2017 Draft grade

Kiwibrown

I did one paper this year, and on my first assignment weighted at 10%, I got a B+

at year 10 this draft class will receive its final evaluation and final grade. 

At week 10 we can give a 5% weighted grading on the our draft. What is our 5% score?

Myles Garret B, looks good at times, 2-3 injuries already. 

peppers D, looks bad or not involved

Njoku C+ looks good when he he gets a turn.

Kizer D- looks pretty poor apart from preseason

Larry O B+, steal.

Wilson, not submitted

Rod johnson N/A

Brantley C+, dude lacks effort. 

Zane g. C+, meh.

dayes B, looks good when he gets to play. lacks top end speed.  

overall it is not that pretty IMO. with a total sitting around C+. Two players aren't being used enough or correctly in Peppers and Njoku, negatively effecting their grading. A long way to go though. 

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

overall it is not that pretty IMO. with a total sitting around C+. Two players aren't being used enough or correctly in Peppers and Njoku, negatively effecting their grading. A long way to go though. 

Well, when you put it that way....

I never understood nor favored and still don't understand the pick of Peppers (sounds sort of nursery rhymeish).

Nonetheless, I do not understand why he is being used in ways that play to his weaknesses vs. his strengths.

Liked and still like the Njoku pick.

Do not understand at all why he is not being used more/correctly.

If both those players emerge as good+ players, the 2017 draft will have been a huge success.

If one or the other of those two emerge as good+ players, the 2017 draft will have been a success.

If neither of those two emerge as good+, the 2017 draft will have been a bust.

The NFL average for starters coming out of any draft class is 3. Based on that, I would rate our draft class as very poor, considering how many 1st round picks we had and the fact, we drafted #1 in each round. But to be fair, we need to wait at least 3 years before passing judgement on a draft class, to see who can be developed into starters over that time.

Right now, I would give us a C-, but a completely healthy Garrett would bring it up to a B-.

51 minutes ago, Iamcanadian said:

The NFL average for starters coming out of any draft class is 3. Based on that, I would rate our draft class as very poor, considering how many 1st round picks we had and the fact, we drafted #1 in each round. But to be fair, we need to wait at least 3 years before passing judgement on a draft class, to see who can be developed into starters over that time.

Right now, I would give us a C-, but a completely healthy Garrett would bring it up to a B-.

I quote

"But to be fair, we need to wait at least 3 years before passing judgement on a draft class"

So you gonna wait 3 years to judge the class

but you say Kizer a bust right now and will never be good

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa. 

that dont make no sense cause you just said up there that.. 

Disagree with the assessment of Brantley. I see the exact opposite with his effort. When he does get in, he is one of the few players who gives us some interior pressure/penetration. I would like to see what you see when you said he lacks effort. Show me specifically what you saw that made you say that.

I would love to see a cut up of all of his snaps this year though and we should see more of him anyway with Meder being out for the year.

I'm not going to grade this draft class right now. All of them are going through Rookie adjustments. Give them a full season and another training camp to pass judgement. For now though:

Garrett - I like what I have seen. He is making a difference when he is on the field. injuries aside, he is going to be an A+ stud for years to come. 

Peppers - He was a solid pick where he went. I think the coaching staff might not be using him correctly. I also think he got into his own head in punt returns. Calling it rookie nerves for now. 

Njoku - Not used enough if you ask me. We need a tall receiving threat, yet he is either not in the play or stuck blocking. I see plenty of teams have a TE block for 2 seconds then go out for a quick dump off pass. Why is Njoku NOT doing this? 

Kizer - I didn't like this pick to begin with. He was too raw and I knew (without a Vet on the team) we would be screaming to start him. Project QBs should NEVER start. This clouds any and all attempts to grade him. What would have happened if he sat all season and maybe played the last 5 games? What about we actually keep Pryor instead of Britt? The kid would have had a reliable WR to throw and a Vet QB to learn behind. We might be talking about getting a king's ransom for the first overall right now. Who knows. What I do know is when thrown to the wolves Kizer has done exactly what I thought he would have back when we drafted him. Strong arm, good size but NO ACCURACY. Mix in learning a pro offense and you got 0-10. All that being said, sign a vet, draft the best QB on the board and move on. Kizer can still be on the team. He can learn. Maybe a backup QB or if a team wants, trade him for a mid round pick later down the road. 

As for the rest... unless they are already standing out, you don't grade rookies past 3rd round. They need more time to develop in order to make an impact. It take patience to turn mid rounds talent into starters or even high quality ST/Backups. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Archived