Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Washington Commanders

J-ALL-DAY

35 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I was just gonna say lmao...

Oh geeezzzz...gawd I hope Purdy isn't the next dude we talk about years later as a promising guy turned punchline. 

Tough needle to thread. Be excited for what's going on in the here without getting ahead of yourself for the future

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tough needle to thread. Be excited for what's going on in the here without getting ahead of yourself for the future

It’s it’s been a delight. I spent the whole first half having my expectations that the bubble was finally going to burst on Purdy confirmed a bit and then he completed 10 of his next 11 for over 15 yards an attempt and led 3 long scoring drives to start the second half. I’m going to start expecting him to turn it around after jittery starts if he doesn’t stop playing so dang well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JIllg said:

It’s it’s been a delight. I spent the whole first half having my expectations that the bubble was finally going to burst on Purdy confirmed a bit and then he completed 10 of his next 11 for over 15 yards an attempt and led 3 long scoring drives to start the second half. I’m going to start expecting him to turn it around after jittery starts if he doesn’t stop playing so dang well.

He's so much fun at this point. He has a lot of moxie with workable talent and just enough chaos

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

He's so much fun at this point. He has a lot of moxie with workable talent and just enough chaos

Man, watching some of the tape, Shanahan went max punishment. On the drive with the McCloud score, the d line and linebackers didn’t honor the orbit motion sweep play action hard enough and got their hands up to knock a pass down. Okay, you threw us off, now eat this 70 yard TD. Everyone is fighting to get to the frontside and backside of our toss outside zone for a run stop. Ok, we’re going to hit the leak all the way to the backside of the play for a 30 yard touchdown. You want to jump in breakers in zone coverage and get us off our rhythm, home run post. I like the max punishment Kyle. XD

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Forge said:

101 catches on 144 targets

1561 yards 

9 touchdowns 

14 total games 

10 targets / gm, 7.2 receptions, 111.5 yards per game, .64 TD per game 

LOL. Yeah, there's a difference. 

So what I got post-2017 (including playoffs)

Kittle with Jimmy G - 3,045 yards, 233 catches and 17 TDs in 50 games which averages out to:

4.7 catches per game, 60.9 YPG, 13.06 YPC and .34 TDs per game

Kittle without Jimmy G - 1, 821 yards, 119 catches and 10 TDs in 21 games which averages out to:

5.7 catches per game, 86.7 YPG, 15.30 YPC and .47 TDs per game

21 games is not insignificant here as it makes up almost 30% of the games Kittle has played since 2017. For him to average almost 27 YPG more without Jimmy is eye opening but the YPC is what stands out to me. Other QBs are giving Kittle opportunities to make plays down the field that Jimmy often times has not. I included the Dolphins game for Purdy btw. 

Kittle really would be putting up Kelce type of receiving numbers every season if he just played with Jimmy's back ups for his entire career LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kittle without Jimmy G - 1, 821 yards, 119 catches and 10 TDs in 21 games which averages out to:

Yeah, I totally messed that up. I forgot about Jimmy in 2017 and just subtracted everything from 2017 lol messed up the whole thing. I don't generally like to use Statmuse because I'm not positive on the stats they provide, but this was the baseline I had found initially:

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/george-kittle-stats-without-jimmy-garoppolo#:~:text=George Kittle has 130 catches,Jimmy Garoppolo in his career.

On 12/23/2022 at 11:05 AM, Forge said:

Pretty interesting. If true, Snyder once again cutting off his nose to spite his face. 

"... The reason I had so many chances is because I (was drafted in the first round). I'm pretty sure Kyle and John had me on the block one of these years" 

This makes sense to me. This regime knew they needed a T and knew it was going to be costly. They traded Buckner for a T after being denied Trent before the deadline. They were willing to give up a starter for it. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, N4L said:

"... The reason I had so many chances is because I (was drafted in the first round). I'm pretty sure Kyle and John had me on the block one of these years" 

This makes sense to me. This regime knew they needed a T and knew it was going to be costly. They traded Buckner for a T after being denied Trent before the deadline. They were willing to give up a starter for it. 

That was a pretty blowing endorsement for a quarterback. Sounded real. 

Great game guys!

You guys are legit. 

Good luck the rest of the way. You guys are excellent in all phases of the game.

Honestly, you guys looked like a Superbowl team. I'll be very surprised, if you're not representing the NFC in the Superbowl.

Unfortunately for us, it looks like we're folding in this Playoff hunt.

I don't have much confidence in our team, with our QB situation.

Anyways, great victory & maybe you guys can get that #2 seed.

So great job!

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Great game guys!

You guys are legit. 

Good luck the rest of the way. You guys are excellent in all phases of the game.

Honestly, you guys looked like a Superbowl team. I'll be very surprised, if you're not representing the NFC in the Superbowl.

Unfortunately for us, it looks like we're folding in this Playoff hunt.

I don't have much confidence in our team, with our QB situation.

Anyways, great victory & maybe you guys can get that #2 seed.

So great job!

It was a good game. Really impressed with that group of young receivers. Getting to 20 against the 49ers defense is an achievement. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JIllg said:

It was a good game. Really impressed with that group of young receivers. Getting to 20 against the 49ers defense is an achievement. 

Feels like Washington is a QB away.. Rodgers on that team would be scary. If they were to get him and Tonyan with some tweaks to the back 7 on D, I feel like they could compete even for that division next year

5 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

That was a pretty blowing endorsement for a quarterback. Sounded real. 

And that's the thing with Purdy that I couldn't quite elaborate on when I said I liked him as a late round flier-type of QB.

When things don't go as expected, there's no overcompensation or pressing. You can tell he holds himself to a high standard and is hard on himself BUT he doesn't dwell on a bad outcome. He just gets back to work and locks-in. And that's the part of his game that most resembles Jimmy's....in a good way.

ALOT of QBs can get too emotional from one outcome to the next. And it has a snowball effect on their confidence, which starts to seep into other aspects of their play and next thing you know, its avalanche heading downhill.

For a young QB, Purdy is just really poised and understands the task at hand. Just make the plays that are there to be made. Don't over-do it, but don't be extra cautious/passive either. He walks that line perfectly, as of now. That is a very underrated intangible that is missing from alot of QBs who feel like they have to go out and create yards to justify why they should be on the field.

• Like 2

Does anyone else find Nick Bosa's lack of outward intensity pretty awesome?  He has a unique sideline demeanor in that he looks half awake out there.  I imagine he has some of the highest quality sleep in the world.

He is such a superior technician out there.  Does the electrician jump up and down when he fixes a light switch, do the plumbers all hug each other after they finish snaking a drain? You put him on the field, and he gets pressures, like, what did you think was going to happen? 

• Like 1