Week 16 GDT: Denver (4-10) @ Los Angeles Rams (4-10) - Xmas Day, 230 MT

Broncofan

3 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Also, I think I’m officially on Team You’ve Gotta Give Hackett Another Year. Imagine giving a new head coach a QB worse than Paxton Lynch and expecting him to succeed. 

Hackett had a lot to do with Wilson being here.

Posted this in the draft thread, but figured it would be more talked about here. 

I understand there are times the OL is just getting destroyed and there’s nothing to be done, but there’s a lot of times the OL is getting blamed for sacks when Wilson needs to be getting rid of the ball, problem is he doesn’t know where to go.  Tony Romo pointed this out multiple times vs the Rams.

In terms of sack being weighted into a QBs QBR (sack is expected points added with low leverage plays down weighted) Wilson has been one of the worst if not the worst in the NFL during his career.  His average ranking over 11 years is 28th in the NFL and his average score is -18.5.  This season he is 33rd with a 19.4, so this is a typical season in that category for Wilson.  He’s actually had 3 worse years in 2018, ‘19, and ‘20 where he had scores of -23.5, 20.6, and 20.7.

Again, I know the OL isn’t good, but Wilson is the worst QB in the league at helping an OL out.  The best finish he’s actually ever had in that category is 22nd in the league and that was his rookie year.  That’s an 11 year sample.

• Like 4

Man.. Pete Carroll looks like a god damned living legend right now for the fleece job they put on us lol. Don’t get me wrong, I was just as excited as anybody else. And I would have pulled the same trigger in a heart beat. But wow did they take us for a ride.. At least we found found two positives this season. Dulcich is going to develop into a pretty decent weapon I think. And Jeudy finally looks the part. Perhaps he may end up living up to his draft potential after all. Can’t help but wonder what his numbers would look like this season if they’d been playing him as the X receiver all season. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I don’t think that’s really the case. If you’re a new head coach last summer and you’re asked, ‘would you like to have Drew Lock or Russ Wilson as your QB?’, literally every person in the world would have taken Russ. 

That wasn't really the question though.  It was Drew Lock or trade him, two starters, two firsts, two seconds, a $250 million dollar contract and you can have Russ.

28 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

That wasn't really the question though.  It was Drew Lock or trade him, two starters, two firsts, two seconds, a $250 million dollar contract and you can have Russ.

And to 98% of the NFL world, that was the right move.

Credit to those very few who didn’t like the trade but I’m done relitigating the past and I’m even more sick by the Monday morning QBing going on out there in the radio and on social acting like this was a colossal screw up by George, Hackett and everyone else, when 8 months ago these same clowns were out there shouting it was the best acquisition the Broncos have ever made. 

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

And to 98% of the NFL world, that was the right move.

Credit to those very few who didn’t like the trade but I’m done relitigating the past and I’m even more sick by the Monday morning QBing going on out there in the radio and on social acting like this was a colossal screw up by George, Hackett and everyone else, when 8 months ago these same clowns were out there shouting it was the best acquisition the Broncos have ever made. 

I have never been a Russ Wilson fan.  Always seemed like a bit of a fraud to me.  Didn’t like a lot of what his former teammates had said about him.  When this trade was made I supported it though.  From an on field production standpoint I never thought he could be this bad. 

• Like 1