I will be at our Christmas Eve game vs Vikings

y*so*blu

I might be the biggest New York Giants fan in Minnesota. But it wasn't always that way. Living here all my life as I have, I grew up supporting the Vikings. The Giants? I rooted for them in Super Bowl XLII, but otherwise they were just another NFC rival.

Until 2019, when some kid named Daniel Jones led the team to breakout wins over the Bucs and Redskins. They were about to play the Vikings. On the surface I supported Minny; deep down inside I wanted the Giants to pull off the upset. And it just grew from there. By 2020 I had officially jumped the longboat. Big Blue was my team.

So I knew it would come to this one day: making the short trip down to USB Stadium to cheer for them against the Vikings. That day comes on Christmas Eve. If any of you will be there too, give me a shout out. Otherwise there's nothing left to say, except go Giants. 🍺

Edited by y*so*blu
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

@y*so*blu Wow! Becoming a Giants fan because of Daniel Jones? That’s crazy. I guess you never felt comfortable as a Vikings fan?

Well the Vikings are the team I grew up with, so I was comfortable with them in that sense. But the Giants are the team I chose.

I started to sympathize with them during Saquon's rookie season and the outrageous benching of Eli. Daniel Jones sealed the deal though. 

45 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

hey there, G Men.

always liked your team and Parcells, always hated the Cowboys. best of success to you this year, except this week of course. sorry about that...

Don't think we have the firepower to compete with you guys. Just need a win over the Colts and maybe Philly throws their JV squad at us. Hopefully we play a meaningful game in the postseason when we are closer to full health. Love watching your Vikes tho. Hope someday our offense is as explosive as yours.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 9:29 PM, y*so*blu said:

I might be the biggest New York Giants fan in Minnesota. But it wasn't always that way. Living here all my life as I have, I grew up supporting the Vikings. The Giants? I rooted for them in Super Bowl XLII, but otherwise they were just another NFC rival.

Until 2019, when some kid named Daniel Jones led the team to breakout wins over the Bucs and Redskins. They were about to play the Vikings. On the surface I supported Minny; deep down inside I wanted the Giants to pull off the upset. And it just grew from there. By 2020 I had officially jumped the longboat. Big Blue was my team.

So I knew it would come to this one day: making the short trip down to USB Stadium to cheer for them against the Vikings. That day comes on Christmas Eve. If any of you will be there too, give me a shout out. Otherwise there's nothing left to say, except go Giants. 🍺

You can't call yourself a fan of any team if it's so easy for you to "jump ship"

3 hours ago, viking said:

You can't call yourself a fan of any team if it's so easy for you to "jump ship"

There are no rules for being a fan. Everyone has their own reasons. Sometimes a relationship just doesn’t work out, and you want to try something else.

• Like 2