Week 16 Gameday Thread (Christmas Day Edition) - Green Bay Packers (6-8-0) at Miami Dolphins (8-6-0)

Striker

15 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Gotta take a timeout to recognize Mason Crosby.  On Christmas Day againt the Dolphins Mason Crosby will break a record.  

No player in Packer history will have put that Packer uniform on more times than Crosby.  

Yes, he's old and a kicker, but still.  Well done Mr Crosby!!!!!!

@skibrett15

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

This is a guess of course since JA/Douglass will be so far off they won't be visible on camera pre-snap.

Teams have had success against Miami playing press so I look forward to a steady diet of zone.

I'm expecting the passing equivalent of the absurd Philly rushing total

Edited by Mr Bad Example

22 hours ago, Zycho32 said:

As far as the Playoff Picture goes- assuming we win out:

Giants(8-5-1): Current #6 Seed. One more win makes them uncatchable, leaving us with #7 or bust.
Washington(7-6-1): Current #7 Seed. Only two more wins needed to beat us.
Seattle(7-7)/Detroit(7-7): Only two more wins needed to force tiebreakers. Three to eliminate us.
Three more teams stand at 5-9 but are mathematically still in the race until either Washington/Seattle/Detroit win twice(Washington can technically only need to win once).

I would say the Giants ... Scratch em off.  They probably lose to Minny this weekend, but they got Indy the following week, which never know but I think an unlikely loss for them.  They got Philly the final week, but likely the Eagles will play their backups most of that game.

The Commanders have a good chance of losing to SF this weekend.  Not so good a chance of losing to Cleveland, and then there's Dallas which will be too close to call right now.  I think the Cowboys do have more talent on paper, but as we seen against us and the Jags this last weekend, never underestimate McCarthy's ability to choke away should be wins.

Seattle I could actually see losing their next two.  At KC for sure, and I feel like even against the Jets they just might find a way to blow it.

The Lions are the ones who got it milk toast right now.  Up against the bad Panthers and awful Bears .... Also ... Bad news is even if we won out and beat them in the finale, we would still be eliminated if they win their next two because they'd have us beat in the common opponents category, which would go into effect because we'd have the same divisional and conference record.

So .... Yup we gotta hold our noses this Sunday and cheer on Minny, SF, and CAR

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Us winning out and still missing the playoffs because the Lions beat the Bears and Panthers would be absolutely brutal. 

If the commanders lose two of three, lions can beat bears and panthers and we still get in.

If seahawks giants and commanders lose out, and lions win out except against us -> lions and packers make playoffs.

1 hour ago, LLcheesehead12 said:

I would say the Giants ... Scratch em off.  They probably lose to Minny this weekend, but they got Indy the following week, which never know but I think an unlikely loss for them.  They got Philly the final week, but likely the Eagles will play their backups most of that game.

The Commanders have a good chance of losing to SF this weekend.  Not so good a chance of losing to Cleveland, and then there's Dallas which will be too close to call right now.  I think the Cowboys do have more talent on paper, but as we seen against us and the Jags this last weekend, never underestimate McCarthy's ability to choke away should be wins.

Seattle I could actually see losing their next two.  At KC for sure, and I feel like even against the Jets they just might find a way to blow it.

The Lions are the ones who got it milk toast right now.  Up against the bad Panthers and awful Bears .... Also ... Bad news is even if we won out and beat them in the finale, we would still be eliminated if they win their next two because they'd have us beat in the common opponents category, which would go into effect because we'd have the same divisional and conference record.

So .... Yup we gotta hold our noses this Sunday and cheer on Minny, SF, and CAR

I might be mistaken, but I believe in this scenario both us and the Lions would have gone 3-5 in common non-divisional opponents.

8 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

If the commanders lose two of three, lions can beat bears and panthers and we still get in.

If seahawks giants and commanders lose out, and lions win out except against us -> lions and packers make playoffs.

LOL! You dream much? 

My dream scenario is Lions come to Lambeau needing to beat us to get in and Jordan Loves lights them up. 

Sorry. I don't see us winning the next two games. 

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

LOL! You dream much? 

My dream scenario is Lions come to Lambeau needing to beat us to get in and Jordan Loves lights them up. 

Sorry. I don't see us winning the next two games. 

It was one of the surprising outcomes I noticed when i was running permutations on the playoff simulator. Not an impossible outcome by any stretch of the imagination. 

If both teams get in, are 1) we exchaning avatars - 2) calling it off - or 3) higher seed wins it. 

My dream scenario is we throttle the dolphins, vikings, and lions. Then we bounce either the vikings and or 49ers from playoffs. Then we defeat jaylen hurts and company en route to the super bowl victory everyone pretends they didnt lose faith in.