Week 16: San Francisco 49ers vs Washington Commanders

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think solly is the guy that makes sense to me. Especially if this occurred prior to Blair's injury. 

The other option would maybe be Witherspoon, especially after eman had shown what he could do for a few games

Solly makes sense now, but in 2019 he was a number three overall pick who had played only a year and a half.  I don't recall the exact timeline of the Blair injury.  Once the defense made the change from Witherspoon to E-man, everything went up a knotch.  I used to call Witherspoon the easy button.  I am glad he is doing better in Pittsburg, but I could see the team having him on the block.

14 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Solly makes sense now, but in 2019 he was a number three overall pick who had played only a year and a half.  I don't recall the exact timeline of the Blair injury.  Once the defense made the change from Witherspoon to E-man, everything went up a knotch.  I used to call Witherspoon the easy button.  I am glad he is doing better in Pittsburg, but I could see the team having him on the block.

It was already pretty clear what solly was in 2019 (and he was 2.5 years into his career at that point - he was drafted in 2017) 

7 hours ago, Ataal said:

I just wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation of our quarterback situation.  A lot of people would be pretty down on their team if they were down to their 3rd string quarterback, but we're still competitive with the last pick of the draft at the helm.  I think even if we're down to our 4th string, we're still pretty competitive.  Maybe not superbowl bound, but would put up a fight against an above average team.  The defense keeping teams under 15 points does help, of course.

Watching the Jets last night......holy moly.  That is an absolute dumpster fire.  Longest playoff drought in the NFL and they were so close.  Still technically in the hunt, but... It doesn't look good going forward.  Feel bad for their fans.

As for this game, it feels like a game we could lose, but shouldn't.  10 days rest, so hopefully we don't come out rusty.  I don't want to be down 17 - 3 at the half and have to mount a comeback.  

Strangely with the playoffs locked up being down 17-3 would be a good test for the youngbuck to see if he can lead a comeback in that type of situation, which will inevitably happen the more games he plays, if he gets that chance. Not that I'd advocate for that situation, but that's how I'd look at it if they got in a jam these last three games.