Top-10 QBs Going into 2023

WizeGuy

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

I provided the statistics to a guy that said something, so somehow that’s me saying Trevor throws TDs in garbage time? Makes sense if you don’t think about it.

You guys are touchier than the sensitive Lamar fans a few years ago. I’ll keep stats out of this thread from this point on, wouldn’t want to t r i g g e r anyone anymore than I already have by providing facts, lol.

Did I say you said Trevor throws TD’s in garbage time? You quoted a guy that said he does, you posted the stats that included stats when down two scores and I showed 4 of the 6 TD’s when down two scores were in wins.

this isn’t hard. 😂

12 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

I've been watching him for years. I know what kind of player he is by now.

And yet your post showed a clear misunderstanding. Not sure you do. 

The dude just gets disrespected, kind of like Kirk. When Rush was starting there was a huge group of people stating he was the better option in comparison to Dak… while the Cowboys had an offense ranked in the bottom 1/4th of the league. Aaand then Dak comes back and they’re just magically turned into the #1 offense in the league despite him not impressing you for some unknown reason. Keep in mind he was the catalyst for this transformation with very little depth to throw to behind CeeDee Lamb who is just now ascending to a true #1 for the first time in his career. 

Frankly, Burrow (who I think is great) hasn’t been much better even with an elite group of wideouts. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Does taking a 5 TD game away change anything? Uhh I would say a little bit.

lol what?

The point is that Baker had a streak of playing extremely well in 2020, despite it not being the exact last 8(.5) games or whatever of the season.

Why are you excluding it because it happened in week 7 instead of week 8?  Did he not still have an extremely impressive stretch in 2020?

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

lol what?

The point is that Baker had a streak of playing extremely well in 2020, despite it not being the exact last 8(.5) games or whatever of the season.

Why are you excluding it because it happened in week 7 instead of week 8?  Did he not still have an extremely impressive stretch in 2020?

you said second half of the season.

second half in 2020 = games 9-16

5 TD game= game 7

10 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Did I say you said Trevor throws TD’s in garbage time? You quoted a guy that said he does, you posted the stats that included stats when down two scores and I showed 4 of the 6 TD’s when down two scores were in wins.

this isn’t hard. 😂

Guy: I don’t have the numbers in front of me  but 

Me to guy: Here are the numbers

You to me: Let’s not act like Trevor throws TDs in garbage time 

Ahhh, yes I see. Well I want you to be aware that I haven’t officially been given the position of FF-HR Manager yet, so if you have any replies or other whiny complaints, then they should be directed to the person to which you are responding - not to me. No big deal, you didn’t know.

Also, the Lions TD doesn’t count as “two possessions”, you know, with the score being 30-6 and all at the time of the pass. That’s 24 points and thus more than two possessions. What you’re mistakenly confusing that with is the garbage time TD against the Chiefs in that Week 10 loss. No big deal, you didn’t know.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

you said second half of the season.

second half in 2020 = games 9-16

5 TD game= game 7

So he didn't have a stretch of great play?

Or are you going to continue strawmanning this after I explicitly said I was wrong about the weeks. 

Take Baker's 2020 weeks 7-14 (8 games) as the example, if it makes you feel better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

Ahhh, yes I see. Well I want you to be aware that I haven’t officially been given the position of FF-HR Manager yet, so if you have any replies or other whiny complaints, then they should be directed to the person to which you are responding - not to me. No big deal, you didn’t know.

Also, the Lions TD doesn’t count as “two possessions”, you know, with the score being 30-6 and all at the time of the pass. That’s 24 points and thus more than two possessions. What you’re mistakenly confusing that with is the garbage time TD against the Chiefs in that Week 10 loss. No big deal, you didn’t know.

That wasn’t a two score game either. 😂

TD’s against the Chiefs came down 20-0 and down 27-10. 

No big deal, you didn’t know.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Right?

I literally said "I'm prolly just making this up" because it "feels" like he throws a lot of TDs down big.

Then someone fact checks it and even mentions that it doesn't seem irrationally large. 

Seems like no one was really dying on that hill lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soggust said:

So he didn't have a stretch of great play?

Or are you going to continue strawmanning this after I explicitly said I was wrong about the weeks. 

Take Baker's 2020 weeks 7-14 (8 games) as the example, if it makes you feel better. 

Now you wanna cherry pick certain weeks? It gets better and better.

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Now you wanna cherry pick certain weeks? It gets better and better.

You can't be serious.

My only point is that Baker had a stretch of dominance during 2020.

You can argue the semantics over which weeks it happened all you want but the reality is that it still happened. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Soggust said:

You can't be serious.

My only point is that Baker had a stretch of dominance during 2020.

You can argue the semantics over which weeks it happened all you want but the reality is that it still happened. 

Do you think Lawrence is a guy who’s just having a good stretch?

I feel like Baker having a good stretch and Trevor Lawrence going through hell/a season that could crush some QBs to what he is doing now is quite different. Especially just from an eye test/talent perspective.

Not that he’ll keep this pace (he’s legit been probably the top QB in football statistically since week 9), but I have a hard time seeing him falling off to being mediocre or worse at this point.

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Do you think Lawrence is a guy who’s just having a good stretch?

I feel like Baker having a good stretch and Trevor Lawrence going through hell/a season that could crush some QBs to where he is doing now is quite different.

Not that he’ll keep this pace (he’s legit been probably the top QB in football statistically since week 9), but I have a hard time seeing him falling off to being mediocre or worse at this point.

Nope. That's why my initial quote was -

I'm not saying he's not good or he will be Baker or anything other than "I just want to see him do it longer". 

But I also don't think it's completely unreasonable that he regresses slightly (as you admitted, he almost has to due to pace since week 9).

Let's say, for arguments sake, he actually continues this pace and ends the season at 4500 30 and 8.

Next year, he could absolutely take the next step and go into Allen/Burrow territory. Sure. Not out of the question, whatsoever.

But, could he also theoretically regress and put up a 4000 25 and 10 year? I mean, idk I've seen crazier things. It's only familiar because we literally had a top 10 thread on Baker Mayfield who was also a #1 overall draft pick, who was also turning around a franchise, who was also putting up best-in-league type numbers over a limited stretch. They added weapons, had more time in an offensive-minded coaches system. Hell, Baker had one of the best rookie years, while TL had one of the worst, so he might have even had a better argument for succeeding (although TL obv smashes in prospective traits). But the NFL is hard and things happen.

That's why I don't think it's weird for wanting to wait to put TL in the top 10. I can't repeat it enough - It's not an indictment, it's a "putting him in purgatory on hold", kind of take. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

A 5 TD% over his last 10 games in 2020 isn’t dominance lol

I mean, his 8 games from week 7 to 14 where his line is 

Baker: 66.53%    248.4ypg       15td   2int    110.3rtg 

seem pretty solid to me when we are comparing it to TL's last 8 which is 

Trevor: 66.33%    265.4ypg      15td    3int      99.8rtg

But it's probably not comparable because it happened in week 7 instead of week 9.

Edited by Soggust