Week 16: JAX Jags vs NY Jets

Bobby816

On 12/20/2022 at 11:45 AM, GangGreen420 said:

This lazy take has been beaten to death

Win loss record doesn’t matter for either of them. Context does though 

Context being that in two of whites three games he failed to throw for a TD and they were both losses? White is a good dink and dunker but struggles when defenses condense down near the endzones. 

19 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed but I can't even get into these debates anymore it’s not even worth it. People have their minds made up and that is fine I just don't even have the energy to bother lol. Let's just win Thursday night. I want to make the playoffs so just win. Just going to need significantly cleaner QB&OL play this game. 

The OL is struggling at the worst possible time, it’s a game of attrition in the trenches especially. MLF needs to figure it out. DET had 7+ guys in the box nearly every first down and we keeping running for no gain, and we keep ending up in these bad 3rd down situations. I don’t know if it’s because we can’t get the quick hitters but something has to change this week.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Whites not playing bc we think Wilson > White. He’s out bc he’s not cleared to get hit. And with our OL even if White was in. Wilson would be in by halftime anyway bc of White taking shots.

I meant when he is cleared

On 12/20/2022 at 1:21 PM, jetfuel34 said:

I go by what I see. In White I see a guy that can place the ball really well. He has great footwork and gets the ball out by 2 seconds or less. He even throws the ball before the WR makes his cut. The INTS he has thrown where dropped balls or last play throw. 

So he can place the ball "really well", has great fundamentals, throws the ball lightening quick and throws his receivers open.... 

And yet, despite the qualities you just described, he couldn't throw a single touchdown pass in his past two games, resulting in two straight losses.

I mean, the way you just described him... Great accuracy, great mechanics, super fast release, high football iq.... Certainly sounds like a perfect QB. That's the kinda stuff that makes it seem like you're either a Zach hater or MW fanboy...

Zach's not good at this point. White is currently a better QB. Neither are without glaring issues at this point. Zach has the higher physical attributes. He has the potential, if coached right, to be better than white.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drew39k said:

Context being that in two of whites three games he failed to throw for a TD and they were both losses? White is a good dink and dunker but struggles when defenses condense down near the endzones. 

The advanced numbers don’t support the dink and dunk thing. Unless you’re looking at something else? 

I mean Zach Wilson threw for 4 touchdowns in 7 games? I don’t think we can use wins or losses or touchdowns thrown  as a metric to judge either of them.

5 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

The advanced numbers don’t support the dink and dunk thing. Unless you’re looking at something else? 

I mean Zach Wilson threw for 4 touchdowns in 7 games? I don’t think we can use wins or losses or touchdowns thrown  as a metric to judge either of them.

From what I've seen this far from MW, he seems to be pretty decent at racking up yards by taking the open underneath stuff and dump offs. Maybe I'm wrong in calling that dink and dunk, but it seems like, as he gets closer to the endzones and the defenses condense he struggles to move the ball, leading to more field goals and less touchdowns that you would expect from someone throwing over 300 yards. Maybe it's a MW issue or maybe it's a ML issue. Either way, there's an issue there.

QB talk (which there have been some laughable takes on here) and bad oline play aside we need to improve in special team returns and turnover differential.  Directly correlates with our losing streak. We are not talented enough with our current active roster to overcome this against good teams. We have lost every game recently by one possession. It would certainly help if we had one of these go our way. 

9 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

How’s Bam looking? If he’s good to go I love our chances. And I’d be really excited for this game. 

Not sure. But I think if Carter is starting. That’s no drop off really. The OL needs to be better to have a run game. Not Knight or Carter better.

10 hours ago, drew39k said:

. Either way, there's an issue there.

Yes there is. In the Minny game there did not seem to be too many open receivers in the end zone. The pass to Berrios was a very tight fit. It seems that because teams do not respect our run game they can focus on just the pass. LaFleur needs to figure something out.