Bengals @ Bucs. Raise the white flags!!

one_of_a_kind24

8 minutes ago, one_of_a_kind24 said:

This is an absolute hilarious of a game. 1st half, shows what the potential is of the team with good game planning and preparation. 2nd half shows how bad the coaching is with not adjusting and just playing it safe cause they have a lead.

This is all execution. Squarely on the players IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, one_of_a_kind24 said:

I'm ready for everyone in the media to stop beating the "they're still in 1st place" BS. This team is garbage.

Seriously. It’s a terrible football team that’s benefited from a cupcake schedule and a horrendous division. 

I have no idea how this team beat Dallas. 

4 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Seriously. It’s a terrible football team that’s benefited from a cupcake schedule and a horrendous division. 

I have no idea how this team beat Dallas. 

I honestly don't even want them to make the playoffs. Saints or Panthers can have it. 

Start the blowing up of the team now, and tank next year to try and get a good rookie QB.

1 minute ago, one_of_a_kind24 said:

I honestly don't even want them to make the playoffs. Saints or Panthers can have it. 

Start the blowing up of the team now, and tank next year to try and get a good rookie QB.

Yep. 

Honestly, if we’re going into the tank, I’d just keep Bowles for another year, throw in Trask and start over in 2024 with a new coach/QB

No point in firing Bowles if the objective is to lose, he’s too good at it. 

2 minutes ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Yep. 

Honestly, if we’re going into the tank, I’d just keep Bowles for another year, throw in Trask and start over in 2024 with a new coach/QB

No point in firing Bowles if the objective is to lose, he’s too good at it. 

I'd want they personality and culture of the team get a head start. Not to mention learning a new offense. Have the new HC come in and cut everyone that doesn't fit, and start getting his guys.

13 hours ago, one_of_a_kind24 said:

This is an absolute hilarious of a game. 1st half, shows what the potential is of the team with good game planning and preparation. 2nd half shows how bad the coaching is with not adjusting and just playing it safe cause they have a lead.

Outside of the Fake punt - this is all on the offense (cough Brady) and lack of execution. This wasn't on the coaching staff. I get it - I wouldn't be opposed to a change this offseason at all. 

But you're wrong to place the 2nd half collapse on the coaching. This is where players need to be held accountable. Stat. 

The roster is going to be purged. The coaches? I'm not sure. It all depends on how much say Arians really has. Or with his recent health scare - if he'll even be in the building next year. 

Jason Licht has his work cut out for him. Honestly I would promote Licht from GM to a role similar to what McKay is/was to the Falcons. 

Bowles got the job due to Arians retiring late in the off-season mid-april. Despite trusting BA's handpicked coach - Bowles still failed 3 years as a HC so there was no search for a better candidate. Licht and the Glazers might have a discussion on that in terms of the direction of the football team. But I also remember - when Licht was evaluating QB's in 2014 - he was also looking at 2015 where he liked Mariota and Winston better than what was available in 2014 (not really a great example bc it looks like Licht has drafted 2 busts spending high draft picks on what looks to be failed QBs during his tenure). 

Licht might keep both Leftwich and Bowles another year and roll with Trash - i mean Trask looking ahead to the 2024 draft with Caleb Williams in mind? Perhaps? 

The thought Arians had for Bowles and Leftwich was that they were getting one more year of quality play from Tom - which in my opinion - if he was anything like his 2021 self - would result in a division title at 11 wins. However - they got the collapse of Tom and they benefited from an even worse schedule and division - one I don't even think they'll win from Carolina at the moment. 

It's funny: The sign of the collapse started at the End of atlanta and week at Pittsburgh - the week Tom Brady left to go to a wedding and missed walk throughs and the team flight. This is where I think Bowles started losing the locker room. Ok you get giving Tom a veterans rest day. But Bowles giving that special treatment not only 2 times (excused from OTAs/Minicamps/Workouts) but also 2 weeks of training camp and now he's allowed to miss more team workouts/meetings to go to a wedding for Robert Kraft? Really? 

I'm not against firing Bowles and the whole staff. But I think theres going to be a serious discussion how much went wrong this season by not having a full time QB who was even close to being average. Yeah sure he's top 5 in yards - but a lot of it is garbage time stats and rules. Getting inside the 30 he can't make the throws or fast reads like he used to and while he never was a burner - Brady used to be able to work the pocket with his movement. He looks stiff there - like a 45 year old. lol. I think they'll give Bowles another year but request he find a new OC. I think Leftwich will get fired. (unless his contract is up). 

Defensively, the Bucs will need to make some decisions. Tagging Dean will be top priority. I think they let go of Edwards and keep Neal - and retain their depth in Nassib and Nelson. I think Cutting Smith and Shaq Mason will be on the table along with trading White and/or Carlton Davis. 

• Like 1