Week 16: JAX Jags vs NY Jets

Bobby816

So we pretty much have to win out to have any chance at the playoffs. And it starts this Thursday. Much like last week... JAX like DET is coming into this game hot. JAX is now eyeing the playoffs with TEN in their division slipping. So make no mistake that we'll be getting everything they've got in this one.

On defense... JAX is a well balanced team offensively. They mix the run game with Etienne nicely with their passing game. TLaw is playing at a high level lately. But he's also never faced a secondary like ours. Best thing we can do is confuse the heck out of him and pressure him. Defense hasn't been the reason we've lost these last few weeks... but the pass rush wasn't good against DET. That HAS TO be better. Signs look good for Q to return, so we know how big that will be. Also JAX lost their best OLineman in Robinson last week for the season. So the DEs need to attack that. I want Huff out there more to be honest. I like our CBs chances against guys like both Jones' and Kirk. Something that wasn't talked about last week, was our worst player on defense was MC2. He was getting beat constantly. He's had a nice season. But against Kirk will be a good test for him to bounce back.

On offense... we might hear today who our starter is. Game plan for me changes quite a bit based on whos at QB. If it's White work those quick hitters to GW and Moore. With Wilson work play action A LOT, he's best on the run by design. It also looks like we'll be getting Davis back for this one, which will be big. But likely without Mims. JAX defense has loads of talent. But it's very young talent. So it's on MLF to confuse that young defense. While JAX has been hot. They still give up a lot of points. So whoever is at QB needs to score. We cant keep trying to win games scoring less than 20. Multiple TD games need to be the norm for us.

I think we know what's on the line and win this one. Keeping those playoff hopes alive 1 more week.

JAX: 17

NYJ: 24

We have so many injuries throughout this team that it is hard to stay consistent. 

Hopefully Quinnen Williams is good to go, the DL looked much different without him in the middle. 

Looks like Bam Knight won't play, no Mims, no Davis.  It'll probably be Wilson starting again. 

The Jets playoffs starts this Thursday. Like everyone has stated we need to win out to make it. I still think the Jets win out they are in. The Miami game is going to be HUGE!!!!

I think White does play here. He will have the rib protector on and be ready to go. He almost went last week. Then you add a nice long break to go over to seattle will help. Q will play too which is HUGE!! I think Q was almost a go last week. The jags will be on a short week and then you add they are going from warm to cold too which is very hard to do. I think the Jets CB just shut down the O with Q pushing the middle. I think this game the Jets come out incontrol from start to finish. 

Jets 24

Jags 10

Now if White does not play and Wilson starts I think they lose this game. Wilson just makes too many mistakes and he never completes more than 55% which is god awful. 

Jets 13

Jags 17

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

The Jets playoffs starts this Thursday. Like everyone has stated we need to win out to make it. I still think the Jets win out they are in. The Miami game is going to be HUGE!!!!

I think White does play here. He will have the rib protector on and be ready to go. He almost went last week. Then you add a nice long break to go over to seattle will help. Q will play too which is HUGE!! I think Q was almost a go last week. The jags will be on a short week and then you add they are going from warm to cold too which is very hard to do. I think the Jets CB just shut down the O with Q pushing the middle. I think this game the Jets come out incontrol from start to finish. 

Jets 24

Jags 10

Now if White does not play and Wilson starts I think they lose this game. Wilson just makes too many mistakes and he never completes more than 55% which is god awful. 

Jets 13

Jags 17

The Jets have a 98% chance to make the playoffs if they win out lol the question is can they do it 

Might actually have to activate and run Robinson in this game. Carter has simply been horrible between the tackles, partially on him and partially because our entire OL is just horrible.

If Zach starts I really don't know what to think. I think Daniel Jeremiah put it best this week. Zach is the HR hitter who strikeouts out a ton and hits for a low BA but may hit you 40 bombs a year. Mike White is more of a base knock guy who gets on more and is always making contact. In this offense, the contact hitter is just way better suited. We had a few nice chunk plays, but they weren't exactly terrific throws. Jeff Smith came back on an underthrown ball and Wilson made an excellent adjustment on another. Still credit Zach for airing it out. The problem is without those chunk plays the offense was horrific otherwise. That isn't sustainable. It nice that he looks like he is confident to throw those balls but he has got to hit the intermediate and short passes if hes ever going to have success. 

If Q can go it is a major boost on D. I want more JJ and Huff on the edge. Lawson simply is not impactful. He also is not nearly as disruptive as we thought. The "pressure" stat is also highly subjective and simply isnt translating to production. The LBs also need to substantially step up. Just horrible games the last few weeks and a ton of misreads and mistakes. 

I think while we will fight hard we are starting to drown and this isn't a staff that has the schematic adjustments to make immediate changes.

JAX  24

NYJ  13

21 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Looks like crappy weather for this one. Would think that would give us the advantage.

This should be an Engram/Kirk game on offense for us. Don’t even see the need to target Marvin or Zay Jones on Thursday. 

Yeah we cant stop TEs or the run so I dont expect this game to even be that close. We also have the worst QB in football playing as well. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

And just like that the Jets will lose this game. I have no faith in Wilson. It was just reported Wilson will start. This is just crushing news for the Jets and the playoff hopes. 

Hard to really expect otherwise. The kid is simply not very good. I expect us to lose but double digits. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Might actually have to activate and run Robinson in this game. Carter has simply been horrible between the tackles, partially on him and partially because our entire OL is just horrible.

If Zach starts I really don't know what to think. I think Daniel Jeremiah put it best this week. Zach is the HR hitter who strikeouts out a ton and hits for a low BA but may hit you 40 bombs a year. Mike White is more of a base knock guy who gets on more and is always making contact. In this offense, the contact hitter is just way better suited. We had a few nice chunk plays, but they weren't exactly terrific throws. Jeff Smith came back on an underthrown ball and Wilson made an excellent adjustment on another. Still credit Zach for airing it out. The problem is without those chunk plays the offense was horrific otherwise. That isn't sustainable. It nice that he looks like he is confident to throw those balls but he has got to hit the intermediate and short passes if hes ever going to have success. 

If Q can go it is a major boost on D. I want more JJ and Huff on the edge. Lawson simply is not impactful. He also is not nearly as disruptive as we thought. The "pressure" stat is also highly subjective and simply isnt translating to production. The LBs also need to substantially step up. Just horrible games the last few weeks and a ton of misreads and mistakes. 

I think while we will fight hard we are starting to drown and this isn't a staff that has the schematic adjustments to make immediate changes.

JAX  24

NYJ  13

Whites already been ruled out