Week 16: GDT Philadelphia Eagles (13-1) vs NFZ Almost Contexts (10-4)

EaglesPeteC

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The way this reads to me is if this weekends game was a playoff game he would 100% be playing but because the game doesn't mean all that much he isn't going to play. This is very encouraging and means the sprain is very likely not all that serious. 

That is what I am getting to. Minshew with this offensive line, weapons and defense should be able to get a win in the next 2 games to make sure Hurts is full strength for the playoffs 

10 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

That is what I am getting to. Minshew with this offensive line, weapons and defense should be able to get a win in the next 2 games to make sure Hurts is full strength for the playoffs 

Gardner spent a summer living in a former prison bus if anyone is equipped to handle a dallas defense it's him. 

12 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Blankenship was a full participant in practice today 

I like Reed. He was the preseason safety version of Stephen Means, and he's looked good in the regular season too. Pretty sure he slipped in the draft because he's injury prone, but he's a starter when healthy. Might make Epps expendable since we almost will definitely extend CGJ. I'd like to extend Epps too though, but he's earned a solid contract himself. Could see 2 or 3 or 4 teams wanting to pay Epps more than we would. We got some hard decisions to make after the season.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, Jeezla said:

I like Reed. He was the preseason safety version of Stephen Means, and he's looked good in the regular season too. Pretty sure he slipped in the draft because he's injury prone, but he's a starter when healthy. Might make Epps expendable since we almost will definitely extend CGJ. I'd like to extend Epps too though, but he's earned a solid contract himself. Could see 2 or 3 or 4 teams wanting to pay Epps more than we would. We got some hard decisions to make after the season.

I mean Means might've made the 53 at some point, but definitely not as a rookie and he never really lasted or played in games.

Had Reed making the 53 on my projection and liked him out of Middle Tennesee back in 2019-2020. I remember wanting him to come out like 2 years before he eventually did. Kevin Byard coming out of MTSU and having success in the league kinda was the reason I kept an eye on Blankenship a bit in college. For some reason they've been putting out some nice safeties.

Also, if you look at Epps PFF grades he's basically one of the best run defending safeties in the NFL, but all the other areas they have him graded as average to below.

CuS7Y5v.jpg

Blankenship has the best grade of any safety in the league for PFF with more than 100 snaps (Reed has 111 which is why I used that) which is definitely an encouraging sign. I think it makes sense he takes Epps spot with his contract being like just under a million the next 2 years. I'll root for Marcus to be successful wherever he goes and think he's deserving of a solid contract. It just more than likely isn't gonna come from us, especially if we intend on keeping Chauncey.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

I guess Pascal just got a concussion in this practice? That sucks. 

He's definitely our best run blocker and feel like he has more chemistry with Minshew as he's practiced a lot more with him and the 2s.

If Gardner is gonna play I would've liked him out there. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

43 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I guess Pascal just got a concussion in this practice? That sucks. 

He's definitely our best run blocker and feel like he has more chemistry with Minshew as he's practiced a lot more with him and the 2s.

If Gardner is gonna play I would've liked him out there. 

Gardner was at Mike Leach’s funeral 

7 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Gardner was at Mike Leach’s funeral 

Ah okay. I get how you misinterpreted. I should've made it clearer.

What I was trying to say there is that if Minshew is gonna be playing this weekend then I would've liked Pascal playing which he most likely won't now that he has a concussion in the middle of the week.

Had nothing to do with Minshew practicing. I already knew where Minshew was and had watched some clips of his eulogy this morning.

If the Cowboys were to be moved into the NFC South next season, they'd be in line to meet Philadelphia in a non-division game for the first time since 1960.

If the Ravens were in the NFC East instead of the Cowboys this season, the Eagles would already have the NFC East title wrapped up, as the Ravens can only get as many as 12 wins, while the Eagles currently have 13. Meanwhile the Cowboys' 10-4 record would clinch them the NFC South (where they would replace the Panthers) with three games left to go, as the Buccaneers can only finish as good as 9-8. This meeting would take place in Dallas, marking the third time in history the Cowboys and Eagles met in Dallas but not Philadelphia (1960 when the teams were in separate divisions, and 1982 when the game in Philly was canceled due to the strike).

39 minutes ago, pf9 said:

If the Cowboys were to be moved into the NFC South next season, they'd be in line to meet Philadelphia in a non-division game for the first time since 1960.

If the Ravens were in the NFC East instead of the Cowboys this season, the Eagles would already have the NFC East title wrapped up, as the Ravens can only get as many as 12 wins, while the Eagles currently have 13. Meanwhile the Cowboys' 10-4 record would clinch them the NFC South (where they would replace the Panthers) with three games left to go, as the Buccaneers can only finish as good as 9-8. This meeting would take place in Dallas, marking the third time in history the Cowboys and Eagles met in Dallas but not Philadelphia (1960 when the teams were in separate divisions, and 1982 when the game in Philly was canceled due to the strike).

Are You High Episode 2 GIF by Big Little Lies

• Like 1