisco, Chicago, or Tampa Bay.  That means the top 7 spots are likely in form or another those 7 players.  Right now, the Bengals, Broncos, and Jets have a two-game lead in the reverse standings.  Let's start with them and their remaining schedule.

CIN - DET, BAL
DEN - WAS, KC
NYJ - LAC, NE

A single loss prevents the Packers from moving up.  Odds are the Lions beat the Bengals to keep their playoff hopes alive.  The Broncos have lost two of their last 10, and their two wins are over the Jets and Colts.  And it's at Washington, so I'm taking Washington.  The Jets' game against the Charger is a toss-up for me, I'd assume the Chargers win.  But assuming the Patriots are still playing for something in Week 17, they're going to win.  So that's likely teams picking 8-10.

Then you get into that tier with teams with one less win than the Packers.

ARI - NYG, SEA
OAK - PHI, LAC
WAS - DEN, NYG
MIA - KC, BUF

Arizona likely gets a win against the Giants, but likely loses to Seattle which puts them at 7-9.  Oakland is a toss-up for me against Philadelphia, and a toss-up against the Chargers given a divisional rival.  I'm going to say they split it and go 1-1.  I've already given Washington a win against Denver, and I'm going to assume they're going to beat the Giants as well so they'll be 8-8.  Miami has a pair of toss-up games with Kansas City and Buffalo, with Buffalo the more winnable game.  I'll say they beat Buffalo, but lose to Kansas City putting them at 7-9.

And then you have the Chargers who are currently tied with the Packers.  I've got a win for the Chargers against the Jets this weekend putting them at 8-8.  That would leave the Packers at 7-9 tied with Arizona, Oakland, and Miami.  Miami has a better SOS than the Packers, so they'll likely stay behind the Packers.  The Raiders and Cardinals have weaker SOS, so they'll likely be ahead of the Packers.  If my math is correct, that would have the Packers picking 13th.

Archived