Week 16: Texans @ Titans :: "Twas the night before Christmas"

VY-FTW

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Our injuries were historically bad last year and I don’t even think it was close to as bad as it has gotten this season. 

it's definitely worse this year. remember the rams game from last year with bobby hart at LT and a total patchwork OL? we've played like half the season with an OL of that caliber.

We are starring at a total downfall of this team. 

We literally have our preseason level line out there tomorrow. Guys that 90% of the league would cut. We are going to have them be our starters. 

I really don't care about the rest of the season. I don't mind if we win. But I can't imagine a world where we do anything but lose in heartbreaking fashion in the playoffs. 

We'd host a game and be like oh we might win this only to fail in the end lol. 

But crazy going from a virtual lock to who knows. 

2 hours ago, KingTitan said:

We are starring at a total downfall of this team. 

We literally have our preseason level line out there tomorrow. Guys that 90% of the league would cut. We are going to have them be our starters. 

I really don't care about the rest of the season. I don't mind if we win. But I can't imagine a world where we do anything but lose in heartbreaking fashion in the playoffs. 

We'd host a game and be like oh we might win this only to fail in the end lol. 

But crazy going from a virtual lock to who knows. 

We’ve just completely crumbled this season

But looking at it with sobered eyes … this team was always fools gold

only beat “bad” teams at the time 

roster was always really bad 

OL was likely gonna be a mess even with Lewan

Downing completely in over his head 

questionable depth basically everywhere 

injuries obviously are proving to be the “knockout punch”, but top to bottom this wasn’t a “good” football team starting back in May

• Like 1

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

it's definitely worse this year. remember the rams game from last year with bobby hart at LT and a total patchwork OL? we've played like half the season with an OL of that caliber.

Bobbie Hart looks like an all pro compared to Daley.  That move alone was worthy of firing JRob.  I still don't understand getting Daley when any amatuer can watch some film of the guy and conclude he sucks.  You could throw darts at a list of FA LTs and get someone better.  

We didn’t even need to trade for Daley. We had a LT on the roster the whole time that’s being forced to be guard. I’m sure if he could have just focused on being a tackle instead of learning 4 different positions he’d be way better lol but what do I knw.. I’m just a disgruntled fan 😂

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Please, somebody, protect this man from himself. Love RT, respect the hell out of him, but he’s not carrying this mess of a team on an ankle held together by pins and needles.

Getting stealth ankle surgery in Alabama is the everyday man’s equivalent to buying pot from a guy next to the 7-11 slurpee machine 

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Please, somebody, protect this man from himself. Love RT, respect the hell out of him, but he’s not carrying this mess of a team on an ankle held together by pins and needles.

It's at the point someone on the team should be telling him to shut it down. The fact he was even allowed to go back out on Sunday was bad enough.

His long term health is more important than this game, regardless of how good our team is/what shot we have in the playoffs.

Imma be the bright side here and not doom and gloom it up cause yall got it covered lmao

HAHA sorry that's lowkey funny man. Ryan sneaking surgery to try and play.. I did say months ago that Ryan will go above and beyond to keep Malik off the field cause he will steal his job.. And Mr steal yo job is here now. Almost a whole season of learning for malik and started two games played in two others and now has a chance to pull off a couple Ws and lead the team to the playoffs and then who the hell knows but this is a perfect chance for him.. Wish the Oline was better for the kid but the kid can move so this might be the start of something. 2 games in 6 days 

Ayy yo 1st play tmw? Flea flicker and let malik bomb it to Burks lmao or PA if you wanna be safe but I say we come out throwing then settle in with the king and let him drop 200 on em but I want Burks to go wild man. Run screens and go routes ffs I know Malik can make the throws and it's gonna be 1 on 1 early on

I think we get it done boys I really do. I also oddly enough think Malik plays better on TNF than he will tmw The kid shines under those lights man and we get up for Cowboy games.. Tmw tho it might look a bit ugly at times but last week you could tell Malik was not nervous out there at all so Im hyped for him

Edited by VY-FTW

My beautiful and perfect wife is 6 months pregnant with our first child (girl) and I just had a long talk with her belly about the importance of today and what Malik Willis could mean to our family for the duration of her childhood and adolescence. I also told her about how Treylon is hopefully coming back from a concussion today and how excited I am for her to meet him, too. Then I told her how Treylon is #16 and Malik is 7 and 16-7 equals 9, the number of the greatest Titan of all time Steve McNair 

Seconds later, my wife goes “she just moved”

Our future is here and it arrives today. And the pain we have felt up until this point is 10000x greater than any labor/childbirth

• Like 5

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

My beautiful and perfect wife is 6 months pregnant with our first child (girl) and I just had a long talk with her belly about the importance of today and what Malik Willis could mean to our family for the duration of her childhood and adolescence. I also told her about how Treylon is hopefully coming back from a concussion today and how excited I am for her to meet him, too. Then I told her how Treylon is #16 and Malik is 7 and 16-7 equals 9, the number of the greatest Titan of all time Steve McNair 

Seconds later, my wife goes “she just moved”

Our future is here and it arrives today. And the pain we have felt up until this point is 10000x greater than any labor/childbirth

Welcome to the fatherhood club. Bruce Willis Party GIF by IFC

Hopefully the Titans won't disappoint your child as they did my two sons when I took them to their first games. 

My son's have only seen them lose in person. Never ever seen them win at home. 

I believe it contributes to their love of the NBA. Lol 

• Like 1