Week 16 GDT: Denver (4-10) @ Los Angeles Rams (4-10) - Xmas Day, 230 MT

Broncofan

25 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I have never been a Russ Wilson fan.  Always seemed like a bit of a fraud to me.  Didn’t like a lot of what his former teammates had said about him.  When this trade was made I supported it though.  From an on field production standpoint I never thought he could be this bad. 

Yeah, they had no choice. There wasn't any QB's worth taking in the 2022 draft. This coming draft, though, I think they have to scout some of these second and third round prospects more (A. Richardson, Hooker, Jalen Hall, etc...). For example, I hear that Richardson has a great arm and athleticism, but no accuracy (Jake Locker 2.0, maybe?). 

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

32 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

And to 98% of the NFL world, that was the right move.

Credit to those very few who didn’t like the trade but I’m done relitigating the past and I’m even more sick by the Monday morning QBing going on out there in the radio and on social acting like this was a colossal screw up by George, Hackett and everyone else, when 8 months ago these same clowns were out there shouting it was the best acquisition the Broncos have ever made. 

Amen

• Like 2

That push by Risner was the best since his rookie year. Pretty sure if wasn’t a “local” kid he would be a PS player(which is currently better than most of the current group). 

Didn’t watch today but honestly what’s the point? We aren’t going to score 30 in a game this year and I’d be ok if they blacked out our last games. 

Honestly there are maybe 3 players who shouldn’t be embarrassed with their play - Jeudy, Sutton & Murray (ok maybe Edmonds).     

EVERYONE else - embarrassing.   The only silver lining is it will end the crazy talk Hackett deserves a 2nd year.    That mercifully ends now.    The worst O, the most penalized team, and terrible 1H performances.   Those all still fall under Hackett’s oversight.   At least the misguided narrative he still had the locker room dies.   

Wilson though needs to be at the front of the line to step up and take the blame.  Yes the OL sucks.   Yes the game prep / coaching sucks.   But those 3 picks and 2-3 of the sacks were all him.     But we’re stuck with him (and no Rypien isn’t the answer - we see so many examples of what his physical limits are - today was no different, sadly - nothing against him).   

We definitely should sign the CFL guy and invite him to camp, and if a Hendon Hooker is there on Day 3, or Max Duggan late Day 3 / UDFA - why not.   Honestly if for no other reason than to demonstrate accountability matters.  

I called a DEN win so long as we stayed TO-neutral, established the run, and accounted for their TE’s.   I should have added stop the run - but that was a given.   Instead we go -4 leading to 24 pts, let the TE’s go 13-140-2 and let Cam Akers go 100+.  

Full credit to McVay he knew our weaknesses on D and exploited them mercilessly.   The D certainly quit though tonight - I can’t blame them you can only tolerate so much - but at least it kills the narrative Hackett somehow should stay because he gets everyone to play hard.   Undisciplined, poor tackling and poor effort.  Again Wilson and OL deserve the brunt on O - but everyone but the WR group (and lesser extent RB’s) should be embarrassed.  

The killer part is the KC game 2H gave real hope we were making progress.  The only real legit hope from the last 3 games is that Jeudy really appears to be taking that next step - coming back after getting hurt and made 2-3 contested catches and YAC, deserves the only nod with Sutton (after that horrible 1st drive - which TBH was brutal both ways - why call a 50-50 ball as 1st play of game <coaches> then abysmal 3rd down decision / throw <Wilson>).   Everything else - UGH.     

Edited by Broncofan

14 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

This is just wild. He’s not even a CFL level QB at this point. If he’s not dealing with a significant injury, you’ve gotta cut him this offseason, take your gigantic penalty in 2023, and start over in 2024. 

I feel Russ needs to be shown the door.  Sign a guy like Baker if we can, someone who is down and out and needs to rise.  Someone we sign for cheap and fn HOPE he excels like Baker is finally doing.  Practice squad Russ and hopefully that move so humiliates him he retires or forces a trade as he takes a massive pay cut with that trade.  Failing that the Waltons hire a fixer to take him out and resolve him as a Bronco employee.   PS it's the day after Christmas so though a little ridiculous and not in the spirit of the season I think there are some points made here, lol.    It's got to get better right..............right?

At least the L served a purpose - Hackett’s last game.   I’d like to think it was inevitable but if it helped in any way to speed things up then at least something good came out of that embrassment.  

My time as GDT starter comes to an end - while I doubt we win either of the next 2 weeks, it’s nice to root for the W not worrying it could somehow lead to giving Hackett more time.    My blood pressure control is already better.  

Edited by Broncofan