Top-10 QBs Going into 2023

WizeGuy

26 minutes ago, Soggust said:

What separates Allen and Burrow for you, just curious? You just feel like Burrow is more product of the system and Allen is more the system?

Nope. I feel Burrow is certainly on his way to that tier. I just feel at this current moment Allen and Mahomes are the most dynamic players at their position. Burrow is closing in though. He's an absolute stud. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Rodgers, Brady, and especially Cousins above Lawrence?

I like Lawrence, I'm just still nervous on him. 

I haven't looked through the stats to confirm this so its probably just me making stuff up, but it feels like a lot of his TDs this year have come when they are way down. Idk that alone means anything, but it really gives off 26td-2int Baker Mayfield vibes to me.

I'm not saying he's not good or he will be Baker or anything other than "I just want to see him do it longer". Because even this season alone, it's definitely solid/good statistically, but it's not out of this world idk. And if, god forbid, he regresses from this season, where does he go?

Again, not writing him off whatsoever, just putting him on hold for now.

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Soggust said:

I haven't looked through the stats to confirm this so its probably just me making stuff up, but it feels like a lot of his TDs this year have come when they are way down. Idk that alone means anything, but it really gives off 26td-2int Baker Mayfield vibes to me.

I'm not saying he's not good or he will be Baker or anything other than "I just want to see him do it longer". Because even this season alone, it's definitely solid/good statistically, but it's not out of this world idk. And if, god forbid, he regresses from this season, where does he go?

Again, not writing him off whatsoever, just putting him on hold for now.

What lol

19 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What lol

idk is 3500 24 and 7 supposed to solidify him over Cousins?

That's like every single year of Cousins' career.

It's not reasonable to just say "hey lets see him do it one more year" after TL put up one of the worst Rookie campaigns in recent memory?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Soggust said:

It's not reasonable to just say "hey lets see him do it one more year" after TL put up one of the worst Rookie campaigns in recent memory?

Nah but these stats should:

Passing Advanced Passing
Rk Player Year QBrec Att Cmp% Y/A+ NY/A+ AY/A+ ANY/A+ Cmp%+ TD%+ Int%+ Sack%+ Rate+
1 Kirk Cousins 2022 11-3-0 544 65.3 98 97 101 100 102 101 105 97 102
2 Trevor Lawrence 2022 6-8-0 500 66.0 99 105 107 110 106 105 118 113 109

3 minutes ago, Soggust said:

He’s been one of the best QB’s in the second half of the season and will finish the year with around 35 TD’s- 10 INT’s. He is ascending. Another year in Pederson’s system. Addition of Calvin Ridley for 2023.

I can’t find 10 QB’s I would take over him heading into next season.

4 hours ago, Soggust said:

Here they are:

Ahead, one possession: 61/90 (67.8%)-629-2-1 (2.2 TD%)

Ahead, two possessions: 14/19(73.7%)-157-2-0 (10.5 TD%)

Total ahead: 97/135 (71.8%)-977-6-1 (4.4 TD%)

Behind, one possession: 99/159 (62.3%)-1145-6-4 (3.7 TD%)

Behind, two possessions: 60/92 (65.2%)-591-6-1 (6.5 TD%)

Total behind: 186/290 (64.1%)-2049-16-5 (5.5 TD%)

Tied: 47/75 (62.7%)-494-2-1 (2.7 TD%)

How that stacks up with the rest of the league, I’m not gonna do right now, lol. Bulk numbers show he does get more TDs from behind, but for a team that‘s got a mediocre record, I imagine that’s just naturally going to be the case. EDIT: Would it actually be better if more of his production came from ahead vs behind? 

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He’s been one of the best QB’s in the second half of the season and will finish the year with around 35 TD’s- 10 INT’s. He is ascending. Another year in Pederson’s system. Addition of Calvin Ridley for 2023.

I can’t find 10 QB’s I would take over him heading into next season.

As was Baker Mayfield in 2020.

He finished the second half of the season as one of the best QBs in football, with a 16-2 TD / INT (TL 14/2 over this stretch), former #1 pick who was turning around his franchise. They were getting him another year in Stefanski's system and were adding more and more talent.

In fact, I recall a certain thread about him cementing himself in the top 10 after that season too. 

It's not crazy to reserve judgment?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What does 2021 have to do with going into 2023? You can't seriously be suggesting we still consider his rookie season under a disastrous Head Coach 2 years later, right?

We can't consider any history prior to 2022 going into 2023? Geno is a top QB going into 2023?

Forget TL's rookie year. Take this year alone. Compare it to Cousin's last 3 years, for example. KC has him beat in Comp %, TD% YPG, ANY/A, Rating etc. 

So why am I ignoring Cousin's history again? Because Urban was a bad coach? edit - this sounds snarky in hindsight i dont really mean it like that. sorry im a dbag

Edited by Soggust

46 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Here they are:

Ahead, one possession: 61/90 (67.8%)-629-2-1 (2.2 TD%)

Ahead, two possessions: 14/19(73.7%)-157-2-0 (10.5 TD%)

Total ahead: 97/135 (71.8%)-977-6-1 (4.4 TD%)

Behind, one possession: 99/159 (62.3%)-1145-6-4 (3.7 TD%)

Behind, two possessions: 60/92 (65.2%)-591-6-1 (6.5 TD%)

Total behind: 186/290 (64.1%)-2049-16-5 (5.5 TD%)

Tied: 47/75 (62.7%)-494-2-1 (2.7 TD%)

How that stacks up with the rest of the league, I’m not gonna do right now, lol. Bulk numbers show he does get more TDs from behind, but for a team that‘s got a mediocre record, I imagine that’s just naturally going to be the case. EDIT: Would it actually be better if more of his production came from ahead vs behind? 

His 6 TD’s behind 2 scores:

Vs Eagles, TD to Agnew to make it 29-21  Eagles (final score)

Vs Raiders, TD to Kirk to make it 20-17 Raiders, Jags won 27-20

Vs Ravens, TD to Agnew to make it 19-17 Ravens, Jags won 28-27

Vs Lions, TD to Engram to make it 30-14 Lions, Lions won 40-14

Vs Cowboys, TD to Zay Jones to make it 14-7 Cowboys, Jags won 40-34

Vs Cowboys, TD to Marvin Jones to make it 27-24 Cowboys, same game as above.

Lets not act like he’s putting up garbage time numbers.

Edited by KhanYouDigIt