The Anthony Richardson Thread

brownie man

50 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah.  Players like Richardson are a lottery ticket.

You probably need a good QB developer on staff to give him a real chance, and even then, it's gonna take time.  And I like Richardson as a prospect.  I think he's worth a later first round pick all day, but you need the infrastructure on staff for that pick to make sense.

To be honest, the only coach in the league I'd 100% trust with Richardson already has Patrick Mahomes.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Based on his work with Josh Allen / Daniel Jones, I think Daboll would also be an ideal fit.

It'd really have to show in interviews, but I don't necessarily feel like Richardson has the the same head on his shoulders as Josh Allen, and is even more of a project/more difficult to coach.

21 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Throwing shots at the posters here while being sheepish? Baaaaa on my brother

Personally, I prefer breaking down prospects with posters who watch and do their own actual analysis over guys who just find a youtube video that agrees with them and parrot them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Personally, I prefer breaking down prospects with posters who watch and do their own actual analysis over guys who just find a youtube video that agrees with them and parrot them.

To each their own but I trust an NFL veteran over you and your guys. We're all entitled to opinions (Alan QB school) but some opinions carry more worth. 

Also, that was just one game he evaluation. Every analysis changes game to game which many seem to forget.

33 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

To each their own but I trust an NFL veteran over you and your guys. We're all entitled to opinions (Alan QB school) but some opinions carry more worth. 

Also, that was just one game he evaluation. Every analysis changes game to game which many seem to forget.

Does he ever do film sessions where he's extremely critical of prospects?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

McDaniels system emphasizes accuracy and Richardson is arguably the least accurate first round QB prospect that we've ever seen. I don't see them investing a top 10 pick into a guy that is a year or two away when they might get fired next year. 

I don't know about that. McDaniel literally selected Tim Tebow in the first with some of the whackiest mechanics and elongated release I've seen. What McDaniels values most is accountability and tools. You need to be able to accept harsh criticism and adjust to the coaching. He wants to tweak any prospect and mold them, Richardson was super raw the year before this when he spot started. He took the job and you can see him take his time making reads and progressing. He still isn't fixed, but previous Richardson versus this years version looks like a person that took coaching and put in work. He's 21 not 23 like Levis is or 25 like Hooker. If we are drafting a rookie Richardson is the one I want, but I do think Stroud is good and accurate and will be a good pro. Combine interview will be huge for him and the Raiders.

Edited by Trojan

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

I don't know about that. McDaniel literally selected Tim Tebow in the first with some of the whackiest mechanics and elongated release I've seen. What McDaniels values most is accountability and tools. You need to be able to accept harsh criticism and adjust to the coaching. He wants to tweak any prospect and mold them, Richardson was super raw the year before this when he spot started. He took the job and you can see him take his time making reads and progressing. He still isn't fixed, but previous Richardson versus this years version looks like a person that took coaching and put in work. He's 21 not 23 like Levis is or 25 like Hooker. If we are drafting a rookie Richardson is the one I want, but I do think Stroud is good and accurate and will be a good pro. Combine interview will be huge for him and the Raiders.

Reaching on a raw Florida QB didn't work out that well the last time...

On 2/3/2023 at 11:45 AM, NYRaider said:

Does he ever do film sessions where he's extremely critical of prospects?

Yes. He's overly critical of Will Levis. He doesn't bash them but he will criticize their ability to play QB. That's what I like about him. He shows no bias. Everything is based off the film and not what people like in a prospect.

11 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Yes. He's overly critical of Will Levis. He doesn't bash them but he will criticize their ability to play QB. That's what I like about him. He shows no bias. Everything is based off the film and not what people like in a prospect.

He's a positive person, that FSU tape was rough, 9/27... Yikes. 

• Like 1