The Return of the Rock (Pocic)

brooks1957

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think you’re wrong, but Harris is just a huge question mark given his lack of experience.

If Pocic can be brought back at a reasonable number I think we’d be crazy not to.

Yeah, I'll get it if the FO gambles  and goes with Harris, but he's looked good in one game. Plus, he'll be a free agent after next season so we'd have to pay a center sooner or later anyway. I'm not saying pay Pocic a massive deal, as he's only been good this season, but I'm definitely bringing him back if he's willing to come back at a reasonable price.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, I'll get it if the FO gambles  and goes with Harris, but he's looked good in one game. Plus, he'll be a free agent after next season so we'd have to pay a center sooner or later anyway. I'm not saying pay Pocic a massive deal, as he's only been good this season, but I'm definitely bringing him back if he's willing to come back at a reasonable price.

I think the fact that Harris is a FA next year will be a big factor.  It’s not like we’d have 3 years left on his deal or anything, it’s 17 games and then we’re looking again.  

Unless Deaton is the plan in ‘24…

It’s so extremely difficult finding quality offensive linemen. It makes more sense to resign Pocic and let guys like Kareem and Jadeveon walk.

It’s why I think we need to resign Jedrick too. He’s not a pro bowler, but OTs coming out of college are horrible. They’re all just athletes who don’t know how to play.

Edited by candyman93

On 12/22/2022 at 8:26 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

I still think Harris could be better and we are overrating Pocic.

There, I said it

are we really overrating Pocic? The dude had been playing great and we truly saw the impact he was making after they lost him to injury. I know a week or two before he was hurt he was being graded out by PFF as a top3 center.

On 12/23/2022 at 10:06 AM, DawgX said:

Yeah you slightly reward him for playing great this year. That will allow you to lock him up cheaper if possible. I think he is young enough that he could be here for awhile

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

are we really overrating Pocic? The dude had been playing great and we truly saw the impact he was making after they lost him to injury. I know a week or two before he was hurt he was being graded out by PFF as a top3 center.

Probably not, I’m just was bullish on Harris after that GB game. 😂

• Like 1