Week 16 Thread: (7-6-1) Commanders vs (10-4) 49ers - 4:05 PM CBS

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

How? How did Heinicke cost them this game? The dude was sporting a 145 passer rating through three quarters before Riverboat Dumb *** decided to go for it for no reason whatsoever. He’s an awful headcoach that we’re stuck with because our owner is a moron. 

His turn over hurt us

but Rivera going for it on their side so early was dumb 

hope he’s gone with new owner 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

He's a good player. But last year was not good and even his rookie year when he won DROY he did so with an underwhelming year. I realize it's his first game back, but I keep looking at how Bosa takes over games and then looking and seeing how Chase has had impacts on games, but has never really terrorized another team like Bosa has done

He’s just a guy above average but not a super star 

We sure lucked out today w/ Detroit t& Seattle losing. 

Rivera coached an awful game. We missed Curl a lot as no one else had a chance Vs Kittle & Forrest blew a coverage on one of the TDs.

I don’t think Heinicke should’ve gotten benched but I understand it & it is what it is. I was happy Wentz came in and played well even if it was vs a soft zone. Wentz had a few almost ints so much like Heinicke he needs to clean that crap up or they will eventually become ints.

If Wentz is our starter moving forward & I feel he may be, I hope we continue to run the ball effectively & stay balanced on offense. We still need to use the run a lot, especially in the Red-zone & remain balanced. Wentz looked good out there & I hope if he’s the starter for the rest of the year o hope he continues to get the ball out quick or throw it away.

I’m happy Chase played & he looked pretty good out there. He was running around & looked fluid. He had that pass defensed & almost intercepted it but couldn’t locate the  ball in the air. Plays like that just show you what we’re missing with Chase out there even-though JSW, Obada & Toohill are all serviceable opposite Sweat. Chase can just be a game changer even if those plays don’t always show up on the stat sheet, his energy is also infectious on that D, he’s one of their leaders.

Good news:

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He was supposed to be a generational talent. He isn’t. We over hyped ourselves. 

He made a lot of great plays as a rookie. Next year is a big year for Chase. He shouldn’t really be judged on whether he should be retained long term until after we see what he does next year.

He did almost have an int today off his batted ball. That showed that he can still make those game changing plays.

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He was supposed to be a generational talent. He isn’t. We over hyped ourselves. 

He’s 23-years old and coming off a major knee injury. He was very good his rookie year. Mediocre along with the entire defense his second year. I’d give him some time before deciding he isn’t 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

BTW - never tell me that Chase is a "Generational Talent" again.

Know who is? 

Bosa

Based off Chase’s first game back after tearing patella tendon which ended Adam Carriker’s career a decade ago & also returning from a torn ACL.

Let’s see what Chase does next year. Then we can determine if he’s worth retaining.

59 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Well that TD just sealed Wentz starting the rest of the season. SMH, we all saw Wentz suck in the beginning of the year. Did learning the playbook more really make that much difference. This staff just lost even more respect from me with this move. Whatever, I guess they figure they are on their way out anyways. 

Hopefully Wentz can limit the turnover worthy plays. He had 3 of them in just 10 minutes of play in the 4th quarter vs a soft zone. Let’s see what he does when he’s not playing vs a soft zone. I sure hope he plays well if he starts the rest of the season bc we need him to. 

56 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Rivera not knowing field position and TH lost us this game

Also the fact that our DL got little pressure on Purdy, our secondary sucked w/o Curl & an w/ an injured Juice & our run game sucked in the red-zone. We could’ve won that game but Rivera blew it & our guys didn’t execute as well.

59 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

He's a good player. But last year was not good and even his rookie year when he won DROY he did so with an underwhelming year. I realize it's his first game back, but I keep looking at how Bosa takes over games and then looking and seeing how Chase has had impacts on games, but has never really terrorized another team like Bosa has done

In 2021 Chase was more impactful than the stats show but I get it that’s what everyone looks for. He had a ton of pressures, he played the run well & he was very close to having around 10 sacks in 8 games started & finished. He also had 2 sacks taken away on bogus roughing the passer calls. And he almost intercepted Aaron Rodgers similar to how he almost intercepted Purdy today. 

Let’s see how Chase plays next year after he’s back 100% from this knee injury.

I actually disagree that Chase has never terrorized teams like Bosa has done. Chase did a lot of that in Dec of 2017. Have we forgotten the last time we played San Fran? Chase was everywhere, he couldn’t he blocked & he returned a fumble for a TD.

I guess that’s why they say patience is a virtue.

Edited by turtle28

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Of all of the things that happened today……criticizing Chase Young on his first game back, after a knee injury that was likely worse than they led on (and the ole’ reliable press leaks indicated this was indeed true) is peak Redskins fan base. 

real and true GIF

21 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He’s 23-years old and coming off a major knee injury. He was very good his rookie year. Mediocre along with the entire defense his second year. I’d give him some time before deciding he isn’t 

I agree but until he proves me otherwise, he’s not a Bosa