Week 16 Gameday Thread (Christmas Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (6-8-0) at Miami Dolphins (8-6-0)

Striker

As far as the Playoff Picture goes- assuming we win out:

Giants(8-5-1): Current #6 Seed. One more win makes them uncatchable, leaving us with #7 or bust.
Washington(7-6-1): Current #7 Seed. Only two more wins needed to beat us.
Seattle(7-7)/Detroit(7-7): Only two more wins needed to force tiebreakers. Three to eliminate us.
Three more teams stand at 5-9 but are mathematically still in the race until either Washington/Seattle/Detroit win twice(Washington can technically only need to win once).

Edited by Zycho32

Dolphins lost to Buffalo in Buffalo on a last second field goal on Saturday in the snow.  Who knows which Dolphins team will show up on Xmas, but I’m sure their arses will be a bit red.  GB is playing with renewed spirit and will be looking to keep their playoff hopes alive.  Should be a fun game.

Guessing it’s going to be a barn-burner.

last 5G for MIA:

132PF-135PA (equiv to #5 off, #32 def)

last 5G for GB:

133PF-126PA (equiv to #5 off, #26 def)

MIN is actually similar. DET is the only one of the last 3 opponents whose defenses is playing well. But all 3 offenses are balling out, esp DET, who is 30ppg. This could be an ugly finish for Joe Barry.

This will be the game that makes the tank official and gets Barry fired.

Given Barry's philosophy of, "Let's do exactly what the team we're playing would love for us to do and hope it confuses them enough they don't believe it,"

I fully expect us to go single high or cover 0 without moving Jaire and Rasul into man coverage on Waddle/Hill.

We'll probably, "Make them beat us by throwing the ball."

I wonder what the record for most 60 yard touchdowns in a game is. I think we're going to find out.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Given Barry's philosophy of, "Let's do exactly what the team we're playing would love for us to do and hope it confuses them enough they don't believe it,"

I fully expect us to go single high or cover 0 without moving Jaire and Rasul into man coverage on Waddle/Hill.

I wonder what the record for most 60 yard touchdowns in a game is. I think we're going to find out.

I can't wait for him to drop Preston Smith into a zone with Hill running across the middle of the field.

Gotta take a timeout to recognize Mason Crosby.  On Christmas Day againt the Dolphins Mason Crosby will break a record.  

No player in Packer history will have put that Packer uniform on more times than Crosby.  

Yes, he's old and a kicker, but still.  Well done Mr Crosby!!!!!!

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

8-yard cushions on Hill and Waddle every snap.