Top-10 QBs Going into 2023

WizeGuy

24 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Yeah, but that was 6 years ago. Not really relevant when we're talking about QBs going into 2023.

I mean if the idea is that he needs help to produce it is. If the idea is "TL has been better than Cousins in 2022 with worse weapons", I think that's probably a fair take.

I will say that I would take Doug P over any head coaches for MIN, but I think it's fair to say TL has had worse support, generally (even excluding 2021). 

But Kirk's essentially produced this line for 8 years now, so I think I value that consistency over a guy who has only done it for a season. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I love Allen. For fantasy, clearly dude is a monster. But my concern with projecting him further out is health. He treats himself like a fullback. There’s no way that it’d gamble on his health over Mahomes. I have Mahomes and Allen on the same tier because I’m willing to bet on Allen a little longer, but 5-10 years from now? I’m definitely going with Mahomes. It’s also why I’m a little lower on Hurts and Jackson than most. They should all probably be fine for 2023 though. 

I can't argue with this. I too think Mahomes will have a better career due partially to the way Allen plays.

As long as they're both playing at their peak, though- they're pretty close. I have Mahomes slightly ahead because he's a bit more consistent and doesn't fumble as much, but both of them are able to dismantle a defense unlike any other QB in the league although Burrow is someone I'm keeping an eye on because he's looking GOOD, too. 

Edited by WizeGuy

12 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I mean… are you going to claim that he is a worse QB than he was then? Nothing points to that. Kirk easily deserves his due.

12 hours ago, Soggust said:

I mean if the idea is that he needs help to produce it is. If the idea is "TL has been better than Cousins in 2022 with worse weapons", I think that's probably a fair take.

I will say that I would take Doug P over any head coaches for MIN, but I think it's fair to say TL has had worse support, generally (even excluding 2021). 

But Kirk's essentially produced this line for 8 years now, so I think I value that consistency over a guy who has only done it for a season. 

I get it, but projection has to come into play at some point. Kirk is not going to be much better than this. Lawrence is at least around Kirk's level right now, and he's evidently ascending. I get arguments for both but IMO Lawrence can be a top 5 QB, and can reach that next season. Kirk won't ever be more than a 7-12 guy.

22 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

I can't argue with this. I too think Mahomes will have a better career due partially to the way Allen plays.

As long as they're both playing at their peak, though- they're pretty close. I have Mahomes slightly ahead because he's a bit more consistent and doesn't fumble as much, but both of them are able to dismantle a defense unlike any other QB in the league although Burrow is someone I'm keeping an eye on because he's looking GOOD, too. 

Piggy backing off of this post; Mahomes and Allen are extremely close this year. They were extremely close in 2020 in which Allen had a slightly better year. Mahomes was better in 2021.

In fact-  the only QB I think you could have argued to have been in their own tier the past few seasons is Rodgers up until this year. Back-to-back MVPs, and 2020 was a crazy year for him. Allen, Brady, Mahomes were all pretty similar up until this year. Now Allen and Mahomes have continued their reign with Burrow starting to creep up on them.

I just cant put Mahomes in god tier. He's the best QB in the league, imo, but Allen and Burrow arent far behind.

This is interesting:

Allen just needs to reel in his fumbling, and I think theyre even. I also think it's disingenuous for the chart to ignore that, so there's some definite bias in this chart, but still some interesting tidbits of information.

The AFC is so stacked at QB. Damn!

Edited by WizeGuy

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Piggy backing off of this post; Mahomes and Allen are extremely close this year. They were extremely close in 2020 in which Allen had a slightly better year. Mahomes was better in 2021.

In fact-  the only QB I think you could have argued to have been in their own tier the past few seasons is Rodgers up until this year. Back-to-back MVPs, and 2020 was a crazy year for him. Allen, Brady, Mahomes were all pretty similar up until this year. Now Allen and Mahomes have continued their reign with Burrow starting to creep up on them.

I just cant put Mahomes in god tier. He's the best QB in the league, imo, but Allen and Burrow arent far behind.

This is interesting:

Allen just needs to reel in his fumbling, and I think theyre even. I also think it's disingenuous for the chart to ignore that, so there's some definite bias in this chart, but still some interesting tidbits of information.

The AFC is so stacked at QB. Damn!

I think many of his fumbling issues and the drops by WRs have to do with the weather games he has played in. With the rain and snow obviously the ball slips out way easier. And with wind it makes it very hard to throw accurate passes so he is running way more which leads to more fumbles. Seems like every game we play is impacted by weather in some way. Even when we moved our game to play in Detroit we didnt even get an practice time due to illnesses and the weather... 

Im just glad we have been able to weather the storm... lame pun intended.

11 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

They were extremely close in 2020 in which Allen had a slightly better year. 

Mahomes: 15 games, 4,740 pass yards, 38 pass TDs, 6 INT, 308 rush yards, 2 rush TDs, 5 fumbles, 108.2 passer rating, 8.1 YPA, 8.9 AY/A, 8.33 ANY/A.

Allen: 16 games, 4,544 pass yards, 37 pass TDs, 10 INT, 421 rush yards, 8 rush TDs, 10 fumbles, 107.2 passer rating, 7.9 YPA, 8.5 AY/A, 7.22 ANY/A. 

Where was Allen better outside of rushing?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Mahomes: 15 games, 4,740 pass yards, 38 pass TDs, 6 INT, 308 rush yards, 2 rush TDs, 5 fumbles, 108.2 passer rating, 8.1 YPA, 8.9 AY/A, 8.33 ANY/A.

Allen: 16 games, 4,544 pass yards, 37 pass TDs, 10 INT, 421 rush yards, 8 rush TDs, 10 fumbles, 107.2 passer rating, 7.9 YPA, 8.5 AY/A, 7.22 ANY/A. 

Where was Allen better outside of rushing?

Am I the only one who knows how to do this?

Passing Advanced Passing
Rk Player Year QBrec Att Cmp% Y/A+ NY/A+ AY/A+ ANY/A+ Cmp%+ TD%+ Int%+ Sack%+ Rate+
1 Josh Allen 2020 13-3-0 572 69.2 116 120 119 121 120 119 110 115 121
2 Patrick Mahomes 2020 14-1-0 588 66.3 118 124 125 128 108 119 124 121 122

Looks like Mahomes is better in all categories besides cmp%+ but they're pretty close in just about every passing stat. Add in Allen's rushing production and I would say that might put him over the edge? idk.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Passing Advanced Passing
Rk Player Year QBrec Att Cmp% Y/A+ NY/A+ AY/A+ ANY/A+ Cmp%+ TD%+ Int%+ Sack%+ Rate+

Looks like Mahomes is better in all categories besides cmp%+ but they're pretty close in just about every passing stat. Add in Allen's rushing production and I would say that might put him over the edge? idk.

I’m on my phone, it reads ugly on mobile. 

Mahomes has the edge in passing, Allen has the edge in rushing. Allen put the ball in the end zone more with rush TDs (which is largely opportunity based if we’re being honest, 7/8 of those were inside the 5), but he also put that ball on the ground twice as much (10 fumbles). Not really seeing where Allen takes the lead there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Passing Advanced Passing

PFR really needs to advertise this feature better. With rates being more important than raw numbers, as well as raw numbers being impossible to compare across different eras, the Advanced Passing stats are brilliant.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 8:06 AM, HerbertGOAT said:

1) Mahomes

2) Burrow

3) Allen

4) Herbert

5) Hurts

6) Lamar

7) Rodgers

8 ) Lawrence

9) Brady

10) Tua

1) Mahomes

2) Burrow

3) Herbert

4) Allen

5) Lamar

6) Hurts

7) Rodgers

8 ) Lawrence

9) Brady

10) Cousins

lol

Edited by HerbertGOAT

Mahomes is on his own tier, Allen is on his own tier below Mahomes’s tier. Josh had a bad 6 quarters against the Packers and Jets then sprained his throwing elbow. He’s also played in the ****tiest throwing conditions of any QB in the league this year, and is still near the top of the league in most standard and advanced stats. 

Mahomes

Allen

Burrow/Herbert/Hurts