Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Washington Commanders

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Juice, Warner, Bosa, CMC and Williams are locks to make the Pro Bowl. Who else makes it? Greenlaw and Ward should make it but do they have the name recognition to make it? Hufanga is surprisingly getting a lot of love in DPOY voting which makes no sense to me but nonetheless, that should put him in a decent spot to make it. How about Kittle? He doesn't have the best receiving stats from a TE but he still has solid stats and is a big name. 

We probably get anywhere from 6-8 players making it to the Pro Bowl. 

I think Kittle makes it in. I think he's second in fan voting behind Kelce and is a big personality. I could see Hufanga getting in. Hufanga has had a few lapses in coverage, but he's had turnovers in big time games and the comparisons the announcers always make to Polamalu help his case as well. I think Greenlaw is more than deserving to get in and has made some big plays in highly televised games as well. 

• Like 1

Good luck Saturday, gentleman. I'm sure it's gonna be a dogfight.

I've got total respect for the Niners & that #1 Defense in the League.

Having said that, I don't think the Niners are gonna expect the buzzsaw from the Commanders.

Most football fans, including our own think you guys are gonna kick our ***. I believe you guys are even 7-7.5 pt favorites as well. That line may even go up, as kickoff approaches.

But I believe different. I think the Niners are gonna be a little more lax, having already won the Division.

And Washington is pretty pissed off right now, how Sunday Night went down.

Commanders know how good the 49ers are. They know if they play them, like the Giants the other night? They'll be done by halftime...

Which is why I expect a completely different gameplan vs 49ers come Saturday.

Washington upsets 49ers 27-20

Regains position for their playoff push.

Hopefully, we get a clean game with no significant injuries.

Good Luck!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Having said that, I don't think the Niners are gonna expect the buzzsaw from the Commanders.

Most football fans, including our own think you guys are gonna kick our ***. I believe you guys are even 7-7.5 pt favorites as well. That line may even go up, as kickoff approaches.

But I believe different. I think the Niners are gonna be a little more lax, having already won the Division.

Commanders know how good the 49ers are. They know if they play them, like the Giants the other night? They'll be done by halftime...

Good Luck!

I also wonder how the team will play with the division locked up even though they still can play the 2nd seed. 

Washington's DL is going to give this OL fits and we can see Purdy looking like a rookie for the first time this season.

Washington winning would not surprise me at the slightest but I expect the Niners defense to be dominant as usual and force a few turnovers that lead to 10+ points.

Wishing a clean game with no injuries as well! Good luck!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Around that time, I was worried about the offense staying stagnant and the team going to 3-5

Somebody told me to relax, this team will get better.  That dude was right, lol.  Extremely right.  

Was that me? Even though I knew we would be fine, I did not expect the team to win seven straight lol. That's hard to do, regardless of how good the team is. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I also wonder how the team will play with the division locked up even though they still can play the 2nd seed. 

Washington's DL is going to give this OL fits and we can see Purdy looking like a rookie for the first time this season.

Washington winning would not surprise me at the slightest but I expect the Niners defense to be dominant as usual and force a few turnovers that lead to 10+ points.

Wishing a clean game with no injuries as well! Good luck!

Yeah, I could definitely see the Washington defense turning this game into a rock fight. We can definitely lose those sort of games if the offense implodes and contributes points and field position to the other team. Mullens basically singlehandedly lost the game two years ago when Washington pressure led him into a series of catastrophic mistakes. We lost three games this year under basically under those conditions this year with Jimmy and Trey.  We've all been very impressed with Purdy, but this game is another possible delineation point between a flash in the pan high end backup and an average starter. Huge opportunity to show that he can keep his head when up against a very good (and more healthy than Tampa) defense. If Washington's defense doesn't turn it into a rock fight, it could get ugly. Because this 49ers defense has been punking everyone into the ground for weeks and Washington hasn't been the sort of team with the high quality offense capable of escaping this defense's gravity. 

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

Good Luck!

I wouldn't rule out an upset, but I don't think you'll catch the 49ers relaxed coming into this game despite winning the division. This isn't Shanahan's style, nor is it the team's mentality. I just can't see Fred Warner and George Kittle letting this team be ok with not giving it their all.

Also, there's blood in the water in regard to the playoff seeding with the Vikings being a fraud and Philly dealing with Hurts' injury and I think the 49ers smell it. 

I just don't think you'll catch this team having a relaxed mentality, it's just not who they are.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Kalia Davis? Wow I didn't think we'd see anything from him until 2023. I wonder if he'll be able to contribute some meaningful snaps for the rest of the season. We sure could use it.

Yeah, I've been really looking forward to seeing Kalia Davis in action (I presumed that it would be next year as well).

9 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Kalia Davis? Wow I didn't think we'd see anything from him until 2023. I wonder if he'll be able to contribute some meaningful snaps for the rest of the season. We sure could use it.

7 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Yeah, I've been really looking forward to seeing Kalia Davis in action (I presumed that it would be next year as well).

It surprised me as well but I do remember Lynch saying in training camp that Davis would have a chance to get on the practice field later in the year.

42 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Same. It's funny that it's week 16 and we're excited for a rookie 7th round pick to make his debut because we all know how much gold we've found in the bottom part of the draft. 

• Like 1