Week 16: JAX Jags vs NY Jets

Bobby816

I hope this game put the rest of the reporters/media/fans who thought Zach can be a QB to rest now. The guy is worse than hot garbage. I fior one would have him in street clothes the rest of the year. Then try to move him during draft day to a team thart missed on a QB. Msybe you can get a 3rd but most likely a 4th for him. This is Mike White team. Your not going to find a better QB than him in FA or in the draft. Oh by the way I hate these QB's in this years draft. This years draft of QB's maybe has 1 or 2 guys that might be able to have a career as a starter but they will not be top 15 QB's. This is why you go with Mike White. Lamar will sign with Ravens and all the other QB's in FA are no better than White. Stick with White the team loves him and the fans.

I knew once Wilson was the starter the Jets lost this game. SMH

46 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hope this game put the rest of the reporters/media/fans who thought Zach can be a QB to rest now. The guy is worse than hot garbage. I fior one would have him in street clothes the rest of the year. Then try to move him during draft day to a team thart missed on a QB. Msybe you can get a 3rd but most likely a 4th for him. This is Mike White team. Your not going to find a better QB than him in FA or in the draft. Oh by the way I hate these QB's in this years draft. This years draft of QB's maybe has 1 or 2 guys that might be able to have a career as a starter but they will not be top 15 QB's. This is why you go with Mike White. Lamar will sign with Ravens and all the other QB's in FA are no better than White. Stick with White the team loves him and the fans.

I knew once Wilson was the starter the Jets lost this game. SMH

Yeah I don’t think he even serves a purpose on the team next year unless he’s strictly a developmental #3 they have no intention of putting on the field. 

I like White and think he’s good enough if he can stay healthy but that’s become an unfortunate question mark.

Well a ran out of chances for Zach. I’d still love to be proved wrong with him. But we screwed up yet again for like the 50th time in a row in not choosing a good QB. Turn the page. Start White the rest of the way and make a big move for a QB in the off-season. Bc White isn’t the answer at QB either. He’s a good backup and that’s it. He has loads of limitations as well. Go big for a proven guy in a trade package or something. We’re too good of a team to have a QB losing for us weekly. Whole team played like garbage yesterday. But Wilson was straight trash as well. 

What gets me is that he can’t throw deep. Every time I see him set and windup thinking he’s going to howitzer it out of the stadium he throws pop fly to the middle of the field. That throw to Corey should have been a walk in TD but Zach ducked it. Where’s all this arm strength I heard about?

I love Joe Douglas because you can see he gets it, but man have his free agent signings been horrible. DJ Reed is the one true hit. He has a ton of work to do for this team to actually be taken serious next year. QB, major changes on OL (can't run it back with failures nor pencil mitchell in as a starter). LBs can stop the run whatsoever and are liabilities in coverage. FS needs an upgrade too. Might also be nice to have a DT next to Q who eats up space in the middle.

I think Douglas is safe after this past draft, but Saleh has to make significant changes to this staff. If MLF is still here, I am not sure Saleh makes it to year 4. Very disappointed in this staff. Just not good enough and frankly next to no creativity. I really hope JD and Saleh acknowledges the glaring dead weight on this team and look to really fix the issues. 

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I love Joe Douglas because you can see he gets it, but man have his free agent signings been horrible. DJ Reed is the one true hit. He has a ton of work to do for this team to actually be taken serious next year. QB, major changes on OL (can't run it back with failures nor pencil mitchell in as a starter). LBs can stop the run whatsoever and are liabilities in coverage. FS needs an upgrade too. Might also be nice to have a DT next to Q who eats up space in the middle.

I think Douglas is safe after this past draft, but Saleh has to make significant changes to this staff. If MLF is still here, I am not sure Saleh makes it to year 4. Very disappointed in this staff. Just not good enough and frankly next to no creativity. I really hope JD and Saleh acknowledges the glaring dead weight on this team and look to really fix the issues. 

2023 is playoffs or bust for me. I like Douglas and Saleh but everyone said it at the time they made the pick - they were tying their careers to Zach Wilson. If 2023 is sunk because these two can’t figure out a way to field an NFL caliber offense, doesn’t matter if it’s the QB, offensive line, weapons, then we need to re evaluate both of them at seasons end.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

2023 is playoffs or bust for me. I like Douglas and Saleh but everyone said it at the time they made the pick - they were tying their careers to Zach Wilson. If 2023 is sunk because these two can’t figure out a way to field an NFL caliber offense, doesn’t matter if it’s the QB, offensive line, weapons, then we need to re evaluate both of them at seasons end.

I would still probably let Douglas hire another HC if Saleh fails next year. I feel like hes done too much positive work to tear down the roster he inherited and rebuild it from scratch. Its a good roster, it needs some work and better coaching. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I would still probably let Douglas hire another HC if Saleh fails next year. I feel like hes done too much positive work to tear down the roster he inherited and rebuild it from scratch. Its a good roster, it needs some work and better coaching. 

I like most of what Douglas has done lately but Wilson was his guy. It’s now up to him to correct his mistake because without a QB nothing else he does will be good enough.

LOL JD is not going anywhere no matter what happens in 2023. He just had one of the best draft classes in Jets history last year and people want to move on from  him after next year if they stink. LOL. Saleh on the other had could lose his job if the Jets miss the playoffs next year too. I'm stil sticking with the Mike White comes in and beats Seattle and Miami and finish the season strong. He will be the starter next year. Just like people thought Seattle was crazy going in with Geno as their starter. I think teams are trying to find that good QB that will not cost them 25% of the salary cap. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

LOL JD is not going anywhere no matter what happens in 2023. He just had one of the best draft classes in Jets history last year and people want to move on from  him after next year if they stink. LOL. Saleh on the other had could lose his job if the Jets miss the playoffs next year too. I'm stil sticking with the Mike White comes in and beats Seattle and Miami and finish the season strong. He will be the starter next year. Just like people thought Seattle was crazy going in with Geno as their starter. I think teams are trying to find that good QB that will not cost them 25% of the salary cap. 

If they stink next year Douglas record would be WELL below .500 after 4 seasons lol use a little perspective 

No one ever said they wanted to get rid of Douglas after next year with any kind of specificity 

Edited by GangGreen420

Unless there is a huge setback in 2023 or a great HC hits the market, I want to let JD and Saleh continue building. 

Saleh has been a good leader and the amount of talent tripled in one offseason. We can knock Saleh’s clock management, Ulbrich being too soft and MLF fooling himself as to our coaching issues.