Top-10 QBs Going into 2023

WizeGuy

We did this last year- so what say y'all?!

My list:

1) Mahomes

2) Allen

3) Burrow

4) Hurts

5) Herbert

I'll finish my list later! I'm at work and have to get my day started.

These QBs will battle for spots 6-10:

Prescott, Goff, Rodgers, Lawrence, Carr, Tua, Cousins, G. Smith, & Brady.

I think Rodgers is getting a little too much disrespect after two MVP seasons. He’s building chemistry with his young wideouts. He has not fallen off a cliff. Remember when people thought Brady fell off a cliff in 2019?

1. Mahomes

2. Allen

3. Rodgers

4. Burrow

5. Herbert

6. Tua

7. Tom Brady

8. Trevor Lawrence

9. Deshaun Watson

10. Jalen Hurts

Yeah I’ll get some heat for some of these as always, and that’s fine. Hurts is the style of QB that usually has a MVP season, and then teams have tapes of their style of play, and they never play at that MVP level again. Lamar in 2019, Cam in 2015… also RGIII rookie year and Vick 2010. Many many examples. 

I am EXTREMELY impressed with Hurts. I thought he was a complete scrub Bottom 8 QB entering this season. I was wrong. So don’t sit here and act like I am disrespecting Hurts. But we have seen this mobile style of play unsustainable soooo many times after teams have one year of tape of that MVP season. 

- Watson in the Top 10 is based off his skillset and past. I’m thinking he’s knocking rust off and needs time. 

- Lawrence might be too soon to put at #8 but the final 60% of the regular season, (and games 2 and 3), he has played just as well as ANY QB in the NFL .

- Tua at 6… yes. The man doesn’t turn the ball over often, is EXTREMELY smart, A+ pocket presence, one of the most accurate passers in the league, very tough, and one of the best throwers in the NFL at throwing with anticipation. Burrow and Tua are the two best in the NFL at throwing with anticipation and throwing their guy open IMO. 

The 2020 Draft Class could go down even better than the 2004 draft class if they keep going at this pace. FOUR guys in the Top 10. Crazy. Will Jordan Love emerge at some point to? Unlikely but definitely possible. 

Least Improved QB in one year ever: Russell Wilson. Jesus. Maybe a new coach will help. I also think Russ came into this season overweight (destroying his mobility), and also cocky. We will find out next year is Russ if truly washed, or if this season was an anomaly. 

Edited by BayRaider

25 minutes ago, General Tso said:

The amount of AFC QBs compared to NFC is crazy. NFC is still wide open next year.

Yeah it’s crazy…. out of my Top 11 QB’s:

AFC:

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow

Herbert

Tua

Lawrence

Watson

Lamar

NFC:

Rodgers (retire in a few years)

Brady (might be final year)

Hurts

*=I think they’ll jump to next tier by end of 2023.

Tier 1: Allen, Mahomes

Tier 2: Herbert*, Burrow

Tier 3: Lamar, Hurts, Dak, Tua, Lawrence*, Stafford

Rodgers and Brady I’m just not sure about. Nothing would surprise me from them. We got tier 3/4 play from them so far in 2022, however, tier 1/2 play in 2023 wouldn’t surprise me if there’s improved talent/coaching around them... Neither would sub tier 4 play, maybe they’re cooked. We’ll see, if they even play.

Watson has only played in 2 games since 2021, not going to rank him.

Mahomes

Burrow

Allen

Herbert (I’m higher on him than most)

Dak (Has little to no consistency at WR behind Lamb… but has the #1 offense in the NFL since his return for a reason)

Hurts (Good player in a great system… wonder how long it continues)

Cousins

Tua

Lamar 

Lawrence (Gaining steam)

15 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Least Improved QB in one year ever: Russell Wilson. Jesus. Maybe a new coach will help. I also think Russ came into this season overweight (destroying his mobility), and also cocky. We will find out next year is Russ if truly washed, or if this season was an anomaly. 

Russ was never that good; he was always at BEST fringe top ten. League worst pocket awareness and just dumb as bricks. Cringey locker room presence too. Seattle got worse when they started to shift their focus from the defense to him. Pete Carroll refused to "let him cook" and got rid of him for a reason. 

I'd say Geno this season is better than anything Russ ever did...and Geno is nothing special either!

Edited by biggie.