Week 16 Thread: (7-6-1) Commanders vs (10-4) 49ers - 4:05 PM CBS

MikeT14

This team is loaded with the most talent it’s had in years. Ron Rivera’s outrageously dumb decision to go for it on 4th down is a fireable offense. He’s a nice man and I appreciate the respect he’s brought but to get to the next level we have to move on. He just isn’t the guy. Him and Turner are sabotaging this thing. 

• Like 1

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Unfair to unload all of this on TH, but many will.  Coaching decisions and playcalling have been terrible, and the OL is the drizzling poops today.  

I don't think he played terribly, but he was playing for his job and he certainly didn't play well enough in that aspect. 

The offensive line and Scott Turner shoulder the most blame. They knew they were going against the #1 defense and their plan was crap. Running against a 10 man box. Making bad decisions, not taking points and going for it on our side of the field with our undersized QB, are 100% on the staff. 

I would prefer Sam Howell time, but we still control our destiny with the other in the hunt teams also lost. Only way he sees time is if both other QBs are hurt.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This team is loaded with the most talent it’s had in years. Ron Rivera’s outrageously dumb decision to go for it on 4th down is a fireable offense. He’s a nice man and I appreciate the respect he’s brought but to get to the next level we have to move on. He just isn’t the guy. Him and Turner are sabotaging this thing. 

I was thinking it was time to fire Leno personally 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't think he played terribly, but he was playing for his job and he certainly didn't play well enough in that aspect. 

The offensive line and Scott Turner shoulder the most blame. They knew they were going against the #1 defense and their plan was crap. Running against a 10 man box. Making bad decisions, not taking points and going for it on our side of the field with our undersized QB, are 100% on the staff. 

I would prefer Sam Howell time, but we still control our destiny with the other in the hunt teams also lost. Only way he sees time is if both other QBs are hurt.

I agree that he didnt play terribly, but after this pick, TH isn’t going back in.  It is unfortunate but our coaching staff has fallen short with the gameplan here as you outlined.