Packers Draft Pick Watch - 14th pick

Ronald323

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just wanted to post this for the record...

ARI 6-8 .484
OAK 6-8 .511
WAS 6-8 .533
MIA 6-8 .551
GB 7-8 .537

Cardinals play Giants and Seahawks.  They have a good chance at going 7/9, possibly 8/8 with a statement game against the Seahawks.
Raiders play Eagles and Chargers.  They will not finish with a better record than us. 
Redskins play Broncos and Giants.  They have a really good shot at finishing better than us.
Dolphins play the Chiefs and the Bills.  They have an alright shot at finishing better than us. 

We are now looking at 11th overall best case scenario.  15th overall worse case scenario.  14th overall most likely scenario. 

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Cardinals play Giants and Seahawks.  They have a good chance at going 7/9, possibly 8/8 with a statement game against the Seahawks.
Raiders play Eagles and Chargers.  They will not finish with a better record than us. 
Redskins play Broncos and Giants.  They have a really good shot at finishing better than us.
Dolphins play the Chiefs and the Bills.  They have an alright shot at finishing better than us. 

We are now looking at 11th overall best case scenario.  15th overall worse case scenario.  14th overall most likely scenario. 

I've got Arizona beat NYG, but losing to Seattle.  SOS should keep Arizona ahead of the Packers.  I've got the Raiders beating the Chargers, but losing to the Eagles.  I've got the Redskins beating both the Broncos and Giants.  I've got the Dolphins beating the Bills, but not the Chiefs.  SOS should likely keep the Dolphins ahead of Packers.  I've got them picking 13th.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I've got Arizona beat NYG, but losing to Seattle.  SOS should keep Arizona ahead of the Packers.  I've got the Raiders beating the Chargers, but losing to the Eagles.  I've got the Redskins beating both the Broncos and Giants.  I've got the Dolphins beating the Bills, but not the Chiefs.  SOS should likely keep the Dolphins ahead of Packers.  I've got them picking 13th.

The Dolphins strength of schedule when you include the record of the teams the Packers and Dolphins will be playing for Week 16 and 17 should put them behind us....at least as of right now.  That could change based on the outcomes of today's games.

I think the absolute best we can do is 11th overall and it would take a lot to get there.  We're most likely picking 14th or 15th if we lose next week. 

Just now, minnypackerfan said:

The Dolphins strength of schedule when you include the record of the teams the Packers and Dolphins will be playing for Week 16 and 17 should put them behind us....at least as of right now.  That could change based on the outcomes of today's games.

I think the absolute best we can do is 11th overall and it would take a lot to get there.  We're most likely picking 14th or 15th if we lose next week. 

That's a big reason why I C&P the SOS for the teams ahead of us.  I wanted to get a better idea of how one week can affect the SOS.  Realistically, 15th is our floor.  8th is our ceiling.  But the 8th-10th spots are unlikely given that it takes two wins from every 5 win team and a win from all the 6 teams and beat the SOS tiebreaker.

Just in case anyone needs a cheat sheet on who to root for...

Bears win
Lions win (if you want Lions in the playoffs)
Dolphins win
Saints win (if you want Lions in the playoffs, otherwise want Falcons in playoffs)
Redskins win
Cowboys/Seahwaks win (whoever you want out of the playoff race more)
Cardinals win
Eagles win (eliminates Minnesota from HFA)

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Just in case anyone needs a cheat sheet on who to root for...

Bears win
Lions win (if you want Lions in the playoffs)
Dolphins win
Saints win (if you want Lions in the playoffs, otherwise want Falcons in playoffs)
Redskins win
Cowboys/Seahwaks win (whoever you want out of the playoff race more)
Cardinals win
Eagles win (eliminates Minnesota from HFA)

Want a lions win because they will play harder against us because there would be potential playoffs on the line.

Also, oakland over philly to get a better draft pick.

Just now, MathMan said:

Want a lions win because they will play harder against us because there would be potential playoffs on the line.

Also, oakland over philly to get a better draft pick.

SOS is going to be hard to overcome.  And Oakland has San Diego in Week 17.

Just now, MathMan said:

I think thats a coin flip game. At the very least, we could get it so that we could jump ahead of the winner of that game

We will have a better idea of where we are after this weekend's games.  LIS before, I've got the Chargers beating the Jets so a Raiders win over the Charger in Week 17 would be ideal.

Quick update.

Appears Carolina has locked up a playoff spot.  Last NFC Wild Card spot is still Atlanta's to win.  If Atlanta beats Carolina next week, they're in.  Otherwise, they need help.  Fortunately, Carolina is still playing for the NFCS title.

Chargers beating the Jets eliminates the Packers from jumping the Jets, but pretty much solidifies the Chargers picking after the Packers.

Bengals have all but beaten the Lions, which eliminates Detroit from the playoffs.  Another win by Cincinnati and a loss by the Packers puts them in a tie in record which comes down to SOS.

Redskins beat the Broncos, which means if both teams lose out SOS will be the tiebreaker.

And the Bears won, so their draft pick gets worse.

Archived